Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Tom Weatherly
This topic is about Tom Weatherly
Book Issues > Merge author pages

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Mousseau | 383 comments There are multiple entries for the same author. Please merge them.

Tom Weatherly
&
Thomas Weatherly

(Short History of the Saxaphone: this title shows two entries for "Thomas Weatherly" but I can only find one)

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 08, 2016 05:08PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Done. Added covers also.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Mousseau | 383 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Done. Added covers also."

Thank you! And thank you for adding the covers!

While we're on it, I just noticed that "Saxophone" is spelled incorrectly. Only the title. In the description it is spelled correctly.

Also, I noticed that the author is a member of Goodreads. Here is his profile: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...

How do you go about making someone an official Goodreads Author? Is this something you can ask him, or should he ask you himself? Just thought I would bring this to your attention.

Thanks again!

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:10PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Fixed spelling, which I should have noticed, thanks.

Usually the author either asks to claim a profile or asks something about one of his/her books and we then tell them they can claim the profile. I haven't experienced offering a profile to an author otherwise, but I guess there's no reason it couldn't happen.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Mousseau | 383 comments That's okay! It was a subtle mistake.

I leave the matter to your discretion. Just thought I should bring it to your attention. Thanks again!

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments At the bottom of the author profile pages are two links

1) is this you? Is for the author to use to claim the profile
2) is a "invite the Author to join GR" but you need an email address to send it to

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Short History of the Saxophone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tom Weatherly (other topics)