Our Shared Shelf discussion

Archive > Book Swap Meet Up - NRW, Germany

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 26 comments Hi there, lovely folks!
So, scrolling through the "pay it forward" section and then getting back to the "meet ups" I found how many German people couldn't always afford copies of the books and how many German people were eager to meet up in person. So I thought, wouldn't it be great if we could just have a meet up kind of thing where we swap and borrow books so we call all share these masterpieces and the experience of reading them?
I can't really afford sending books all over the country right now, let alone all over the world, but I'd be happy to share them with people by just thrusting them into their hands ;D
So if anyone within North Rhine Westphalia should be interested in that kind of thing, I'd love to hear from you guys.
Love to all. x

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 8 comments that would actually be amaaaazing!!! i currently live im the netherlands really closento the border but movimg to münster soon, anywhere in NRW would be fine for me

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 26 comments whoop whoop! super excited that yet another person is interested! As no one replied to the Cologne meet up discsussion anymore and much less to this thread, I ended up sending around private messages to the people who had been nterested in a Cologne meet up in the first place. I received quite a few positive responses already and I'll put you on the list immediately. Will also catch you in private messages for details soon if you don't mind! xx

message 4: by Locovilly (new)

Locovilly | 31 comments i live in rheinland pfalz, but i could travel to Cologne. Have time in the first week of August.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Jane (paperbackinhand) | 1 comments I live in Dusseldorf and would love to take part in a meetup! Cologne is just a short train ride away :)

message 6: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 26 comments Everyone interested find me in personal messages so I don't forget to put any of you on the list. I'm super excited already xx

message 7: by Vavita (new)

Vavita | 10 comments I could travel to Cologne depending on the date. I live BW

message 8: by Antonietta (new)

Antonietta Richarz | 1 comments I live in Cologne and would be up for a meeting too.

message 9: by Michèle (new)

Michèle (micheleschapters) | 1 comments sounds so good! Depending on the date I would totally be down for it :)

message 10: by Tanja (new)

Tanja | 2 comments It depends on when I live in Bielefeld, no jokes about the fact that we don't exist please, and Cologne is 2 hours away by train so not that much of a trip.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (minimalisteph) I'm an expat in Stuttgart but would be willing to travel!

message 12: by Benjamín (new)

Benjamín Hernández-Rodríguez (bhernand) | 3 comments Hi, is there still an upcoming meeting for NRW? I'd like to join and maybe exchange my books. I live in Münster, so I can just meet any weekend. Cheers.

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 26 comments Hi hi, lovely peeps! ♥

So, first things first, I am incredibly sorry I haven't been able to organise any kind of meeting yet. I was visiting my family during uni break and somehow got stuck there longer than expected. Since I am leaving the country and probably not coming back for the rest of the year, I would so so love to spontaneously meet up with as many of you guys as possible before that. Would anyone be free this weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday in Düsseldorf. I know it's super rushed and I will sure as hell go a for a properly planned meet up as soon as I'm back in Düsseldorf (which will likely be in January). But should any of you be up for a spontaneous gathering this weekend, please shoot me a message. I'd certainly love to share a few reading experiences, discuss feminist issues and possibly swap some books or whatever we feel like doing.

Apologies again, especially to those who are not from NRW and have to plan early.
Regardless of the potential mini meet up this weekend, I'd love to head towards another date in January already.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Jill xx