Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Rachel Dukes
This topic is about Rachel Dukes
Book Issues > Please Remove This Title

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments The book never saw publication and is no longer owned by Abrams. I've had this title removed in the past and it recently reappeared in my feed. Thanks. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 2: by lethe (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

lethe | 13580 comments It is listed in Worldcat as having been published in 2015.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/let-me-...

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments That's incorrect. The book was cancelled in June of 2015 and never saw publication. The art was never finalized and it was never printed. I purchased the book back from Abrams in February of 2016.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments Notice that the book is unavailable for sale anywhere.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13580 comments Rachel wrote: "Notice that the book is unavailable for sale anywhere."

That in itself is not a reason for deletion. Goodreads is not a bookstore, but aspires to be a database of all books ever published, currently available or not.

Since it is listed in Worldcat, no librarian is going to delete it. You had best contact support (at) goodreads (dot) com

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments The book was never printed or published so it shouldn't be listed. It never existed past a rough draft and should not be listed on Worldcat. It's a mistake.

The book was previously scrubbed from Goodreads in 2015. I'll reach out to support (at) goodreads (dot) com for a solution. Thanks.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments I don't know if Librarians have access to support tickets but for sake of accountability and record-keeping: Goodreads Support previously deleted this title under ticket #302606 on 11-02-2015.

message 8: by Paula (last edited Jun 08, 2016 10:48PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments The book has been added via auto import from Hatchette so you need to talk to them to stop the book populating again.

Edit: we don't have access to support tickets, we are volunteers

I have deleted the book

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dukes (racheldukes) | 26 comments Thank you Paula. I'll follow-up with Hatchette.