Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > I'm new here!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 6 comments I've using Good Reads for a long time now but this is my first time ever joining a group or making friends to discuss books. I barely know how to reply to people! Any pointers? Thanks :)

message 2: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments just jump into a conversation. We won't bite. Welcome to the world of non-lurkers.

message 3: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 6 comments Thanks! It's nice to share a common love!

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments Be prepared for your bookshelf to grow like a weed. Out of control and more than you can handle!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 85 comments ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "Be prepared for your bookshelf to grow like a weed. Out of control and more than you can handle!"

I second that. lol. Welcome!

message 6: by Amoreena (new)

Amoreena  | 66 comments I still don't know how to put the cover of a book in a comment! :) feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments To add a book or a cover, click the add book/author above each comment box. You'll figure it out. Not hard at all.

message 8: by Amoreena (new)

Amoreena  | 66 comments ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "To add a book or a cover, click the add book/author above each comment box. You'll figure it out. Not hard at all."

Haha! I knew it had to be simple!!!

message 9: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 6 comments Thanks everyone ❤️ How do you reply directly to a comment of a member? I haven't quite figured it out yet.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Niamh, just hit the "reply" button at the bottom of their post

message 11: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 6 comments That's strange I don't have a "reply" button just an "add a comment" button

message 12: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Niamh wrote: "That's strange I don't have a "reply" button just an "add a comment" button "

It's on the right side - reply flag*

message 13: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments The reply link is above their comment box, but the one you write in. Like, if I wanted to reply what Rachel wrote, I would go to her message number, move to the right where it says the time and above that, is the reply button. I started back in 09 and it took me forever to learn how to strike out things for challenges and what not. It's like those machines when you go check out at the grocery store...they are all different. All social media sites have their quirks.

message 14: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments Hi Brendon!

message 15: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Wester | 125 comments Hi there... Welcome to Goodreads!

I mainly use Goodreads to keep track of books I read and I have done the reading challenge for 3 years now.

You don't have to be that active in groups (I try, but fail because of lack of time). But, every now and again you can make fantastic friendships or have an awesome discussion over books or a theme.

I hope you enjoy being a part of this group! :)

message 16: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 6 comments Thank you!

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments Welcome Niamh. This is a wonderful place for those who love books. I've received great recommendations on authors and series. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.