Duffy Browns Cozy Mystery Series discussion

Bicycle Key Fob Giveaway! Ends June 15th

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 295 comments Mod
Braking For Bodies is set on Mackinac Island where the locals all know each other, doors aren't locked, neighbors wander in and out of each others' lives and there are no cars. So, there isn't much use for a lot of keys.

The question is keys...how many do you carry around?
Duffy will give away three bicycle key-fobs from the answers!

To see a photo of the Key Fobs, click the Photo link in the upper right section of this Page. ( the Key Fob photo is the 2nd from the left )
**You can click on any Photo to make it larger! =)

Giveaway Ends on Wednesday, June 15th!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Hmm 4 keys for me!

message 3: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments well i used to carry about 6 or 8. now i dont carry even one. i dont drive anymore, so on those rare occasions when i go out alone, i carry one key.

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy R (curlupwithacozy) | 5 comments I carry 7 keys which are a mixture of keys for my personal life and keys for my professional life.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon I carry 3.

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 11 comments I carry 3 (1 for our accessible van and 2 house keys).

message 7: by Sandie (new)

Sandie (sanderella13) I carry 2.

message 8: by Melissa (last edited Jun 14, 2016 03:23PM) (new)

Still time to enter the Giveaway! =)

Giveaway Ends on Wednesday, June 15th!
The winners will be announced after June 15th.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I carry 5 but only 2 do I recognize and only 1 is in daily use. So bad~I know haha
Good Luck All

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna Block (corky200) | 3 comments 3 keys - car, house & mail

message 11: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Shellii wrote: "I carry 5 but only 2 do I recognize and only 1 is in daily use. So bad~I know haha
Good Luck All"

Shellii wrote: "I carry 5 but only 2 do I recognize and only 1 is in daily use. So bad~I know haha
Good Luck All"

Hi. Shelli. I’m always afraid to get rid of keys I don’t know what they go to too. I keep thinking that I’ll come across a lock I forgot about and have no key. LOL Thanks for chatting.

message 12: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Donna wrote: "3 keys - car, house & mail"

Hi, Donna. That’s impressive. Most of us carry around way too many keys. Thanks for chatting.

message 13: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Sandie wrote: "I carry 2."

And your car thanks you for it. They say when you have too many keys dangling from your ignition it’s really hard on the car.

message 14: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Peggy wrote: "I carry 7 keys which are a mixture of keys for my personal life and keys for my professional life."

I told the place where I work...the Snooty Fox...to keep the keys. It just gets to be too many.

message 15: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Joanne wrote: "I carry 3 (1 for our accessible van and 2 house keys)."

Hi, Joanne. You are so efficient. I see these people with a ton o keys on their ring and wonder what they do with them all. LOL Hugs, Duffy

message 16: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Kayt18 wrote: “well i used to carry about 6 or 8. now i dont carry even one. i dont drive anymore, so on those rare occasions when i go out alone, i carry one key."

HI, Kay
No driving! I so want one of those cars that drives itself. I could read it could drive. LOL

message 17: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Hilary wrote: "Hmm 4 keys for me!"

Hilary wrote: "Hmm 4 keys for me!”

Hi, Hilary. Four is very doable. More than that and I forget what they go to. LOL. I have those cover colored tops for some of my keys to help me remember.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Duffy wrote: "Shellii wrote: "I carry 5 but only 2 do I recognize and only 1 is in daily use. So bad~I know haha
Good Luck All"

Shellii wrote: "I carry 5 but only 2 do I recognize and only 1 is in daily use. So..."

Good Morning, Duffy!
Yes, Exactly!
Enjoy your day :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Duffy wrote: "Sandie wrote: "I carry 2."

And your car thanks you for it. They say when you have too many keys dangling from your ignition it’s really hard on the car."

This is actually true. Years ago a mechanic servicing my husbands truck had warned him that the weight of his keys would damage the ignition. My husband did not head the mecanics warning and sure enough his ignition became loose and the key could not properly turn in the ignition. My husband had to replce the ignition. He still carries more on his ring than I but removed all the excess to anouther ring he keeps on the dresser and carries what he deems necessary.
Have a Great Day :)

message 20: by Sandie (new)

Sandie (sanderella13) I didn't know that about the weight of keys and the ignition!! I know several people who carry lots of keys and little charms, stuffed toys, etc on their key chain. It weighs more than their purse!! A key for my car and one for my apartment is all I need. Just don't ask what I carry in my purse!! LOL!! :)

message 21: by Melissa (last edited Jun 16, 2016 10:55AM) (new)

I had heard about too many keys on a keyring a few years ago ( and how its bad on a car ignition )...and now I keep my car key in a little pouch in my purse.
I'm very careful with it -- but I only want that key to be in the ignition ( without other keys )

I have a lanyard necklace that I keep several keys on - car door/trunk key, house key and a couple of other keys ( plus I have some store loyalty cards on that key ring for when I'm out shopping ).

Its helpful to me - to wear the lanyard necklace when doing "everyday errands" -- that way....I'm not accidentially locking myself out of my car ( I did that a few times....)

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Winners will be posted soon! =)

message 23: by Melissa (last edited Jun 20, 2016 04:26PM) (new)

The 3 winners are -
Peggy
Joanne
Shellii

Please send a email to
duffybrown@duffybrown.com - to claim your prize! =)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Melissa wrote: "The 3 winners are -
Peggy
Joanne
Shellii

Please send a email to
duffybrown@duffybrown.com - to claim your prize! =)"

How Fun! Thank you both~Duffy & Melissa!
Congratulations Peggy & Joanne!!

=)

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Shellii wrote: "Melissa wrote: "The 3 winners are -
Peggy
Joanne
Shellii

Please send a email to

Congratulations ..."

Have a great day Shellii! =)

Congratulations to all the winners!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Melissa wrote: "Shellii wrote: "Melissa wrote: "The 3 winners are -
Peggy
Joanne
Shellii

Please send a email to

..."

Thank you Melissa! You do the same! =)

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Thanks Shellii !