Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Free Honest Reviews

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments Hello!
I would like to offer to read and review some of your books since I have some time this summer! I prefer paperback copies, but I will accept pdf files or word documents as well.

I prefer to read Fantasy, Adventure, Christian Fiction, Realistic Fiction, or Historical Fiction. No nonfiction please. If your book doesn't fit those genres, let me know a brief synopsis and I will decide if I will make an exception with that genre. I will only read books that would be considered G or PG rating so no graphic violence, excessive profanity, or sexual themes.

I will review honestly and post to Amazon and Goodreads. Just send me a private message or post here in the comments. Thanks!

message 2: by Doug (new)

Doug Oudin | 168 comments Hi Carrie,
I have two books on Amazon, 'Five Weeks to Jamaica', an adventure at sea (with a bit of sexual content, but nothing raunchy or graphic), and my memoir, 'Between Two Harbors, Reflections of a Catalina Island Harbormaster'. I can send you a Word document of each, or one, but they will not be formatted to a book print version.
Please let me know at dougoudin@yahoo.com.
Thanks, DougFive Weeks to Jamaica

message 3: by Lenita (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Lenita Sheridan | 1010 comments Hi Carrie!

I have written a Christian children's fantasy. It's titled Guardian of the Gauntlet. I could send you a paperback if you email me with your snail mail address at this address: mrsgcraftlady@hotmail.com.

message 4: by J. A. (new)

J. A. | 10 comments Carrie wrote: "Hello!
I would like to offer to read and review some of your books since I have some time this summer! I prefer paperback copies, but I will accept pdf files or word documents as well.

I prefer t..."

Aloha;

Carrie,

I have written fantasy story that is a new take on a familiar concept. It is entitled "The Adventures of a Gingerbread Man". It is about 223 pages long, in e-book format; but I can send you a PDF copy if you wish. Please contact me at forgottenlorepublishing@gmail.com if this kind of tale is of interest to you. Thank you for your willingness to review books; for every writer values feedback.

Respectfully Yours,

J. A. Stubbs

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Kennedy | 65 comments Hi Carrie,

Thank you for your generous offer. I have a teen/young adult story about wild mustangs. It's perfectly suitable for any age. Here's a link and please feel free to contact me at tuxcats@yahoo.com

https://www.amazon.com/Meeting-Mustan...

Thanks again!

Cathy

message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Marten | 61 comments Hi Carrie,

Is women's fiction something you would consider?

You can download free sampler to see if it's a genre you would like.

https://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Tiarra...

Aloha & Mahalo

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth St.John | 13 comments Carrie - that is so generous of you. Many thanks. My book is historical fiction, and is set in seventeenth century London. My heroine is the mistress of the Tower of London, and she and her husband live within the corrupt court according to their Calvinist faith. I self published earlier this year.
If you are interested, I'd be delighted to email you a PDF or a Kindle version.
https://www.amazon.com/Lady-Tower-Nov...

message 8: by Alma J. (new)

Alma J. Wilson (almajwilson) | 9 comments Here's a link to a children's chapter book, realistic fiction, you may be interested in. It's free on KU. Thanks so much for the offer!

http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Mothers-...

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 28 comments My short story Brainstorm is free until tomorrow on Amazon if you wish to pick it up :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainstorm-M...

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Parker | 20 comments Carrie,

Thanks for the offer. If you are interested in middle grade, I will send you a signed paperback copy of Shaky Man. Just send me your mailing address to marksparkerwriter@gmail.com. Here's the pitch:

STAY AWAY FROM SHAKY MAN ! This is the story of the unlikely friendship of two boys, one white, one black, growing up in Central Texas during the 1960's. They are brought together by their common love of laughter, baseball and Star Trek. They come to deal with the racism, intolerance and turbulence of the times. There is even a murder and a trial. And, of course, there is the mysterious Shaky Man. All the kids in Tonkaway, Texas say he killed his wife and kids, eats children and abuses his dogs.

"This book is so much fun, most readers won’t realize they are being taught compassion and respect for others while turning pages to find out how the story ends." Jo Ann Holt, Dallas Focus Daily News

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Mark

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments Lenita wrote: "Hi Carrie!

I have written a Christian children's fantasy. It's titled Guardian of the Gauntlet. I could send you a paperback if you email me with your snail mail address at this ad..."

I have actually read and reviewed both of your Guardian of the Gauntlet books. They are wonderful and my niece enjoys them as well. Thanks!

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Carrie - that is so generous of you. Many thanks. My book is historical fiction, and is set in seventeenth century London. My heroine is the mistress of the Tower of London, and she and her husband..."

I am interested. Please send a PDF to carrierachellejohnson@outlook.com and I will add it to my list. Thanks!

message 13: by Lyra (last edited Jun 09, 2016 11:07AM) (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 35 comments Hi, Carrie! My book series is somewhere between fantasy and sci-fi.
Shiva XIV (Shiva XIV #1) by Lyra Shanti

Here's the blurb:

Prophecy rules, science rebels, and the fate of all depends on a boy named Ayn. Predestined to become the great messiah of his people, Ayn must save his galaxy from disease and war. But can he do it, and should he? Is it even his true place? Ayn must decide before it's too late!

Book One begins with Ayn's birth and follows him as he discovers the world outside the palace he was raised. A coming of age story amidst galactic turmoil, Shiva XIV has action, romance, mysticism, and magical creatures. Join Ayn and his friends as his journey to become a heroic legend unfolds.

There is sexuality and mild violence, but not focused on. It may not be your cup of tea, but I can send you a pdf if you're interested. Just let me know in pm or at lyrashanti@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)

message 14: by Patrice (new)

Patrice Smith (realfoodisrealgood) | 12 comments Hello Carrie,
My book is Children's Fiction entitled The Struggle: Mom and the Summertime Blues

Blurb:
The story of four sisters:
Diamond
Shelia
Crystal
Felicity
who dread their summer break because of their mom. A timely and hilarious read told through the eyes and voice of adolescent authors about their perspective of Mom's summertime "fun".

Young readers will empathize with the youthful perspective of parents and "their ways".

Parents will enjoy reading about the feelings of the four girls in the story, nodding in agreement from the beginning to the end.

The entire family will enjoy this book. Instead of those great summer trips and long lazy days of summer, the four sisters complain about having to eat healthy and exercise, do homework and chores, and more. Throughout the book the girls tell of important life lessons taught by their parents. These lessons are told in a comical way.

If interested I can send you whatever digital format you prefer.

message 15: by C.J. (new)

C.J. McKee (cjmckee) | 107 comments Hi Carrie!

Appreciate the offer! I have been looking for more reviews so this would be great! I currently have two fantasy books out. If you prefer print I have all, print, e-book and audio as well. Let know if you're interested! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Bane-Dra...

https://www.amazon.com/Outcast-Dragon...

message 16: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments Patrice wrote: "Hello Carrie,
My book is Children's Fiction entitled The Struggle: Mom and the Summertime Blues

Blurb:
The story of four sisters:
Diamond
Shelia
Crystal
Felicity
who dread their ..."

Sounds good. You can send a PDF to carrierachellejohnson@outlook.com. Thanks!

message 17: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments C.J. wrote: "Hi Carrie!

Appreciate the offer! I have been looking for more reviews so this would be great! I currently have two fantasy books out. If you prefer print I have all, print, e-book and audio as wel..."

I love books with dragons so yes I am interested! Is one of them Book One or do they work well separately? If separately, could you please send me a PDF file to carrierachellejohnson@outlook.com for Outcast and I will add it to my summer to read list. Or you can send both if you want. Thanks!

message 18: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Strange (jsstrange) | 48 comments Hi Carrie,

Are you interested in reading a zombie book?

message 19: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Johnson | 15 comments J.S. wrote: "Hi Carrie,

Are you interested in reading a zombie book?"

As long as it is not too gross or graphically violent.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth St.John | 13 comments Carrie wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Carrie - that is so generous of you. Many thanks. My book is historical fiction, and is set in seventeenth century London. My heroine is the mistress of the Tower of London, and s..."

Thank you Carrie - just sent it. Happy reading!

message 21: by Jason (new)

Jason Panick | 4 comments Carrie, check out my book, Diary of a Doofus Wizard on Kindle Unlimited. It is short and fun. :) thanks!