Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > free beta reader seeking books with medical passages

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonita (new)

Bonita Martin | 24 comments I am a registered nurse. Although I'm not a copy editor, I'll let you know if your manuscript contains errors regarding medical terminology or current medical practices, as it is a pet peeve. I'm ready to read your manuscript right now!

message 2: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 46 comments Hi there!

So I do have a scene in my fantasy novel where someone is sewing up an injured person's wounds. I tried to do some research on the topic, but any input you have would be really helpful. It's so great that your willing to help us clueless people out!

If you're interested in reading the whole work that would be extra fantastic. If not, medical info is oh so wonderful too :)

message 3: by Bonita (new)

Bonita Martin | 24 comments Hi Elliot!

Let me take a look at passages involving the wound. How long is your novel? I might read all of it.

Bonita

message 4: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 46 comments That's great, thanks!

And it's pretty long *sigh*. The word count is pretty close to 200,000. If you'd like I can send you the prologue and maybe you can let me know if it's got a good hook? The prologue is only a couple of pages :) Big works are obviously big commitments, and as someone who works full time I have a huge respect for people that volunteer their time like yourself. The fact that you're willing to look at anything aspiring authors write is very kind. I won't be sad if you decline reading the whole thing. No hard feelings AT ALL :)

Anyway, my email is elliotbrooksnovels@gmail.com. I'll send you the passage via email if that works for you.

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean | 8 comments I do have a book that has quite a bit of medical...and vampires...and Ebola....would like to hear back from you!

message 6: by Bonita (new)

Bonita Martin | 24 comments Hi Sean!

I would love to take a look at it. Does it have werewolves? They freak me out, but you could warn me, lol. Do you have a deadline?

Bonita