Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Completed Novel: Middle Grade Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TC (new)

TC Doherty | 7 comments I need a beta reader or two to look over a completed MG fantasy novel. I'm hoping to self-publish later this year.

I've already sent it to an editor for large issues, now I'd like to see how well I fixed them (looking for consistency, clarity, general thoughts, nothing line-by-line or anything super strenuous)

Total Length: 63,142 words
Format: Word doc or Google doc

Summary: Seneria was born to be the next Solaris, one of the two most powerful mages in the Seven Kingdoms. However, due to her youth, gender, and lineage, she doesn't get the respect she thinks she deserves. When she receives a threatening letter from the Ghost, the realm's number one mage enemy, she sees a chance to prove herself. Seneria learns two things very quickly. One, being Solaris isn't as easy as she thought it would be; and two, the Ghost is nothing as simple as the rogue mage everyone assumed he was.

If interested, please respond to this thread.

Thank you for your time!

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments I've got an MG fantasy work as well - completed. Want to swap the first few chapters?

My book blurb is down the thread a little - Upper MG Fantasy, Dual perspective.

Cheers,
Kim

message 3: by TC (new)

TC Doherty | 7 comments Kim wrote: "I've got an MG fantasy work as well - completed. Want to swap the first few chapters?

My book blurb is down the thread a little - Upper MG Fantasy, Dual perspective.

Cheers,
Kim"

Kim,

I'd be happy to swap with you! Either a few chapters or the whole thing.

Word doc works best for me. Want to message me with your email?

-TC

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments Hi TC, Just messaged you! :) Kim

Author Dawnette Brenner (author_dawnette_brenner) | 13 comments TC:
I'd love to read your novel; how about a swap? I finished my first "novella," and seeking the same on flow and clarity.

Thanks,

TC wrote: "I need a beta reader or two to look over a completed MG fantasy novel. I'm hoping to self-publish later this year.

I've already sent it to an editor for large issues, now I'd like to see how well ..."

message 6: by TC (new)

TC Doherty | 7 comments Joshua,

I just sent a message!

Author Dawnette Brenner (author_dawnette_brenner) | 13 comments Great, responding and sending it to you. :)

Thanks!

~JE