The Book Nook discussion

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about Red Queen
June 2016 > What do you think?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prince William Public Libraries (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Prince William Public Libraries (pwpls) | 23 comments Mod
I have to admit, I had no idea what the story was about when I first started reading. It took a couple of chapters for me to get past the initial "This is just another Hunger Games" feeling, but then I couldn't put it down!

What do you think of Mare? She's not your typical selfless heroine that are in a lot of YA books. She starts out incredibly angry at the world (and rightfully so!); is she the same at the end of the story? How is it different/the same? How has she changed? I still haven't figured out if it's for the better or not... definitely planning on reading the sequel to see what happens!

And it's not just Mare; every character in this book has layers...and layers... and oh look! More layers. Not one of them is entirely good or bad. Especially the guys. Talk about a mix of personalities. Did anyone stand out to you? Who were you rooting for, and who are you itching to see go down in the sequel, Glass Sword?

Comment away and share what you think!

Tracy (librariansmiles) | 1 comments It did start off a bit slow at first but then I started getting into it. I think the final third was the most exciting. I was surprised at Maven and just how evil he turned out to be. I thought Cal was the most intriguing character- I wavered back and forth between liking/not liking him depending on how Mare perceived him at any given moment. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how quick I will be to read the next book given how many other books are in my TBR pile!