The Book Was Better discussion

GENERAL > Books which make you cry and sad

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 10 comments This probably is going to be a shocker (hint of sarcasm) but The Fault in Our Stars has left me in a mess Every. Single. Time.

message 2: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 8 comments Me & the Boy with the IV was so sad! Definitely the first book that made me actually cry. I originally read it on Wattpad, then liked it so much that when she published it as a proper e-book, I bought it.

message 3: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 14 comments Mine would have to be All the Bright Places and Of Mice and Men

message 4: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 8 comments Tallulah wrote: "Mine would have to be All the Bright Places and Of Mice and Men"

Oh, yeah, All the Bright Places was super depressing/sad

message 5: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 8 comments Love Always, Kate I bawled like a baby during this book.

message 6: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (raq02) Love letters to the Dead and Friends Forever, these books broke my heart haha

message 7: by Faythe (new)

Faythe | 4 comments My favorite book series off all time is The Mortal Instruments and I was in tears at parts of this book (and then a whole mood change several pages later. Talk about an emotional roller coaster).

message 8: by Electric (new)

Electric Bubbles (electricbubbles) | 21 comments I listened to The Book Thief after watching the movie. I finished it at around 2am. I knew the ending. I knew it! But I was sobbing.

message 9: by Louise (new)

Louise Van Der Vyver | 5 comments My sister's keeper (the book)
When marnie was there (it's a kids book but...oh god it's so sad)

message 10: by Elham (new)

Elham H. Alsalahi (elham_alsalahi) Tuesdays With Morrie, oh mate I cried a whole liter of tears while reading that book!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think I've ever cried about a book, but I have been on the verge of tears.

message 12: by koket (new)

koket (kg0982543k12shorelineschoolsorg) where the read fern grows made me cry it's so sad. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Kaye | 4 comments I cried during Allegiant and Harry Potter books 5-7

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I'll be firmly on the left side of the room when it comes to The Fault In Our Stars and My Sister's Keeper. Those books made me so angry.

LesMis had me bawling in the movie theater. I will conquer the book eventually but Fantine's Death is surefire going to make my ugly cry.

message 15: by Anoushka (last edited Jun 19, 2016 07:30AM) (new)

Anoushka | 3 comments I haven't actually ever cried during reading , but yeah a lot of books left me pretty sad such as the Knife of Never Letting Go which has a death that I will never get over.

message 16: by Briana Jade (new)

Briana Jade (briana_jade) I cried reading Allegiant and The Last Star

message 17: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 14 comments I Heard the Owl Call My Name is a moving and powerful book, beautifully written. It asks the big questions in life. I wish everyone could read it at least once.

message 18: by Suzan (new)

Suzan Spitzberg | 8 comments The Time Traveler's Wife - I read the book twice and cried both times. The movie would have been better had they no omitted the last scene in the book.

message 19: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 14 comments In William Styron's Sophie's Choice there is a heartbreaking plot twist that stays with the reader forever. I hope people will give it a try, if they haven't read it already. It is a very serious work of fiction.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments ^ I loved Sophie's Choice. Good recommendation!

message 21: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 14 comments Thank you, Cate. Have you by any chance read Styron's Darkness Visible, or The Confessions of Nat Turner?

message 22: by meltem (new)

meltem | 6 comments The Book Thief.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments Frances wrote: "Thank you, Cate. Have you by any chance read Styron's Darkness Visible, or The Confessions of Nat Turner?"

No, I haven't yet. But I'm in love with his writing style.

message 24: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 14 comments I am nearly finished reding Me Before you but I dont know if I can, Im already in tears because I know what happens

message 26: by Baylee (new)

Baylee (booooookssssawesome) | 7 comments I think the book that made me cry the most was Beauty sleep

message 27: by Teagan (last edited Sep 24, 2016 04:09AM) (new)

Teagan | 7 comments The last book in the Amtrak Wars (Earth-Thunder). Can't even explain the feeling.

message 28: by Corynn (new)

Corynn Gammon We were Liars made me cry! In the sun, in a lounge chair, in a campground, in front of my daughter and niece. Wow.

message 29: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Naillon (buffytuf) | 3 comments Corynn wrote: "We were Liars made me cry! In the sun, in a lounge chair, in a campground, in front of my daughter and niece. Wow."

I've always wondered about "We Were Liars." I haven't had the chance to pick up the book yet. What type of story is it? Maybe I'll pick it up to read during fall break at school. I usually earmark that time for laying in my bed and reading books all day. It's a guilty, but worthy pleasure. :)

Buffy

message 30: by Corynn (new)

Corynn Gammon Buffy wrote: "Corynn wrote: "We were Liars made me cry! In the sun, in a lounge chair, in a campground, in front of my daughter and niece. Wow."

I've always wondered about "We Were Liars." I haven't had the cha..."

I'd say it's a story about family and friendship and love. I know, that's pretty general, but I don't want to give anything away. I rarely find a book that is unpredictable, so I don't want to go too far...

message 31: by Promi (new)

Promi Zaman | 2 comments 'Me before you' and 'the death cure' made me sob for weeks :(

message 32: by Juniper (new)

Juniper "Orange" by Ichigo Takano. It is a manga series. I recommend it so much.

message 33: by Ceria (new)

Ceria Fajriati (lil_cherry93) | 4 comments Juniper wrote: ""Orange" by Ichigo Takano. It is a manga series. I recommend it so much."

Is it have anime version?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments ^ Yep. And I think a live action adaptation as well. If not out already, there's going to be one in the future.

Anohana though.... ;_____;

message 35: by Nina (new)

Nina Foster (ninafoster) "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom, both made me cry my eyes out.

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna Carter | 3 comments One of the most recent books I've cried over is I Am Number Four. My sister was "practicing" giving me an IV for her nursing school as I was reading. Needless to say, she was a little worried when I burst into tears as I read. LOL

message 37: by Honey (new)

Honey | 2 comments Me befor you by Jojo moyes and Harry Potter and the half blood prince :(

message 38: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 7 comments I just finished Faithful by Alice Hoffman and it's a total sob fest. It's beautifully written and I'd definitely recommend but maybe don't read on the train like I did :)

message 39: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1688 comments Mod
I'm on book 5(or is it 6) of the Lorean Legacy books and I was surprised to cry during The Revenge of Seven. I think it was mostly since I was doing audio books so it was a lot more real to have a character speaking the action and all that. I usually cry more at books than movies though, so it wasn't too big of a surprise for me! haha

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I cried while reading Cress from TLC.... That was emotional and sad and I miss sassmaster so much. I want to cry.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter 7 & 5

message 42: by Aly (new)

Aly I can't say I remember crying for a book yet but I have been sad when they lose characters you love.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I cry more when reading fan fiction though. XD

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

My Sister's Keeper and The Notebook

message 46: by Lilliana (new)

Lilliana Mardeath (simplysignificant) | 2 comments The Death Cure By James Dashner and Harry Potter 4-7 By J.K. Rowling

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I've felt depressed and sad during books, but the first time I sobbed was during Illuminae. Like, dry, ugly sobs. Best. Book. Ever!!

message 48: by Lucianna (new)

Lucianna (lucianna77) | 6 comments Charlotte's Webb does it for all the time

message 49: by Rachel Jude (new)

Rachel Jude -HighLadyOfTheNightCourt- | 5 comments ALLEGIANT!!!!!!!!!!

message 50: by Alessia (new)

Alessia (alessiaex) | 3 comments I cry a lot when I read. I remember cry in the tiger's destiny by Collen Houck, Harry Potter and the deahly Hallows, the playlist of dead by Michelle Falkoff and love letters for the dead by Ava Dellaira. I cry everytime I read them

« previous 1