Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > The Raven King Series

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ren (new)

Ren (lestatsoul) What's so great about this series? Is it because it focuses on the LGBT community? Why do you like it?

message 2: by Elena (new)

Elena Salvatore | 4 comments The characters are great but the story is kind of dull and boring and to be honest, I didn't care at all about it.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments I would say that 'focus' is a strong word.. As someone who is reading this series right now, I can only tell you why I like it, but I will gladly do so! lol

This series caught my interest because it sounded, well.. Interesting. Teenagers searching for a 600 year old king who might still be alive?? Sign me up! The writing is fantastic, the story is gripping, and the characters are so lovable that one can't help but fall a little in love with all of them.

This story has made me laugh, it's made me teary-eyed, it's made me mad, worried.. The list of emotions goes on and on! And yes, one of the characters is gay. Yes, it does come up occasionally because he's one of the main characters, and you see things from his perspective quite often (most of the second book is about him). But that isn't the focus of the story. There's a looooot more to it than that.

Anyway. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it! I'll be moving on to the fourth book tonight (most likely), and I'm dreading the end/being finished with this world! *sad face*

message 4: by Ren (new)

Ren (lestatsoul) Thanks everyone!

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments Lexy wrote: "I feel the exact same way... I love everything about the books!"

Me too!! I cannot put them down, omg.

message 6: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (ravenandthehawk) | 61 comments It's unusual, unique and interesting.
That's all I have to say.

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments The characters! All the characters are so dynamic and you just fall in love with all of them individually and you fall in love with their relationships with/between each other. You just love them and you love the way they love each other.

message 8: by Frida (new)

Frida (leothil) I really wanted to like this series as much as other people seem to do, but I just couldn't get into it. :/ I like the books, but they just didn't impress me that much. The spark isn't there.

message 9: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Natalia wrote: "It's unusual, unique and interesting.
That's all I have to say."

I second this. It's not my favorite series but it is different.

message 10: by Melissa (last edited Dec 24, 2016 06:56PM) (new)

Melissa (aglionby) | 24 comments This is a bit late, but I'm not sure why I love it so much? The characters are so intricate and different than characters of other books. The story is beautifully written, however, really confusing at times (I do read at a quick pace and gloss over details often, so that may contribute to that). Between the production of each book, I forget what happened in the previous novel and the terms used such as "Greywaren" and "Glendower". Nevertheless, the book was an emotional rollercoaster for me and I loved every bit. Plus, Blue isn't an annoying "I'm-So-Independent-And-Special" cliché female character as seen in many feminist novels.

**This paragraph might reveal a spoiler, so read with caution**:
Also, you don't see the characters as gay until the last book, as I recall? Adam is bisexual, right? And, you don't see Ronan as gay until Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I thought he was gonna start dating Orla and I was praying that it wouldn't happen.

Another thing that was enjoyable for me was the fact that each book focused on a different character. The only one I clearly remember is that the second book focused on Ronan. The first one Adam or Noah? Wait, the last one might be Adam.

Only thing I wished more from the book was more Noah!

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash HC (ashwednesdayreads) I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES
All the characters were so developed and the plot was brilliant and 3rhufhjfjj3h2guhghg

message 12: by MixItUp! (new)

MixItUp! Lol XDDD

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (aglionby) | 24 comments Bianca wrote: "I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES
All the characters were so developed and the plot was brilliant and 3rhufhjfjj3h2guhghg"

Your enthusiasm is inspiring, it nearly brought tears in my eyes.

Lol, that was a joke btw, incase you didn't catch it and I end up coming across as creepy haha.

message 14: by meg (new)

meg (excelsiors) | 16 comments the characters are SO well done and complex and likable yet v realistic and the plot is beautiful and complex and while it's magical realism the whole story just seems so realistic