Read for the Win with Alpha Park Library! discussion

New Favorite Author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Rhea | 7 comments One of my new favorite authors is Liane Moriarty. She's an Australian author and has an uncanny way of writing humanity into her characters -- they will seem so real and relatable to you! Check out "What Alice Forgot", "The Husbands Secret", or "Big Little Lies". She also has a new book coming out July 26, 2016 "Truly Madly Guilty". Pick up or place a hold on these titles at the library Information Desk 309-697-3822 x13.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jacobsen-Wood (jenjw4) | 19 comments I liked those books, too. Fast reads and I liked the characters in her books more than I did in "Gone Girl," or "The Girl on the Train."

message 3: by L57 (new)

L57 | 12 comments Jennifer wrote: "I liked those books, too. Fast reads and I liked the characters in her books more than I did in "Gone Girl," or "The Girl on the Train.""

Arg, the main characters in "Gone Girl" were two of the WORST people ever. Luckily, that's the point. They are meant to be awful and 100% deserving of one another.

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 14, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Jennifer Jacobsen-Wood (jenjw4) | 19 comments I really enjoyed the book Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye by Lyndsay Faye. It was clever and I enjoyed her use of language.

I haven't read her other books, but looking on Goodreads, they've had good reviews. Lyndsay Faye

We have this book in hardcover and it's also available on Axis360 via eRead Illinois.

message 5: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Brignall Mason | 27 comments I like Bryan Smith . He's a newer Horror author. His books are really scary. A couple that I have read seem like they could actually happen. Try a Killing Kind. It is not for the weak at heart. He also wrote a sequel to it entitled the Killing Kind 2. It is about a girl who is a serial killer and travels killing people in very gory fashion. The second book is a continuation but adds more like her and they are in a competition type setting. Its a bit like the Purge movies if anyone has seen those.

message 6: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Brignall Mason | 27 comments I also read a book by a new author titled finding Jake. The author is Bryan Reardon. We do have it at the library. Its about a father who stays home with the kids and raises them while his wife works. It goes from birth to teen years and then a tragedy hits and he is trying to see if his son is involved. It was very hard to put down.

message 7: by L57 (new)

L57 | 12 comments L57 wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I liked those books, too. Fast reads and I liked the characters in her books more than I did in "Gone Girl," or "The Girl on the Train.""

Arg, the main characters in "Gone Girl" w..."

YES! "Gone Girl" was executed very well in that the characters were meant to be awful, but they were so terrible it was painful to read.

Read for the Win with Alpha Park Library!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jane Steele (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lyndsay Faye (other topics)