What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci Fi Anthology - Theme was sex in SF context. Only story I remember is where a women has a polymorphic material (black?) on a section of a wall in her house that can be moulded to any form. She used it to form shape(s) she could have sex with.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:51AM) (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Maybe it was sentient? I vaguely remember her conversing with it, becoming addicted/enslaved to it.
I remember little else and no other stories. Read 25?+ years ago (late 80's???). It had lost its cover at the time I read it, which is part of the reason I don't remember it.
It was a long time ago now, and I really enjoyed the anthology, and had hoped to track it down. It wasn't a huge book, relatively small number of stories, 200 pages maybe?

message 3: by Steve (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:50AM) (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Scott wrote: "Maybe Alien Sex: 19 Tales by the Masters of Science Fiction and Dark Fantasy or Off Limits: Tales of Alien Sex?"

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated. They don't ring any bells, possibly not actually quite old enough even, I reckon the anthology could have been from the 80's maybe, and the stories in the book I read weren't specifically about aliens, more of a mix of Sci Fi where sex was the underlying theme. it is so frustrating to not be able to remember more of the stories. I've a feeling it was possibly a kind of 'Arthur C Clarke presents'... kind of title even... damn, I'll have to get my brain scanned lol.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Still looking... :)

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information.

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Time for a bump... but I still can't remember anything else, and further searches have turned up nothing else new. Thanks to anyone who reads this and strains their brain trying to help.

message 7: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Well, its been some months and I've gotten no where looking this up... truly drawing a blank... so this is a final bump. If nothing comes up this time around I'll give it up for a lost cause. Read in the late 1970's or early 1980's, likely to have been published around that time.
I still only vaguely remember it having maybe a dozen or so stories, all themed around love/sex, in a SF context. It's not even that I particularly want to read it again, its just an insatiable scratch that needs itching lol.... just driving me nutty no being able to remember what the anthology was.
Thanks anyway to anyone who takes a look at this.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Steve, don't give up yet. Your request is still relatively young as unsolved requests go. You might have better luck and increase your chances of new members seeing your query if you bump it every 30-60 days.

message 9: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Thanks for the positive words lobstergirl. :)

message 10: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Time for a bump... I still haven't managed to find anything myself :)

message 11: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments Eros in Orbit? Strange Bedfellows?
I found them through the advanced search on worldcat.org for "science fiction" stories sex So if neither is the one, maybe try searching for broader range of years or other variations there.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1508 comments Still looking for this?

message 13: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments The rockabilly werewolf from Mars wrote: "Still looking for this?"

Yes, I am, only to try to preserve my sanity :D
I just really want to remember what it was called etc.
Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been into Goodreads for a while.

message 14: by Steve (new)

Steve Irvine | 9 comments Ayshe wrote: "Eros in Orbit? Strange Bedfellows?
I found them through the advanced search on worldcat.org for "science fiction" stories sex So if neither is the one, maybe try searc..."

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions, I don't recall when i last logged in, and even though i have sine Aug 2018, i've totally missed that there were messages for me, so i apologise for not responding before this!!!!