Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Katie and Evan

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments Hey! I'm super excited for this!

So, I know it's the rules anyway, but I fade to black at the romance stuff, and honestly, I tend to give the romance a miss most of the time anyway, because I feel like it's often forced/contrived and boring. Otherwise, I've got no limits!

So, if you're cool with it, I'd LOVE to do the Lights Out story -I've been wanting to do it for ages! But I'm also happy to do medieval fantasy. Up to you, my friend. =)

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments
That's fine with me!

And doing the Lights Out story totally works for me! I know you wrote a little bit about it already, but did you have anything more in mind for it?

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments So I've done some thinking on it, and from a scientific point of view, I think a possible physical reason that electricity/conduction would stop working is because of a change in the magnetic field, right? Because electrical current runs via magnetic poles, positive to negative, and if those poles were out of whack, then electricity wouldn’t be able to function. Maybe there was some kind of scientific device that disrupts the magnetic field, or maybe absorbs man-made electrical sources, or something…if that's the case, then maybe it becomes our mission (or quest...thing) to try to set things to rights. But maybe initially, there's like a rumor of an area that has power, or at least aid available, and so maybe that's something we can introduce as a potential reason to travel together once they meet up?

I've also been thinking about the people who would crop up to take over in the place of real government and infrastructure - people who would have the self-possession and cop on at the start of the whole mess to hoard resources and manpower and basically take over a given town/area, in a sort of feudal lord way, and could cause problems for people living in or passing through their areas.

I was thinking we should start a few months into the Change, so that, while it's not just the way it's always been, it's also not the initial chaos of trying to figure out what the hell is going on and everyone already kind of gets what's happened, to a degree.

These are all just sort of ideas, so feel free to veto things or add whatever you can think of!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments hey, are you still interested?

message 5: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments
Yeah, I am! Sorry, things have been hectic lately and it's easy for a reply to get lost.

And that all sounds cool to me! I think it would be cool to make the sort of feudal lord thing a major part of this though, since it seems like there would be some really interesting dynamics there.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments I completely agree! it's one of the most fascinating parts of the story, to me!
We could start them out in the same feudal town where they could run into trouble with the local authority or be in the wrong place/wrong time when something is going down?

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments if you want, I can get an intro going here and we can kind of plot as we go?