Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > GMGR IS NOW ON FACEBOOK - YAAAAAYYYYY

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.W. (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:54AM) (new)

S.W. (swlothian) | 844 comments Mod
Ahoy, everyone.

I thought it was about time to expand our reach and give you more ways to catch up on Great Middle Grade Reads. So ... I've created a sparkling new Great Middle Grade Reads Facebook page. The aim is to post highlights of our group discussions and other interesting MG information that I stumble upon from sources other than Goodreads. There is also a Goodreads tab that all our group discussions feed into on the Facebook page.

Jump on over and LIKE the new Facebook page to keep up with our news.

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Middle...

message 2: by Jemima (last edited Jun 08, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Jemima Pett | 1299 comments Mod
YAAYYYY! Indeed :)

Well, done SW!

I wonder if people know we also have a Pinterest board of recommended books. You have to ask SW to add you as a user if you want to add more titles, but if you just want to look at it you can pin it to your own boards.
https://pinterest.com/swlothian/great...

message 3: by S.W. (new)

No problem, Jemima. Please all jump over to the new Facebook page and LIKE.
Also, as Jemima mentioned we have had a Pinterest board for quite a while. If I see any of you follow the board, I'll send an invite so you can add your own suggestions at your leisure. If I don't, just let me know and I'll send an invite.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen Laycock (helenlaycock) | 126 comments Aha! Just found this thread. Marvellous.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Great idea! I'm now following on FB also.

message 6: by M.G. (new)

M.G. Nelson Thanks. I still (even though been a GR member for a long time) haven't found how to navigate Goodreads that well.

message 7: by Jemima (new)

I must admit I don't use the Facebook page, since I have multiple personality disorder on Facebook! So I have no idea how it's going and whether there's a whole world of GMGR going on there that I know nothing about.

Is it working? Is it worthwhile?

message 8: by S.W. (new)

Hi Jemima, I do add things on there that I come across, which may be of interest to page followers.

message 9: by Jemima (new)

S.W. wrote: "Hi Jemima, I do add things on there that I come across, which may be of interest to page followers."

That's good to know - and now I know where to find you, too :D

message 10: by S.W. (new)

Jemima wrote: "S.W. wrote: "Hi Jemima, I do add things on there that I come across, which may be of interest to page followers."

That's good to know - and now I know where to find you, too :D"

LOL ... I've been missing from here, I know. My work with Children's Cancer has been taking so much of my time (including my writing time). I can feel a rebalance is soon needed. Thanks for keeping the wheels turning. You're a ⭐️

message 11: by Jemima (new)

A question for everyone.

Do you use the Facebook page?

If so, what do you like about it.

As SW is giving up his moderator duties, we need someone to take on the role of admin for the page. You would also be a Moderator for the Group as well. Please contact Rebecca or myself if you would like to volunteer.

Leaving comments below about the value of the page to you will not land you with the job unless you want it!

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1668 comments Mod
Just wanted to bump this back up the list for visibility :)

message 13: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 300 comments I have never used it personally.

message 14: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 173 comments I enjoy seeing the occasional post on the FB page pop up in my news feed. I think I've posted there once, but can't remember for sure.

message 15: by Mark (new)

Mark Buxton (buxtonm) | 10 comments Just checked it out. Thanks for the additional resource for middle grade reading.

message 16: by Jemima (new)

We're not being overwhelmed with support for the Facebook page.

That suggests nobody would miss it if we closed it.

message 17: by Jemima (new)

I've just checked the group out: no posts since Feb 18. Although I must admit I've not seen this joke before:

What does a Thesaurus eat for Breakfast?
A synonym roll....

Then again, I look at the 'Community' section and see people have posted things in the last month - but mostly authors promoting their books. Do we just leave it to sink or swim?

message 18: by Harley (new)

Harley Bennett | 90 comments Jemima wrote: "I've just checked the group out: no posts since Feb 18. Although I must admit I've not seen this joke before:

What does a Thesaurus eat for Breakfast?
A synonym roll....

Then again, I look at the..."

Swim.

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1668 comments Mod
I can't say I'm tracking the FB page. I find it weird to have a FB page for an on-line forum...

message 20: by Jemima (new)

I agree with Harley. We let it swim. No reason not to :)

message 21: by S.W. (new)

Ahoy everyone,

I bet not many of you remember me ... but I've returned from the abyss and will be resuscitating the GMGR Facebook page again.

I'm hoping it will give you all another way to keep up with the MG world. My plan is to post things that I find that are MG related, along with links to some of the discussions on here.

Hopefully it will be useful for existing Goodreads GMGR members and bring some new ones from Facebook.

Just so we have something to measure, our Facebook page score as at today is 121 Likes and 132 Follows. We'll see how we go at increasing it.

If you want to drop over to add to the total, here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/GreatMiddleG...

message 22: by Jemima (new)

S.W. wrote: "Ahoy everyone,

I bet not many of you remember me ... but I've returned from the abyss and will be resuscitating the GMGR Facebook page again.

I'm hoping it will give you all another way to keep ..."

lol you beat me to it. That's what comes of being 11 hours ahead of me :)

Welcome back, SW, even though you'll mainly be on Facebook!