Play Book Tag discussion

Matched (Matched, #1)
This topic is about Matched
June, 2016: Fantasy > Matched by Ally Condie - 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 2 stars

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 822 comments Cassia has always trusted the Society who micromanage the lives of everyone who lives in it. She has no doubts when the Society tells her that the perfect person for her to marry is her childhood best friend... that is until a glitch in the perfect system shows her another face

If you want something new and original, don't read this book. However, if you don't mind the general dystopian formula then this book is a fairly good read. I enjoyed the way it was carried out and I found the Society fascinating.

I listened to the audio version from Audible and the narrator did a very good job. I thought her voice was well suited to the main character and listening to her was easy and enjoyable. However, I did not like that they added music to the recording towards the end. I felt like they were trying to further manipulate the book to make me feel uneasy. I did feel uneasy but I would have preferred to have felt that way without the mood music.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3775 comments I enjoyed this series and the 'world' it was in. Typical YA dystopian, jumping on the Hunger Games hype.

Definitely liked this one more than the 2nd or 3rd in the trilogy though.

Karin | 6888 comments This is the best one of this trilogy, sadly. Each one following was progressively "less good." That said, if you like to read the stories through to get to what happens, none are abysmal.

A much better y/a trilogy, in my opinion, starts with Across the Universe; all three books are about equally good, as well.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1264 comments I loved Matched. I thought Crossed was good, too, but not as good as Matched. I loved Reached, though. I thought it was a very interesting and realistic way to end the story. I'm sad not as many people liked it (or read it because they didn't like Crossed).

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 195 comments I think I did audio for the second book and it made it too whiny for me. I don't mind teenage dystopia but literally hearing it out loud was too much for me.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments I read this as well but it was just not intriguing enough to push me to read the second or third books.