McCracken County Public Library discussion

What are you reading? > Whatcha reading in May??

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments I just finished The Divorce Papers and it was fabulous- I gave it a 5 star review. I loved the way it was written and how fully realized the characters were..even if we only knew them through emails/memos/letters, etc. I recommend it. I'm currently trying to read four books at once because I can't bear to put any of them aside. I'm most intrigued by a memoir from Judy Greer called "I Don't Know What You Know Me From" about her career as the best friend/sidekick in a whole host of movies. In fact, I'm heading to lunch now to read more!

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments I'm reading a bio too. this is your captain speaking by Gavin macloud

message 3: by Murray (new)

Murray Moore | 5 comments I'm reading the spy who came in from the cold and where the red fern grows

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments I was a wee bit disappointed in the Judy Greer book as I was wanting to get some stories about how her career took off, but there weren't many of those. It was laugh out loud funny in some spots though. I also finished B. J. Novak's book of short stories, One More Thing, and that book was amazing. So funny, so thought provoking..I highly suggest that as well. I've finished all but one of the books I was reading on Thursday..now I should probably talk to some humans or something-lol.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 22 comments Mod
I have heard great things from several places about the BJ Novak book. I loved him on The Office but am not a short story fan. May have to give a try anyway. I wonder if we have the audio? That could be fun. I just finished and wrote a gushing review of The Storied Life of AJ Fikry. It's moving, sweet and smart, and could not be more delightful.

I've got a huge stack of new stuff checked out right now. Well hello there, upcoming three day weekend :)

message 6: by Debbie (last edited May 14, 2014 06:23AM) (new)

Debbie (dmsneddon) | 4 comments Just finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Starting John Green's An Abundance of Katherines if I can find where I put the darned book, if I can't will start The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments I just finished heaven is for real by Todd Burpo. I recommend you try it if you. it is quite interesting. I am about to start an Abundance of Katherine's by John Green. has anyone read that?

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments I've heard a bit lately about the "abundance" book but haven't read it.. report back on it please..interested to know what folks think about it.

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments will do. I'm halfway finished now. I like it but it's a bit different than john's others. it has math! no solving involved though.

Mccracken County Public Library (mclib) | 27 comments Mod
Speaking of John Green...Did y'all know we're having a giveaway of his book "The Fault in Our Stars"?

All you have to do is fill out a little entry slip at either circulation desk (and check out a book when you do so).

We have 3 copies to give away and the winners will be notified on June 9th.

message 11: by Michelle "Champ" (new)

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments great book! great contest.

I've finished his book and moved on to "is everybody hanging out without me" by Mindy Kaling

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Anderson | 66 comments I LOVED Mindy's book. Hope you enjoy it!

I just finished "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty. It was absolutely enchanting. It also made me wonder what it would be like to essentially lose the last 10 years of my life.. it's something to ponder.

message 13: by Michelle "Champ" (new)

Michelle "Champ" (michellechampion) | 72 comments i loved her book. it was hard to put down and laugh out loud funny