Captivating Chapters Book Club discussion

Important! > Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makayla (last edited Jun 07, 2016 09:33PM) (new)

Makayla | 33 comments Mod
Introduce yourselves to your fellow book club members in this thread!
- - - - - - - -
Hey guys! My name is Makayla, one of your moderators, and I'm gonna tell you a little bit about myself before we get started. I am sixteen years old, and I am very passionate about reading. I love being a part of the book community, and I am very excited to start this book club with you all! Feel free to interact with me on my social media sites listed below..

Twitter: @makaylareads
Reading Sprints Twitter: @reading_sprints
Snapchat: @makaylareads

message 2: by Desmondella (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) Hey, guys! :D

My name is Carrisa but you can call me Carrie! I'm your second moderator and would love to introduce myself to you! I'm super excited to be moderating this group with the lovely Makayla and I'm so grateful that she asked me to be a mod!

I'm 21 years old and I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. I had a childhood that was not so great (please, no sympathy. My life is a lot better now haha :)) and because of that I would read to escape to different worlds and become friends with different characters.

My love of reading died down the slightest bit for a few years but now I read constantly and I can't believe I ever stopped! I love it so much again!

I'd love to interact with you all on social media if you would like to!

My Twitter is @bookieobsessed

My YouTube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9t5...?

and

My Snapchat is @glorioustomes

You can add me as a friend on Goodreads also and if you want to get to know me a bit better or even just talk to me, don't hesitate to send me a message!

I'm also always here if you're going through a hard time. :3

Bai!

message 3: by Maggie (last edited Jun 12, 2016 03:38PM) (new)

Maggie hiii, my name is Maggie. I'm a sixteen years old Canadian girl that absolutely loves reading since I was a kid. It's only recently though, that I find out about the Booktube community and the bookclubs thingy. Before that I would interact on Wattpad :p Really nice website, which I still love. Anyways, I'm really happy to finally have found a bookclub that interests me. You all seem to be amazing people! My favorite genres of books are usually, YA, Fantasy, Sci-fi and paranormal even though I read pretty much everything in Fiction.
So yaa! I'm so excited for this, this is my first real bookclub and I'm looking forward to it :3
thaaaaanks

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! I'm Leah I'm 17 and a very passionate reader! I suffer from dyslexia and my reading is the step towards helping my learning difficulty!! I enjoy alone time and reading, and my friends here (Northern Ireland) don't read!! So I would LOVE the enjoyment of talking it out with you guys!
X

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Fan (emeraldaphoenix) | 5 comments I'm Anna and I'm 16. I love reading and I was very shy. My parents hardly ever read to me so I didn't like books that much. My third grade teacher helped me grow my love of reading using The Tale of Despereaux and the Adventures of Edward Tulane. My twitter is @mystery2217 if you want to be friends. I love watching some crime shows.

message 6: by Polly (new)

Polly (pollydarling) | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name is Areli, 19 years old, from the Philippines. I'm studying in a state university and I'm taking up Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Preschool Education.
Aside from reading, I also love music, photography, and writing. I am a student journalist since I was in Grade 4.
Bookworm since 2009

message 7: by Desmondella (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) I'm so excited to be meeting you all! You all seem like very interesting and sweet people and I can't wait to start reading and discussing with you guys!

- Carrie :3

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana (harlyharpy) | 1 comments Lovely to meet you all; I hope you're well.

My name is Dana, I've just turned 20. I quite enjoy reading, as is reflected by my job in a bookshop. I'll never say no to a discussion over books. Happy to be part of the gang.

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie hey, just curious. When is the date we start the book? Just because I don't want to plan another book sometimes and then so it can just get in the way of this bookclub :p

message 10: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 33 comments Mod
We're starting the first book on July 1st and will read it until the end of the month, so you should have plenty of time. The first book will be Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. :) Also, we have a readathon for the book club that will be happening on Twitter. It's @CCReadathon.

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie amazing, can't wait to check both the book and the readathon thanks for letting mw know! n-n

message 12: by Julia (last edited Jun 19, 2016 02:50PM) (new)

Julia | 2 comments Hi I'm Julia, 18 years old, I found the twitter readathon account and then came here :) Reading is life :D I'm a very slow reader but I try to read as much as possible!

message 13: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Struck (struck_chris) | 7 comments Hi everyone, my name is Chris, I'm living in NYC and reading every second I can get. I just joined goodreads a couple weeks ago to meet other people who read and am excited to pick up Sharp Objects. Look forward to reading with you!

message 14: by Kendra (new)

Kendra maidment (kendra_maidment) | 5 comments Hey, my name is Kendra and I am a fifteen year old Canadian girl. I love reading and my blog is featuring books, readingovertime.blogspot.com.