Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Jun 2016: Flesh > VOTE NOW for the July 2016 Alt Pick

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Jun 19, 2016 07:58PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
UPDATE:The poll is now open.

Make your suggestions for July's Alt pick here to be included in the poll. Remember that the Vaginal Fantasy Book Club focuses on female-centric romantic fiction, usually with historical, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, or supernatural elements.

Also, for more great VF reads, check out the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy forum thread and Listopia and the LGBT* Vaginal Fantasy listopia.

The Vaginal Fantasy Alt Poll FAQ

How do I vote?
If you see a book you like in the list, just click on it and you're done.

Can I add a book?
The Vaginal Fantasy Alt Polls allow write-in votes. Type the name of the book and the author in the space provided at the bottom of the poll. We'll reformat it so the book appears in the quick access list below the poll.

What happens if I add a book that's already on the list?
Your vote will be deleted. Sorry, but we've had issues with duplicate entries making a mess of polls before. If you're lucky and it's the last book to be written-in, then we can delete the entry and you can recast your vote. Otherwise, you will lose your vote. This is because of the way Goodreads user interface works and is beyond our control.

Can I change my vote?
Yes. You can change your vote at any time before the poll closes. Click the link at the bottom.

How many is too many?
The more books on the poll, the more the vote is split. Something between four to six is a good number. Ten is probably the max. If you see a lot of books, try supporting one of them instead of splitting the vote further. You can add your book next time.

When should I add a book?
The sooner the better. The longer your book is up, the more time people have to vote for it. Most suggestions in this thread will be added when the poll is made. Write-ins that are added in the last few days before the hangout will not get many votes.

How long do I have to vote?
Voting starts about two weeks prior to the hangout. As of now, voting will end a few hours before Hangout, despite what it may say on the poll itself. Vote early to make sure your vote counts.

What happens if there's a tie?
Veronica has decreed that there will be no more ties. Honestly, I wait until the end to cast my vote. If there is a tie, I will break it.

Where is this poll of which you speak?
Follow the link in this thread, or select "polls" on the Home page sidebar. You can also find the current poll embedded way down at the bottom of the Home page.

Also, please see this one-time-only poll about how the alt polls are being formatted. We'd appreciate you feedback. https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 2: by Linnea (last edited Jun 19, 2016 07:14PM) (new)

Linnea (robotmaria) | 81 comments Do we have a theme for July or can we suggest anything?

If it's the latter then I would like to suggest we read something by Linda Mooney, because I've been wanting to try out something by her for a while now. For example Your Heart My Home.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (tamnsin) | 7 comments I have been hoping to read this A Court of Thorns and Roses.

message 4: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments Elegantly Wasted - it's an assassin story instead of SFF, but it was a lot of fun.

message 5: by MadJennyRead (new)

MadJennyRead Tales of the Djinn: The Guardian by Emma Holly. Alternate dimensions & djinn & murder & dark magic.

message 6: by Alicia (last edited Jun 13, 2016 04:48PM) (new)

Alicia (jadewolf) | 57 comments Golden Witchbreed
by Mary Gentle

Been meaning to get this one read for awhile. Looks fascinating.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica ML (pixiesticks717) | 11 comments Jade Green

It's a ghost story.

Check out this book on Goodreads: Jade Green http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Short read. No sex, but a cute relationship story. it's YA and is one of those I can always reread in one sitting.

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valkyrieandherbooks) | 14 comments Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper. It's only 96 pages, inexpensive, and the main character it a serious bad ass!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris (kristinacanales) | 50 comments I got curious about Prophecy so I'm going to suggest that :)

message 10: by Carly (new)

Carly Crusade | 51 comments I recently discovered a fun series on kindle, they are a series of short stories. Very short and very fun! Also the first two are free on Amazon Kindle. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 11: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Jun 19, 2016 08:42PM) (new)

I was just making the poll and I noticed that a couple of the titles were either very short works or had very few ratings on Goodreads. I don't think it's unreasonable to draw a line somewhere, otherwise the poll risks being swamped with fan fiction and poor quality erotica. (Not that there's anything wrong with either of those - it's a matter of not being the right time and place.)

I don't want to exclude short or self-published fiction altogether, but establishing a standard is a reasonable compromise. Going forward I am not going to include any book with fewer than 100 pages or 100 ratings on Goodreads when I make the poll. If you feel very strongly about a particular title, you can write it in after. This rule won't apply to popular works , especially if the author was previously read by the group.

You can share your recommendations for short fiction here.

message 12: by Linnea (new)

Linnea (robotmaria) | 81 comments Sean wrote: "I was just making the poll and I noticed that a couple of the titles were either very short works or had very few ratings on Goodreads. I don't think it's unreasonable to draw a line somewhere, oth..."

Dangit! Oh well, I guess I'll just pick another Linda Mooney book then. Would The Battle Lord's Lady work?

message 13: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Linnea wrote: Dangit! Oh well, I guess I'll just pick another Linda Mooney book then. Would The Battle Lord's Lady work? "

Yes, I can add that one.

message 14: by Sean Lookielook (new)

The poll is now open.

You can vote on what's there or write in your own. Please note that the poll will close at NOON July 5th instead of running until the hangout. Please see the FAQ if you have questions.