Audiobooks discussion

Ask Audible > Deleting an audible book

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 8 comments Can I delete an audible book? As in remove it from the cloud? I got a free book through something or other and its awful. I'd give it zero stars if I could. The book is no longer on my phone, but I hate seeing the picture of it with the download arrow. I know I can perminately delete kindle books. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 126 comments I think customer service can do that.

I usually just mark unwanted books as finished, then filter to hide finished books.

Though that only helps on the app, not on the full website.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments If you received it within the last year, you should be able to get rid of it. There's a link right under your "library" tab that says "Didn't like the last book you listened to? You can return it."

message 4: by skinmaan (new)

skinmaan | 17 comments If you're REALLY certain you just want to delete the book, you can do it through your Amazon account. While at Amazon go to "Manage your content and devices." From there you can filter to Audible audiobooks and delete what you want. I use it to get rid of free first chapters and excerpts when I am finished with them.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 8 comments Thank you skinmann! The book was free and even if it wasn't, I hated it and won't listen to it again. And now it's gone forever. :)

message 6: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 126 comments I agree, thanks skinmaan!
I tried once years ago to delete an audible book from that page and it didn't give me the option, so I've never tried again.

message 7: by CatBookMom (new)

CatBookMom | 1082 comments skinmaan wrote: "If you're REALLY certain you just want to delete the book, you can do it through your Amazon account. While at Amazon go to "Manage your content and devices." From there you can filter to Audible a..."

Oh, thank you! It seems to have worked - got rid of all those free first chapters.

message 8: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 409 comments Great, going to try this.
Strange you have to go to amazon to rule your content on audible, but if this works I'm happy.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments I need to get rid of tons of NY Times Audio but I can only select ten at a time. However, when I go to delete them it only deletes one of them. Does anyone know how to delete all ten at the same time?

message 10: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3678 comments Specs wrote: "Great, going to try this.
Strange you have to go to amazon to rule your content on audible, but if this works I'm happy."

The app and Kindle devices themselves sync with Amazon info, not Audible's library.

As for batch deleting, no - one at a time.

message 11: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 233 comments You have to call Audible.com CUSTOMER SERVICE. If the book is new enough you get your money back. If you have had it a while you get a CREDIT.

message 12: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 126 comments Mara wrote: "You have to call Audible.com CUSTOMER SERVICE. If the book is new enough you get your money back. If you have had it a while you get a CREDIT."

We're mostly speaking of free books in this instance.
There's no money or credits involved, so no point to calling customer service for a return/exchange/refund.

message 13: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 233 comments Then I don't know.

message 14: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3678 comments I believe that only Audible reps can remove an item from your Audible library itself. Removing the item via Amazon stops it from appearing on (syncing to) phones, tablets and Kindle e-readers.

message 15: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 409 comments John wrote: "As for batch deleting, no - one at a time.
"

No, I deleted 3 at a time. Don't know about ten though, I only had 4 free books I wanted to get rid of.

message 16: by CatBookMom (last edited Jun 19, 2016 01:44PM) (new)

CatBookMom | 1082 comments John wrote: "I believe that only Audible reps can remove an item from your Audible library itself. Removing the item via Amazon stops it from appearing on (syncing to) phones, tablets and Kindle e-readers."

Durn it, you're right. Most of those free first chapters are still there in My Library.