RDG 6319 Foundations of Reading, Summer 2016 discussion

Dear Mr. Henshaw

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nickole (new)

Nickole Castillo | 39 comments I really liked how easy this book was to read! I really enjoyed the dialogue between Mr. Henshaw and Leigh. At first I thought Mr. Henshaw was a little rude but I decided that he was just a little different but nice. I like how committed Leigh was when writing Mr. Henshaw, I don't know that I would continue to bug Mr. Henshaw if I didn't get a response back. I think this is a good book to show dedication and commitment to something you like to do. I think it would be great for my students to write an author and ask them questions. I've heard that you can even Skype with some authors! I think my students would love this!! :) I will definitely add this book to my classroom library.

-Nickole Castillo

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Weaver | 39 comments I remember reading this book in elementary school. I think this would be a great book to use to encourage students to read and to write. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, and he credits being an avid reader as an important contributing factor to his success as a writer. I think that was what Mr. Henshaw was trying to teacher Leigh Botts (boy). :)

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Weaver | 39 comments Nickole wrote: "I really liked how easy this book was to read! I really enjoyed the dialogue between Mr. Henshaw and Leigh. At first I thought Mr. Henshaw was a little rude but I decided that he was just a little ..."

Being able to Skype with an author would be such a great experience for a classroom of students!

message 4: by Nickole (new)

Nickole Castillo | 39 comments Kimberly wrote: "I remember reading this book in elementary school. I think this would be a great book to use to encourage students to read and to write. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, and he credit..."

I don't think I ever had to read this in elementary school, but it definitely would be something that I can have for my students to read.