YOUNG ADULT BOOKWORMS ツ discussion

Looking for Alaska
This topic is about Looking for Alaska
Stand Alones > Looking for Alaska

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sikhandi, Founder (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sikhandi Thiagarajah | 491 comments Mod
Well im currently reading it so I can't really judge it till i'm done but so far it has been interesting.. I just want to read more! What did you guys think? John green did start with this..

Farah (bookworm-87) One of my favourite books. <3

Hannah | 5 comments john green is by best friend now. he is such a great writer and this was his second best book (besides TFIOS). but does he HAVE to have a character die in every book like sersially

Emma | 421 comments Is this book good??? I would like go read it but my friend says I shouldn't because she says it's really innapropriate

message 5: by Sikhandi, Founder (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sikhandi Thiagarajah | 491 comments Mod
It isnt inappropriate at all . Its pg 13 i guess .. Its not over the top amazing but i liked it .. You should try it out .

Emma | 421 comments Alright. I will

Sanjna (frost45) | 89 comments While this is not my favourite John Green book, it's still pretty great...

Emma | 421 comments I want to read this book so much!!!!!

message 9: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie | 75 comments Is this book going to become a movie or is paper towns?

message 10: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma | 421 comments I want to read this

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Me to I got it but I'm currently reading fangirl so I'm going to read it when I finish fangirl

message 12: by America (new)

America | 15 comments Is this book good?

Sanjna (frost45) | 89 comments Its very quotable. But, I didn't like it as much as TFIOS

message 14: by Shy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shy (shyanner) | 6 comments Emma wrote: "I want to read this book so much!!!!!"
Looking for Alaska is going to become a movie.

message 15: by Shy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shy (shyanner) | 6 comments Cristina wrote: "Me to I got it but I'm currently reading fangirl so I'm going to read it when I finish fangirl"

It was okay.

message 16: by Shy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shy (shyanner) | 6 comments Emma wrote: "I want to read this"

I love Fangirl!!

message 17: by Shy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shy (shyanner) | 6 comments Sanjna wrote: "While this is not my favourite John Green book, it's still pretty great..."

I haven't read the Fault of Our Stars yet. I'm excited too

message 18: by America (new)

America | 15 comments Its SO good!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't really like the story line of this... It lost me pretty early on

Natasha (natashaforrest) plot wise: to be honest i found it kind of predictable. (no spoilers) but i felt like i knew it was going to happen. I was kind of slightly disappointed and half the book was anti-climax. idk.
Language wise: i loved the dialogue and i loved the language used and all the poetic references. Also designing character: 5/5. Alaska was a really believable character and i felt captivated by her every move just as the narrator.

I think i preferred it to TFIOS bur i was slightly disappointed in the plot

message 21: by Tyra (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tyra (iamnumbersix) | 4 comments Not my fav. book

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma | 421 comments Id like to read this...but I'm currently reading if I stay by gayle Forman

Anastasia ^^ (cityofmultiplefandoms) well i really liked this book... i read TFIOS and the first book i saw written by john green i bought it without hesitation... alaska was my favorite character intelligent, reading books and payful... i cried a lot when "the bad thing" happened... i am trying not to spoil the end... anyway i think that the story was quite good but okay it wasn't something sooo spectacular and i was disappointed about that... i think the type of John's Green writing is what makes the book so brilliant (john green is also my favorite writter and maybe that affected me)... and i read his books just because they are so well-written with great quotes and messages... of course LFA has nothing to do with TFIOS beacause lets face it TFIOS has also a great story very touching and amazing... anyway LFA has great quotes too and sometimes it made me laugh and cry too... i also read somewhere that john green's best and worst thing that happened to him in high school.He said that he attended a boarding school in Alabama, and the best thing that happened to him was finding friends who cared for him and also valued intellectual engagement and the worst thing that happened was the death of a classmate. although he wasn't like miles. His perspective was like one of those who didn't know her however her death stigmatized him. so anyway i recommend this book and all the others books which john green had written to everyone because they make you wander around in a confused stupor for a week and question your entire existence and every decision you have made and make you realize a few things...

shona | 4 comments I really love this book I have only read tfios and this but I have paper towns in my tbr
I recommend this for a funny yet sad read

Maire | 6 comments One of my favourite books ever. I've leant it to my friend and I miss it so much. Why.....

Roxanna (roxytf) | 4 comments My favorite book, I love Alaska so much

message 27: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Johnson This is my absolute favorite JG book. I haven't read all his books yet so maybe I'm in for a surprise. This book had me heart broke from the midway till the end. I laughed,cried, & got angry so many times. It was a roller coaster. Not to mention the book hang over it gave! Great book IMO

Talia (talia_kennedy_) It's okay... but I wasn't wowed by it. I much prefer Tfios

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I love John Green, and Looking For Alaska wasn't as inmature as my friend said. Sad, but very realistic.