Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Flesh (Flesh, #1)
This topic is about Flesh
Jun 2016: Flesh > Post questions for our JULY 5th HANGOUT HERE!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
This is our book for June: Bonnie's pick! Warning it's a 3-way erotica book so be prepared to get some felicia-blushometer stuff going with this pick! Or just read the alt, haha.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 916 comments Mod
Here's the hangout link for Flesh .

message 3: by tace (last edited Jun 12, 2016 10:50AM) (new)

tace | 36 comments What would you learn or collect if you knew the zombie apocalypse was coming? Besides the obvious: guns, food, and toilet paper

message 4: by Beth (last edited Jun 12, 2016 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Beth P So, we all know what Finn got for his birthday. What's your post-apocalypse birthday wish?

message 5: by rhammpy (new)

rhammpy | 13 comments Your SO gets bit by the zombie hordes...shoot them or try to domesticate the new zombie??

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Marae Ali frequently described her heart as 'rabbity.' What kind of heart do you have?

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 916 comments Mod
Ladies, at what point in the zombie apocalypse do you stop shaving your legs?

Mermaid Kris (themermaidkris) Having kids in post apocalyptic world. Yes or no?

message 9: by Raigne (new)

Raigne | 2 comments How long do you think you would actually survive in a zombie apocalypse? (day one ravening zombie for me, I think...)

message 10: by E.M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.M. Summers (summersevereads) | 17 comments Social boundaries have been broken down in this new apocalyptic world. What would you be desperate to do/try without the restraints of societal norms?

Jennifer | 6 comments who else would want to try to train one of the supersized feral/infected dogs and keep them as the ultimate zombie (or cave man) deterrent?

message 12: by Gina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (curlsncake) | 24 comments What would your job be in the tiny post apocalypse town? And what would be your weapon of choice?

message 13: by Jordan (last edited Jul 02, 2016 03:45PM) (new) - added it

Jordan (jordan_lusink) There seems to be more discussion on this topic than with some other books, but I've seen it talked about before on the forums, so I'm wondering: how do you feel about the idea that any piece of fiction is "just a book"? I personally am conflicted. I think that people don't take their cues from fiction necessarily, but I also think there's something to be said for racist/misogynist/rape culture being perpetuated in fiction, and a general desire to be more aware of that. (Note: Before anybody attacks me for saying that, I'm not saying that's necessarily true for this book!) While I think that some pieces of fiction are just meant to be more like popcorn, does that mean we absolutely shouldn't think critically about their content, and ONLY see them as fun?

Anyway, it's not directly related to the book, but I am curious as to what y'all think on that particular topic.

message 14: by Sarah (last edited Jul 02, 2016 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah Daniel winks a lot. Were we supposed to read into the wink he gave Finn during the "birthday party"?

message 15: by Matthew (last edited Jul 05, 2016 03:19PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Matthew Kitson | 68 comments Have you ever been in a sort of third wheel scenario? And do you think its possible to truly love multiple people equally?

Laura (theloudlady) | 180 comments Is there a Post-Apocalypse book out there where females are not a commodity?

A lot of great questions here. I like Beth, Evelyn, Jennifer & Gina's.

message 17: by Ian (new)

Ian (rocketsoup) | 6 comments Who would be the more ideal biological father, assuming they're able to figure out who it is? Who would handle being the third wheel best/worst? Do you think the three-way relationship will survive the power structure of one man being the father and the other not?

Also, it seems like hand sanitizer is a commodity that would be extremely valuable in a world with scarce bathing water and frequent encounters with infectious zombie splatter, though they never mention the stuff in the story. What other overlooked items that aren't mentioned in the book do you think would become super useful in the zombie apocalypse?

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Marae How different would the book be if the cast was genderbent? Would it be a better book?

message 19: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 21 comments During the hangout, Felicia mentions wanting to read a similar book, but with smarter characters. Might I recommend Aftertime by Sophie Littlefield, which follows a woman looking for her daughter in a zombie-ish apocalypse. Book 1 of a trilogy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Aftertime (other topics)
Flesh (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sophie Littlefield (other topics)