Victorians! discussion

Quirky Questions > QQ - suggestions for questions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pip (new)

Pip | 817 comments Apologies if I'm being a bit forward, but I thought it might be interesting - and maybe helpful to the mods - if members could suggest questions for discussion.

For example, Lily, Linda and I have just completed (with the exception at the time of writing of Z) a complete A-Z of Victorian characters using animals only (see the latter pages here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...). So maybe... Who are your favourite animals in Victorian lit? There you go: a freebie for when Lady Inspiration is having a bad week x

Otherwise, very much enjoying the questions - they keep the group alive and interesting at times when I'm not able to participate in the group read!

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 923 comments Pip wrote: "Apologies if I'm being a bit forward, but I thought it might be interesting - and maybe helpful to the mods - if members could suggest questions for discussion.

For example, Lily, Linda and I have..."

Great idea Pip. Please post questions you'd like to see.

message 3: by Renee, Moderator (new)

Renee M | 1859 comments Mod
A pool of questions is a terrific idea! I'd love to see what members are curious about!

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily (joy1) | 1290 comments I suggested one elsewhere along the lines of what are the criteria you use to assign star rankings to the books you read? Or, simply, how do you assign star rankings? Or what do your star rankings mean? Or do you use star rankings and if so, why? Or a variant of the previous....

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 923 comments Lily wrote: "I suggested one elsewhere along the lines of what are the criteria you use to assign star rankings to the books you read? Or, simply, how do you assign star rankings? Or what do your star rankings ..."

Thanks Lily. That's a good one.

message 6: by Everyman (new)

Everyman | 2531 comments A possible question is, what book or books have you reread the most times?

message 7: by Pip (new)

Pip | 817 comments An article which could serve as a springboard to discussion:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/bo...

message 8: by Everyman (new)

Everyman | 2531 comments You asked about favorite opening lines.

What about asking sometime about favorite closing lines?

message 9: by LindaH (new)

LindaH | 499 comments Pip wrote: "Apologies if I'm being a bit forward, but I thought it might be interesting - and maybe helpful to the mods - if members could suggest questions for discussion.

For example, Lily, Linda and I have..."

I missed this thread ten months ago but it popped up on my list of new comments today. I think you, Lily and I were the motor that kept the Victorian Alphabet going for what, four rounds. It was so much fun. The thing about the alphabet or any organizing principle, s that it makes repeat visits addictive. I liked checking in everyday just to see if someone kept it going.

I'm hooked when there's a structure. How about filling in a map Victorian England?

message 10: by LindaH (new)

LindaH | 499 comments Pip wrote: "An article which could serve as a springboard to discussion:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/bo..."

Did this very depressing topic ..the end of physical books...lead to a discussion?