Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Heldig ung dame
This topic is about Heldig ung dame
Book Cover Help > Replace book cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments I found a less cropped image on this page: http://www.damsleth.info/bokomslag/as...

message 2: by Lily S. (last edited Jun 07, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Lily S.  | 7 comments I changed the cover of the book to the one you provided.

message 3: by Lily S. (new)

Lily S.  | 7 comments If you have an ISBN number or a description I can add those as well, I couldn't find either on the web.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Lilys wrote: "I changed the cover of the book to the one you provided."

Undone. That does not look like a site we can use for book covers or other book data. Please see: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

An edition published in 1940 will not have an ISBN.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Halvor, see also the copyright notice on the home page:

"Verkene på dette nettstedet er beskyttet iht. Lov om opphavsrett til åndsverk av 1961. Utover privat bruk er gjengivelse/reproduksjon av verkene i analog eller digital form ikke tillatt uten etter avtale med rettighetshaver v/BONO. Dersom du ønsker å reprodusere verkene, kontakt BONO (Billedkunst Opphavsrett i Norge) for å klarere rettigheter."

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments OK, but am I to understand that using a scan of the book cover is always allowable? And that the copyright depends on where the image is taken from, even though it ostensibly is the same image?

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13557 comments Halvor wrote: "OK, but am I to understand that using a scan of the book cover is always allowable? And that the copyright depends on where the image is taken from, even though it ostensibly is the same image?"

A scan made by the Goodreads member who has the book in their possession is allowed.

And yes, copyright depends on the source.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments OK, got it!