#AYEARATHON discussion

June 2016 - LGBTQQIAAP+ > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 3 & 4

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1998 comments Mod
How goes your reading guys? Is everything going as planned?

message 2: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments Day 3: I'am 32% in Learning How to Lose, in Six Easy Steps. Step One Tetris / Step Two Fun and Games by Alex Gabriel

Jacquie (Rattle the Stars) | 5 comments Here's my progress for Days 2 & 3: https://rattlethestarssite.wordpress....

message 4: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Lenarczyk (kristinalovee) | 366 comments Mod
Ashly wrote: "Day 3: I'am 32% in Learning How to Lose, in Six Easy Steps. Step One Tetris / Step Two Fun and Games by Alex Gabriel"

How are you liking it so far?

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Jacquie (Rattle the Stars) wrote: "Here's my progress for Days 2 & 3: https://rattlethestarssite.wordpress...."

Nice! I'm glad to see that you're reading is picking up again! I hope the rest of the week works out as well for you! Happy reading!

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Happy Day 3! I have only finished one novel so far, that being Every Day by David Levithan. Tonight (after the NBA game) I will be picking up the companion, and hoping to finish it tomorrow.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm about 20% done Beauty Queens its really good super funny.

So I have finished None of the Above and am doing ok on my second book. I'm happy with my progress. :D

message 8: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1998 comments Mod
Day one I Finished up Prince of Fools (The Red Queen's War, #1) by Mark Lawrence (155Pages)
Day two: Zero pages read
Day Three: I read Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green (398)

Day 3 Page Count:

message 9: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Day 3: no further ahead with Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan
but started Transition The Story of How I Became a Man by Chaz Bono (30 pages)

Total pages read: 182 pages
Total books read: 1 (Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin

message 10: by NomNom (new)

NomNom (mindofshadows) | 17 comments Day 3 (Day 5 since I started 2 days early) wasn't very productive.

I read 47 pages of Griekse en Romeinse mythen en sagen (Greek and Roman myths and legends)

This means my page count of the day was 47 pages.

My total page count is currently 508. Hopefully the next day will be more productive :)

message 11: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Day 3:
Finished reading: Simon vs. the Homo sapiens agenda.
Reading: Two Boys Kissing
Read: 161 pages
Total: 311 pages

message 12: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith Day 3 + 4 collectively has been:

288 pages of Grasshopper Jungle.

128 pages of Rat Queens Vol 1: Sass & Sorcery

Total pages: 879

EURGH. I hated grasshopper jungle by the end, I had to force myself through it. I was so disappointed by the handling of the LGBT elements too (grumble grumble). Rat Queens has been magic though and I'm hyped to start Every Day tonight/tomorrow ASAP.

message 13: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Day 4 I left my house for work at 8:15 and got back home at about 10:30pm so no reading for me today. I did listen to 48 mins of a non-LGBT related audiobook on one way of my drive.

message 14: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments Kristina wrote: "Ashly wrote: "Day 3: I'am 32% in Learning How to Lose, in Six Easy Steps. Step One Tetris / Step Two Fun and Games by Alex Gabriel"

How are you liking it so far?"

I'm liking it, their is no mention of the the main characters being gay or even liking each other in a romantic way. Right now they are just friends.

I heard this is just an introduction and the romance happens in the other books.

message 15: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Day 4:
Finished: Simon vs. the Homo sapiens agenda.

Reading: Two Boys Kissing
Today: 50 pages
Total: 361 pages

message 16: by Liliana (new)

Liliana Boada (lilyboada) | 16 comments I finished Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the Universe and i really loved the book, it was easy to read and the story is so cute and lovely ❤
Now I started with Will Grayson, will Grayson