Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge discussion

List brainstorming > Book over 600 pages

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (bstern12) | 79 comments Mod
If a book is over 600 pages, but you listen to the audio version, can it still count toward the challenge?

Audible had American Gods on sale for $4.95 and I bought it.

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Caldwell | 36 comments I say yes, although...I probably wouldn't, but for me it would feel a little like "cheating". Although technically it's not at all. Some people don't count audio books as read at all, since you didn't really "read" anything, but it's actually a really big commitment to listen to a 600 page book read by someone else, so if your still receiving the words...

I say count that book!

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zoezoe) I say absolutely yes! And enjoy!

message 4: by Nadya (new)

Nadya | 1 comments If you count other audio books as read on your list I think it would count for this topic too. Definitely a time commitment either way!

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (ttrivium) | 46 comments I would count it, too. I've always been a sucker for being read to, so I don't see the need for discounting one method of experiencing a story.

Or maybe it's because I wouldn't get to count all of the books I "read" via audio book since they are sometimes over half the books I consume. I listen during work commutes and evening cleaning jobs. So lots and lots of listening even when there isn't free time for sitting down and reading for hours at home.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Webb (msbeefcake) | 32 comments I am in agreement with ttrivium. I also jam out to audio books due to two hour commutes

Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

American Gods (other topics)