Horror Aficionados discussion

The Secret History
This topic is about The Secret History
Buddy Reads > The Secret History

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Addy | 4989 comments Terry and Addy. Always room for more! 2 chaps a day and if u read more use spoiler tags.

Addy | 4989 comments Prologue was excellent

Terry | 4982 comments I should be able to start on it tonight.

message 4: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom | 340 comments Loved that book 5*

Addy | 4989 comments Good to know Tom! Gonna start now and see how long I can keep my eyes open...lol.

Terry | 4982 comments I've only been able to read the prologue, myself (which was good). Busy night with the kids tonight. I'll start tomorrow now.

Addy | 4989 comments That's ok. I only got through a few pages and like predicted, fell promptly asleep. Tommorrow looks better for both of us. Nite!

Addy | 4989 comments Ch1(view spoiler)

Addy | 4989 comments Ch1(view spoiler)

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch2(view spoiler)

message 11: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Oh my goodness! This is one book I can't put down! So sorry. This will be my last little comment on ch2 for now. (view spoiler)

Terry | 4982 comments Don't apologize and post away! I'll catch up later today.

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ok. So I made it to ch3:) I'll wait up for you. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Terry (last edited Jun 16, 2016 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 4982 comments I've caught up to the start of ch3. Let's see, (view spoiler)

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, I agree. The kiss between Julian and Henry was odd. Can't wait to see what happens next!

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa One of my favourite books along with her others she has written

message 17: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I can certainly see why Lisa:) ch3(view spoiler)

Terry | 4982 comments I know. That was rough! (view spoiler)

message 19: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes. The hallucinations are strange. Maybe it's has something to do with the extreme cold and not being around people. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments (view spoiler)ch3

message 21: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Pg132(view spoiler)

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I've gotten to the end of ch4 and it just blows my mind! I've never read anything like this...:)

message 23: by Terry (last edited Jun 16, 2016 06:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 4982 comments Just got to the end of Ch4 too. I agree, now it's getting more exciting! I agree about Bunny, too. He is annoying - I get what you're saying. I figured something was up with that group, but wasn't quite expecting what's happened. (view spoiler)

message 24: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I think Henry wanted to know how much he knew especially since he knew that Richard had returned and must have seen the house empty. Maybe he doesn't want another bunny on his hands. What did u think of that ritualistic stuff they did in the woods? Weird! I was gonna look some of it up later. Do u think Julian knows about it?

message 25: by Terry (last edited Jun 16, 2016 06:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 4982 comments Could be. I wondered too (view spoiler)

message 26: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I looked up the bachal. It's some kind of play that talks about human nature- the part that wants to be civilized and the part that is more attune to nature and animal instinct. A lot of Greek gods like Dionysus and pantheus are in it. There are spark notes for this so I know id prob get a headache if I read it...lol. Still, it's interesting. I was never good at mythology though.

Terry | 4982 comments Interesting. I've always thought that the mythology stuff would be neat, yet I've never taken the time to read up on any of it. I really don't know anything about Dionysus either, but it seems we may learn more.

message 28: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Think I will have to re-read after I finished my current book ;)

message 29: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I think in only going to read ch5. It's 100 pages alone!

Terry | 4982 comments Sounds good. Its going to be a busy day for me, so I'm not sure I'll even make it that far.

message 31: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Rough day. Didn't make it. I work all day tomorrow so Sunday I will try to make it to ch7 at least. I hope:)

Terry | 4982 comments Don't worry, I'm in the middle of ch5 now, and won't get much time tomorrow, so end of ch6 is a good target for me by the end of Sunday.

message 33: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Sounds great!

Terry | 4982 comments Pg239 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4982 comments End of Ch5 (view spoiler)

message 36: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 35 comments I would just like to state for the record that Secret History is one of my favorite books of all time. I've read it twice, and I don't usually do that because there are so many books to read. I've only read three other books more than once.

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I can certainly see why Debbie. I love this book!

I cracked up when Henry said this: "The more I hear about luxury barges, the less terrible death begins to seem." I can't blame him for that. It would drive me crazy!

message 38: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments For being so tired, my eyes didn't droop at all and I read a few pages of ch6 because I couldn't stand the cliff hanger! Lol. I don't think Julian is aware that a man died in the process of the group's experiment. That's just my guess. I am also surprised that we are not even half way through the book and everything we kind of expected already happened. What's to explore in the next half I wonder? How they all coped? Or maybe some little unexpected twist will arise. I'm definitely curious.

message 39: by Terry (last edited Jun 16, 2016 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 4982 comments Ch6 is another long one to tackle tomorrow, so I guess we find out :) (view spoiler) My curiosity is piqued also!

message 40: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I didn't get to this today. Tomorrow I'll definitely have the time.

Terry | 4982 comments Sounds good.

Maxine Marsh | 736 comments Oh man, I didn't see this thread until just now. I've had this on my kindle to read for a while. I wonder if I could fit it in and catch up to you guys. 2 chapters a day would be a good pace...how are you liking this one so far?

Terry | 4982 comments Its been good so far, Maxine. It's a little bit different than the norm, I think. We're just getting through chapter 6 today (these chapters are pretty long) and you are definitely welcome to join us!

message 44: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Very good book. Very long chapters...lol. So worth it Maxine!

message 45: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments ph 273(view spoiler)

Terry | 4982 comments Addy wrote: "ph 273[spoilers removed]"

This book is definitely covering a lot of Sociological issues! (view spoiler)

message 47: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I completely agree Terry!

I was thinking of watching conjuring 2. Heard anything about it? I've seen the first one and it was pretty good.

Terry | 4982 comments I've only seen the first one too, but the trailers look good. Hope you enjoy!

message 49: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Thanks! I will:)

message 50: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Didn't make it to the movie. Had a horrible headache. Anywho, still making my way through ch6. I'll prob just finish it up today and start ch7 tomm.

« previous 1