RDG 6319 Foundations of Reading, Summer 2016 discussion

Isabella Star of the Story

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nickole (new)

Nickole Castillo | 39 comments I love how this book shows the excitement you can have when reading books! This is something that I have wanted myself and my students to have. I think it is important to show students that there are tons of books to read and explore. As a teacher I want to show my students what fun it is to use your imagination and let books take you on wild adventures. I feel this is important for students to explore and allow them to be anything that they want to be. This is a book that I will definitely read aloud to my students in my classroom! (:

-Nickole Castillo

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Thornton | 19 comments I agree, it is so important to show your students a variety of books that they can enjoy and explore. I feel like books are the perfect way to go on adventures without even leaving the classroom.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (drld) | 9 comments Mod
Nickole, so glad you plan to read this book aloud to your class! I agree with both Victoria and Nickole regarding the adventure contained in books. I wanted to start the course with this book to hopefully get us all inspired and motivated to read!