J.D. Robb discussion

Echoes in Death (In Death, #44)
This topic is about Echoes in Death
In Death Books > Echoes in Death - Spoiler Zone

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 05, 2017 09:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13392 comments Mod
After a party in New York, Lieutenant Eve Dallas rides home with her billionaire husband, Roarke, happy to be done with cocktails and small talk.

After another party, not far away, a woman retires to her bedroom with her husband—and walks into a brutal nightmare.

Their paths are about to collide…

When the young woman—dazed, naked, and bloody—wanders in front of their car, Roarke slams on the brakes just in time, and Eve, still in glittering gown and heels, springs into action. It’s been a long night for the tired homicide cop, and it’s far from over.

Daphne Strazza is rushed to the ER, but it’s too late for Dr. Anthony Strazza. A brilliant orthopedic surgeon, he now lies dead amid the wreckage of his obsessively organized town house, his three safes opened and emptied. Daphne would be a valuable witness, but in her terror and shock the only description of the perp she can offer is repeatedly calling him “the devil” . . .

While it emerges that Dr. Strazza was cold, controlling, and widely disliked—and that he treated Daphne like a trophy wife—this is one case where the evidence doesn’t point to the spouse as the first suspect. So Eve and her team must get started on the legwork, interviewing everyone from dinner-party guests to professional colleagues to caterers, in a desperate race to answer some crucial questions:

What does the devil look like? And where will he show up next?

22 Chapters
Epilogue

February 2061

Character List
(view spoiler)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10396 comments Mod
Sounds like another great read! :)

message 3: by Rae (new) - added it

Rae | 140 comments Sounds exciting and intriguing can't wait to read it :-)

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 166 comments Ooooh! Can't wait.

message 5: by Jeanine (new) - added it

Jeanine Tucker | 196 comments Sounds exciting! I can't wait!

Dawn | 3245 comments Omg! We have almost another year for this one.

message 7: by Tanvi (new) - added it

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 70 comments Wow! Another one! I better get through this series fast!

Relax, take your time and enjoy!

Kristi | 218 comments This sounds like another great ID book.

message 10: by Jeanine (new) - added it

Jeanine Tucker | 196 comments Found something interesting last night in my re-read of Delusion in Death, which comes after New York to Dallas, with the novella Chaos, and another novel, Celebrity in Death, falling in between. In this installment there is a particularly poignant scene between Eve and Peabody (I won't spoil it here). Eve is talking about her parents with Peabody and says "...Sperm and egg--that's what they were. For eight years, between the two of them, they made me a victim. They made me afraid and gave me pain. Now they're dead. I'm not a victim. I'm not afraid. And pain? Not much. They can't hurt me anymore, so what I have, it's just echoes. It'll pass."----Maybe a clue? I can hardly wait to find out.

Valerie Clem (valeriec62) | 31 comments This one sounds reallyb good.

Jeanette (jenb_73) | 153 comments This one does sound awesome!! I'm also making my way through the series so I'll be a bit behind on the discussions.

message 13: by Jules (new) - added it

Jules James | 202 comments Anticipating this one. Very much excited

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2417 comments Can't wait. I no sooner finish one book and I'm ready for the next one. This is five months away.

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 806 comments Just requested it from the library.

message 16: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 633 comments 5 months UUIUGGGHHH!!!!!

Venus Blancia (venusblancia) | 27 comments Jeanine wrote: "Found something interesting last night in my re-read of Delusion in Death, which comes after New York to Dallas, with the novella Chaos, and another novel, Celebrity in Death, falling in between. I..."

I really hope there's a reference in the book and if Ms. Roberts could still remember about this. :)

message 18: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments JD's Facebook page announced a sweepstakes associated with Echoes in Death being run by her new publisher, St Martin's Press. I copied the link and will try to paste it in here.
http://us.macmillan.com/static/smp/ec...

Hope it works

Thanks, Dawn! It works.

message 20: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Yay! I am never good at that stuff.

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I entered the sweepstakes

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 806 comments Thank you, I entered too.

message 23: by Jeanine (new) - added it

Jeanine Tucker | 196 comments Thank you, I entered too.

message 24: by Jules (new) - added it

Jules James | 202 comments Didn't enter, don't think it applies to me in the Caribbean

message 25: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments I didn't read the fine print. Did it say the US only?

message 26: by Gabrielle (last edited Oct 01, 2016 08:59PM) (new) - added it

Gabrielle | 181 comments Cant wait so hyped to read this after apprentice in death

message 27: by Jeanine (new) - added it

Jeanine Tucker | 196 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Cant wait so hyped to read this after apprentice in death"

Agree! Apprentice was so good, I've read it once and listened to it twice already!! Great installment; looking forward to Echoes!

Lynne | 429 comments I entered the drawing and found out today that I have won an "Echoes in Death" T-shirt - so excited!

Yay! Congratulations, Lynne.

Quynh | 1269 comments For anyone who is pre-ordering Echoes In Death, submit your receipt for a poster from St. Martin Press. http://us.macmillan.com/mobile/smp/pr...

Unfortunately, audible won't count. Available to US and Canada (excluding Quebec).

message 31: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments I picked up my mail today and won an Echoes in Death Lt Dallas shirt. Very cool.

Yay! It's only fair since you told us about the sweepstakes.

message 33: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments I don't remember being notified, but it was a very cool surprise. The shirt is nicely made too.

Lynne | 429 comments Dawn wrote: "I picked up my mail today and won an Echoes in Death Lt Dallas shirt. Very cool."

I won a T shirt also!

message 35: by Gabrielle (new) - added it

Gabrielle | 181 comments Paula wrote: "Just requested it from the library."
Me too

message 36: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Have you gotten yours Lynne?

Lynne | 429 comments Dawn wrote: "Have you gotten yours Lynne?"

Yes, I got it! Hopefully will get a picture & post it soon. I have had the worst flu, but better now.

Oh, Lynne, so sorry you're ill. Glad you're feeling better.

message 39: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Sorry you have been ill. I thought it was really well made.

Lynne | 429 comments Thank you ladies for your kind words - it means a lot to me! I do feel much better now, thanks.

St Martin's is running another sweepstakes for free Echoes in Death swag. They have a drawing coming up for 1,000 In Death keychains and in early 2017 they're giving away one J.D. Robb inspired leather jacket.

Enter here: Echoes in Death Sweepstakes

Thanks, Jo. I was just in the process of posting this info. lol

Should we broadcast?

Sure, we could.

message 45: by Ariel (last edited Dec 30, 2016 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 48 comments Ah, this book needs to get here now. I got the teaser Happy Holidays card from St. Martin's in my mail today (my mail's been backed up because we're in the middle of moving so I'm not sure when it came actually). Do they do the cards signed by Eve and Roarke every year?

First time I'm seeing it but it has a pic of Echoes and Secrets on the back and Echoes just can't come fast enough, imo!

Robb/Roberts switched publishers recently and this is new!

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 48 comments Oh, I'd no idea she'd switched but this was so cool!

There's quite a discussion in progress about it in Let's Talk.

message 49: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Okay, I am going to try to put this link up. If it works, it is a commercial released by St. Martin's Press for the book. If it doesn't work, go to her FB page and check it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_jp...

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 48 comments It worked for me. That's so awesome!

« previous 1 3 4