Children's Book Review Exchange discussion

1st Books on the agenda

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George Paul | 3 comments Mod
We will start up next week as we get more goodread.com members to join. Please feel free to recommend group to a friend. For the 1st books to review, Im going to allow each group member to bring 1 book to the exchange. The book can be one you been wanting to read, a friends, even your own. All should review the group rules for the review process to become familiar with them.

Thanks George

message 2: by George (new)

George Paul | 3 comments Mod
Guidelines for rating a book. ALL MUST FOLLOW THESE RULES, NO PERSONAL CRITERIA IS TO BE USED.
All books stand on their own merit. They are not to be compared to legendary or classic work or current works of their time. Everyone has distinct and different opinion of a book, so to limit the objectivity we are only following the judging criteria of 1-5 based on the below: Use the 10 point system below. Rate each category 1-5. Add up the total and divide by 10. That will be your rating. YOU MUST EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAME UP WITH YOUR RATING. To do that, please post your 10 point guideline score for each category to see where you think the author fell short or excelled. Transparency is key to ratings and will provide the author with the best feedback.

1- Cover
2- Illustrations
3- Story/Plot
4- Characterization
5- Message or what book is implying to children
6- Originality/Creativity
7- Author's Writing Style
8- Marketability
9- Perfection in Grammar/Spelling etc.
10- Memorable Ending

message 3: by Deanie (new)

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne | 2 comments I would like to join the group. I've written 5 books, Tails of Sweetbrier, Charlie the Horse, Charlene the Star, Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes, and Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog. I do believe they'd be suitable for your group. I think 8-10 year olds would enjoy them. If you'd like to find out more, please visit my website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com.