Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 3,572 (3572 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 11, 2016 09:55PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
Markhor

Mentor: Kelly

Michelle ~ Captain
Cheryl ~ Co-Captain
Emily ~ Co-Captain
Amanda Colton
Brittney
Jennifer Hallyburton
Karrie
Rachael
Rebecca Crooks
Sunshine
Michelle

Ashley
Gen
Haley
Ray
Jo-Jo

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:25PM) (new)

Battleship Board

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Jun 11, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Checked in members

✔ Michelle ~ Captain
✔ Cheryl ~ Co-Captain
✔ Emily ~ Co-Captain
✔ Ashley
✔ Amanda Colton
✔ Brittney
✔ Gen
✔ Haley
✔ Jennifer Hallyburton
✔ Jo-Jo
✔ Karrie
✔ Rachael
✔ Ray
✔ Rebecca Crooks
✔ Sunshine

message 7: by Michelle (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments SPREADSHEET LINKS

BATTLESHIP https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 8: by Michelle (last edited Jun 16, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments LINKS TO RULES OF THE GAMES

BATTLESHIP https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Michelle (last edited Jun 16, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments LINKS TO QUESTION AND ANSWERS ON GAMES

BATTLESHIP Q & A https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 10: by Michelle (last edited Jun 18, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments BOOKS READ THREADS

BATTLESHIP https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Hello Everyone and Welcome!

When you find your way here please check in and if you want tell us a little bit about yourselves.

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 903 comments Hi to all of my fellow Markhors! I can't wait to read and play with you all!!

message 13: by H. Parker (new)

H. Parker (slightlyjynxed) Hi, everyone! I am super excited to be here and can't wait to get started!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Hello to everyone so far who has checked in!

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 218 comments Hi everyone! I'm so excited for WOBBLE. I have never done a big reading challenge like this before and I think it will be a lot of fun. I had no idea what a Markhor was before these teams were formed, but they are very cool and I'm glad I'm on Team Markhor! I love the horns :)

Looking forward to all the reading and kicking some WOBBLE butt with all of you!

message 16: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4065 comments Hi all. I'm really looking forward to this challenge. I'm in the midst of moving but I will do my best.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (beckasbookshelves) | 116 comments Hi everyone! I'm so excited and can't wait for WOBBLE to start! This will be my first challenge.

message 18: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 650 comments Hi everyone!! How is everyone doing. I am excited about this challenge. This should be a blast.

message 19: by Kay Kay (new)

Kay Kay | 1793 comments Hi everyone. I am excited to be on a team for Wobble! Can't wait until the 17th. Until then I am trying to finish up what I have started!

message 20: by Gen (new)

Gen (gen454) | 179 comments Hi everyone. I'm Gen and I am very happy to be part of this team. Go Markhors!

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 218 comments I love fantasy and historical fiction so we'll balance out well. I also like mysteries, thrillers, and suspense. not a huge fan of sci-fi or nonfiction

message 22: by Gen (new)

Gen (gen454) | 179 comments As for me, I love reading urban fantasy and romance novels. I don't care much for thrillers.

message 23: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Hi everyone

Checking in. Thanks Cheryl for the heads up.

I read almost everything... But no horror

message 24: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelc94) | 97 comments Hi my name is Rachael. I'm excited to be part of wobble. I'm hoping the challenge will fit in with what I'm already reading to an extent and motivate me to finish more books.

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Hey guys :) I'll be your mentor for this new set of craziness. I'll try to keep up to date but feel free to PM me if you need something sooner.

message 26: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments I help answer questions or fix problems that you're having :)

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Ray (user2637) wrote: "I was checking out the previous Battleship rules and there's a genre list there. Not sure that we'll have the same genres for the upcoming Battleship game, but thought I'd post them here anyway. Ma..."

I read most anything usually except for Erotica and Main genre romance. Some of my favorites are Horror, YA, Urban fantasy, and historical fiction.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Sunshine wrote: "Hi everyone

Checking in. Thanks Cheryl for the heads up.

I read almost everything... But no horror"

That's ok I can be the designated Horror reader if need be.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments For those of you that have arrived would you please post a link to your wobble read shelf please.

Ray I got yours already and thank you.

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Michelle wrote: "Checked in members

✔ Michelle ~ Captain
✔ Cheryl ~ Co-Captain
Emily ~ Co-Captain
Ashley
✔ Amanda Colton
✔ Brittney
✔ Gen
✔ Haley
✔ Jennifer Hallyburton
Jo-Jo
✔ Karrie
✔ Rachael
✔ Ray
✔ ..."

I'm here

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1013 comments I tend to like most everything, Paranormal, New Adult, Contemporary, Suspense...depends on mood mainly.

Can't wait

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Emily wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Checked in members

✔ Michelle ~ Captain
✔ Cheryl ~ Co-Captain
Emily ~ Co-Captain
Ashley
✔ Amanda Colton
✔ Brittney
✔ Gen
✔ Haley
✔ Jennifer Hallyburton
Jo-Jo
✔ Karrie
✔ R..."

Got ya!

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 218 comments how do we post a link to the shelf? I only know how to post books and authors. Thanks!

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Amanda wrote: "how do we post a link to the shelf? I only know how to post books and authors. Thanks!"

Click on your shelf - Go to the address bar and right click - hit copy - come over here and in new post right click - hit paste - and then post.

If that doesn't work let me know and I will help you out.

message 36: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (beckasbookshelves) | 116 comments My wobble read shelf: nbrc-wobble-2016

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Gotcha Sunshine and Rebecca..Thanks

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2754 comments Amanda wrote: "how do we post a link to the shelf? I only know how to post books and authors. Thanks!"

I got yours.

message 39: by H. Parker (new)

H. Parker (slightlyjynxed) Here is my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I also read Horror, Romance (Contemporary and Historical), Historical Fiction, Chick Lit, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, YA, Trillers, etc. I'm not huge into anything non-fiction.

message 40: by Gen (new)

message 41: by Jo-Jo (last edited Jun 09, 2016 04:38PM) (new)

Jo-Jo | 686 comments Thanks for the message Michelle! It's great to see someone familiar here. =)

Nice to meet everyone! I am really excited for this challenge, it sounds like so much fun.

My favorite genres are Paranormal/Supernatural, Urban Fantasy, Historical Romance(but haven't read any in awhile), Young Adult, Erotica, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror. Honestly, I will read just about anything if it seems interesting to me. I don't tend to read as much Non-Fiction, but I do enjoy True Crime books, and I have my eye on some other Non-Fiction reads that I think I'll enjoy.

Here is my shelf for this challenge: WOBBLE2016

Let the fun begin! =D

message 42: by Rachael (last edited Jun 10, 2016 08:54PM) (new)

Rachael (rachaelc94) | 97 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Here's my goodreads shelf. I think a really easy way to keep track of who has read what is to create a google spreadsheet. You would just need everybody's email so that they could all edit it.

message 43: by Kay Kay (last edited Jun 09, 2016 05:56PM) (new)

Kay Kay | 1793 comments Ok here is my shelf. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I am very eclectic and not really picky. I will read just about anything. So, if we need someone to fill in holes ... I'll read it. Well unless it's really nasty.

message 44: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 650 comments I will read pretty much any genre. I prefer Suspense Thrillers, and Historical Fiction, and mystery. I have been reading a lot of Sci-fi and Fantasy lately though.

Here is my shelf:

Brittney's Shelf

message 46: by ♞ Pat (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:10AM) (new)

♞ Pat Gent | 536 comments We're having a bit of a conversation in the All-Teams Endangered Chat.

What would you guys think about the four teams dividing up the time frame and putting together four mini-challenges for just our group?

Due to the hinky start and finish dates, there's not a 4 week block that encompases a single month, so what if we did a 3 week mini-challenge schedule with a week in between .... lagging the first start time until after WOBBLE is good and going?

Each endangered team would take one 3-week period and host a mini-challenge with just our sub-group.

Here's my thinking on the schedule : each one starts on a Sunday and runs 3 weeks, skipping a week until the next start.

June 26 - July 17
July 24 - August 14
August 28 - September 11
September 25 - October 16

You guys up for something like that? Let's do some deciding in the All Endangered Chat if you want to participate!

Pat
Alpha Dhole

message 47: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 650 comments An idea for our mini challenge:

We could have them do a Spell-it-out challenge by doing each animals name and where they are found. For example:

Snow Leopard: Central and South Asia
Dholes: Asia
Markhors: Pakistan or Afghanistan
Polar Bears: Arctic Circle

OR:

Spell-it-Out challenge with the animals name and their scientific name. For Example:

Snow Leopards: Panthera uncia
Dholes: Cuon alpinus
Markhors: Capra falconeri
Polar Bears: Ursus Maritimus.

Standard Spell-it-out rules apply

What do ya'll think?

message 48: by Gen (new)

Gen (gen454) | 179 comments Count me out for the optional mini challenge

message 49: by Ashley M (new)

Ashley M  (read-a-hol-ic) | 762 comments Michelle wrote: "Checked in members

✔ Michelle ~ Captain
✔ Cheryl ~ Co-Captain
✔ Emily ~ Co-Captain
Ashley
✔ Amanda Colton
✔ Brittney
✔ Gen
✔ Haley
✔ Jennifer Hallyburton
Jo-Jo
✔ Karrie
✔ Rachael
✔ Ray
..."

Checking in and ready to read!

message 50: by Ashley M (last edited Jun 11, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Ashley M  (read-a-hol-ic) | 762 comments How do I create a link to my Wobble book shelf?

Also, what do you need me to read?

I picked out a book from each genre from the battleship list. Do I start now? Reading one just in case.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72