Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Mellow Mammoths

Comments Showing 1-50 of 4,120 (4120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 82 83

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 30, 2016 09:07PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Mellow Mammoths

Mentor: Tea

Michelle ~ Captain
Stacie ~ Co-Captain
Greta ~ Co-Captain
Audrey Jane
Berit
Delitealex
Lisa (Aussie Girl)
Louise
Morgan
NancyHelen
Sally906
Shelby

Kirby
Jennifer
Sam

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:23PM) (new)

Battleship Board

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Aug 19, 2016 10:33PM) (new)

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3040 comments Reserved

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3040 comments Reserved

message 9: by Stacie (last edited Jul 21, 2016 06:14AM) (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Wheelathon Tracking

message 10: by Greta (last edited Jul 22, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Olympics Tracking Post- Books are deleted as they are completed

Event 1: Title Relay
HEAT 1- COMPLETE
HEAT 2- COMPLETE

Event 2: Page Jumping
HEAT 1- COMPLETE
HEAT 2- COMPLETE
Bonus Round Heat 3- COMPLETE

Bonus Round Heat 4-
451 - 500- Michelle

Event 3: Discus / Books in the Distance- SET 1 COMPLETE

Event 4: Fight Club- COMPLETE
Event 4: Coaching Books: COMPLETE

Event 5: Create a Chariot -COMPLETE
SUPPLEMENTAL BOOKS: Decorate your Chariot- COMPLETE

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1645 comments Hello! Am I first here? Silly question of course I am. It's bedtime for me - just as the fun starts.

Before I hit the pillow - for those who don't know me - I am Sally and I live in Australia.

There are only a couple of new names here I don't know - pleased to meet you.

Nice to catch up with some long time friends as well.

message 12: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Hi Sally! I'm glad to be on a team with you :-)

message 13: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1645 comments Thanks - there are at least 3 Aussies here - so will have someone in my time zone to chat to :)

Off to bed now. Catch you later.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3040 comments Hi everyone!! Really glad to be playing with you all. Greta, Stacie and I will be leading you through this madness for the next few months.

I'm headed to a long day of meetings but I will be back tonight to catch up.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5008 comments Hi everyone. Lisa from Sydney, Australia checking in... and now off to bed. (It's nearly midnight here. ) Looking forward to a "Mammoth" challenge.. groan, sorry I couldn't resist. Love our name, chat more tomorrow.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) Well... As you girls go off to bed, I am waking up good morning!
Most of you I believe I have met before, but for those of you I haven't I live in southern California :-)
Love that name, BTW

message 17: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Berit, Is the weather there pretty much perfect all the time?? I believe this is our first team challenge together :D

message 18: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Hi everyone. Lisa from Sydney, Australia checking in... and now off to bed. (It's nearly midnight here. ) Looking forward to a "Mammoth" challenge.. groan, sorry I couldn't resist. Love our name, c..."

Hi Lisa! I'm glad there will be a few other Aussies on the team for you to chat while the others are sleeping! I think we did some buddy reads together a while back...Phillipa Gregory, right?

message 19: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Good morning everyone! I'm Stacie, I'm your trusty co-captain for Wobble. Glad you are all excited to be on this team. It's an awesome name. I'm in MD though right now I'm at work in VA.

Just a couple of housekeeping reminders to be aware of:

1) Please don't start your books prior to the 17th as we won't be able to count them towards the challenge.

2) Please feel free to ask any questions you have. If you don't feel comfortable asking in the group, PM one of us.

3) The captain squad will be sending friend requests to everyone on the team. We need access to your shelves.

4) Have fun and read on!

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) | 0 comments *sneaks in and looks around* Terror bird flyby!

message 21: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "*sneaks in and looks around* Terror bird flyby!"

Caw caw

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) | 0 comments Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "*sneaks in and looks around* Terror bird flyby!"

Caw caw"

Tookie tookie!

It's an Evolution thing, if you haven't seen the movie..

message 23: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments LOL, hello little birdie!

message 24: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments Joining T on a dive-bomb from the Tara-Birds I mean Terror Birds!

message 25: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 9862 comments Mod
ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "*sneaks in and looks around* Terror bird flyby!"

Don't mind me, the snarling sabertooth is merely stalking the bird because it's hungry :-)

message 26: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments As long as you're not coming to hunt Mammoths you are welcome here :D

message 27: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Our mammoth will crush you all.

message 28: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3970 comments Hey team I'm really excited to start.

message 29: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments Hi Mammoths. Just stopping by to say howdy.

message 30: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Hi Delite!! Yea, we are on another team together :-)

message 31: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1487 comments Hi Mellow Mammoths! I couldn't wait to finish work in order to go home and check in. I recognize a lot of familiar names. I'm Audrey, living in Belgium. Pleased to meet you all.

@NancyHelen; nice to be on the same team again :)

I'm really looking forward to this challenge !

Hereby my shelf: Let's Wobble

message 32: by Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ (last edited Jun 08, 2016 11:09AM) (new)

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Our mammoth will crush you all."

Came to give my sister a healthy shove!!! We're competitors again. Yay!! Don't tell Dad, or I'm not your friend!

message 33: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Hello team,

It's been pointed out in another team that I'm neglecting my mentor duties and didn't come to say hi.

So... Since I'm going to supervise your road to extinction victory I guess I could give you few pointers:

Stay calm. There is no need to panic. End is near and we are well prepared...

Have fun!

message 34: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ wrote: "Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Our mammoth will crush you all."

Came to give my sister a healthy shove!!! We're competitors again. Yay!! Don't tell Dad, or I'm not your friend!

"

Meanie beanie bo neenie.

message 35: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Here is my Shelf: NBRC--Wobble-2016

message 36: by Delitealex (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Delitealex | 3970 comments My shelf Wobble2016

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ wrote: "Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Our mammoth will crush you all."

Came to give my sister a healthy shove!!! We're competitors again. Yay!! Don't tell Dad, or I'm not your fr..."

LOL. It's all love.

message 38: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ wrote: "Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ wrote: "Stealthilicious Stacie wrote: "Our mammoth will crush you all."

Came to give my sister a healthy shove!!! We're competitors again. Yay!! Don..."

Of course it is! You'll have to teach me how to post a gif and make it work because I can never do it right.

message 39: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments My shelf: weebles-wobble

message 40: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1487 comments ❀Tea❀ wrote: "Hello team,

So... Since I'm going to supervise your road to extinction victory I guess I could give you few pointers:

Stay calm. There is no need to panic. End is near and we are well prepared...
"

*waves* hi Tea :) ! Don't worry, we will not go down without putting up a good fight, they will write about us in history books.

message 41: by Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Lol. Really?

You just find your gif with the ending is gif

Post like this
img src="example gif"

This is what the code looks like.

Getting on my computer to do it properly. Lol

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments

Figured, I'll mess with you.

message 43: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments

Oh yea, I did it!

<*img src="PASTE URL HERE"height="100" width="100"*>

that is the code I used, Stacie. But I changed my height and width. I just right clicked on the gif, copied the image address and pasted it in, removing the **s.

Tamika, when you do it you don't have to add in your height and width?

message 44: by Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Nope no height or width with mine.

In fact thanks, I was doing it now.

<**img src=" URL"**>

Url
http://i.giphy.com/aJBuK7tQlXNza.gif

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Of course remove stars.

message 46: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Oh thanks! I will try it with that code since it's simpler. I think I have posted one Gif before this and I was doing it in such a roundabout way. This will make it so much easier...

message 47: by Stacie (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:48PM) (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Greta wrote: "Oh thanks! I will try it with that code since it's simpler. I think I have posted one Gif before this and I was doing it in such a roundabout way. This will make it so much easier..."

I usually just type what I want in google. like happy gif and it comes up with images.

Or you can go to giphy.com

It's website dedicated to gifs. They have plenty, when you find one, click on it then advance. Use the link for gif download and it's a easier link. Much quicker.

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Look at your code again Stacie, and see what's wrong.

message 50: by Louise (new)

Louise | 2304 comments Hi Everyone, I finally made it with a little help

manny

I'm Louise from an unusually sunny Wales. Nice to see some familiar names. Really looking forward to this challenge.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 82 83