Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Green Dragons

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,473 (2473 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 08, 2016 05:59AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30795 comments Mod
Green Dragons

Mentor: Sonia

Shannon ~ Captain
Sonia ~ Co-Captain
M ~ Co-Captain
Alex
Alexa
Angel-Claire
Armi
Candace
Denise
Elsbeth
Kristin
Megan
Philippa
Roseena
Sandra

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:21PM) (new)

Battleship Board

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 5: by Shannon (last edited Jun 19, 2016 08:46PM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments description

WELCOME TO THE GREEN DRAGONS!

We are the Treasure Thieves - hoarders of all the book points.
We shall roar....we shall spit fire....we shall be all kinds of awesome!

Sonia, M, and I are so glad to have you all with us on this fantastical journey.

description

Green Dragons Spreadsheet
Green Dragons Read Books Thread
Wobble Team Status Spreadsheet

✴ Shannon wobble-nbrc
✴ Sonia wobbly-wobble
✴ M wobble
✴ Alex (CrazyCat) wobble-challenge
✴ Alexa wobble-2016
✴ Angel-Claire wobbleteamchallenge
✴ Armi 0-nbrc-wobble-green-dragons
✴ Candace wobble-challenge
✴ Denise wobble
✴ Elsbeth green-dragons-nbrc-wobble
✴ Kristin wobble-nbrc-2016
✴ Megan wobble-2016
✴ Philippa nbrc-wobble
✴ Roseena wobble2016
✴ Sandra wobble

All About Wobble (The Rules)

Rules

◈ Books must be started after the start date of the challenge to count towards the challenge

◈ Books must be />100 pages. NOTE: This number is lower than our other team challenges!
For page number questions, please check with your captain who can ask in the Captains group for verification.
◈ Audio books are allowed. (For page numbers, use the "default" GR book page numbers.)
◈ No graphic novels. (Sorry.)
◈ Boxed sets are not considered as "one book" and need to be shelved as separate books
◈ No little children's books less than 25,000 words. ArBookFind is a great site to double check. If in doubt, ask your captain.
◈ Any genre counts.
◈ Any book in any language will count, as long as it meets the criteria.
◈ "Re-reads" will be allowed, if it has been six months since you have read the book. This includes listening to the audio version, if you've already read the book.

All Myth Teams Chatter

Book Recommendations - Letters
Book Recommendations - Animal Covers

description

Time Zones:
✴ Shannon ~ Central Daylight Time
✴ Sonia ~
✴ M ~
✴ Alex
✴ Alexa
✴ Angel-Claire
✴ Armi Eastern European Summer Time
✴ Candace
✴ Denise
✴ Elsbeth
✴ Kristin
✴ Megan
✴ Philippa
✴ Roseena
✴ Sandra

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Jul 19, 2016 07:22AM) (new)

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Shannon (last edited Jul 19, 2016 07:22AM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Reserved

message 8: by Shannon (new)

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Hello fellow dragons! :D

message 11: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Carver (alexacarver) | 191 comments Hey Dragons! I'm so excited to be part of the team! This is my first Wobble challenge.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Mine too! First team challenge full stop actually, I'm super excited :D Just going on a casual friend adding spree at the moment and adding you all ;)

message 13: by Sonia (last edited Jun 09, 2016 02:00AM) (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10103 comments Hey Team!

Well Alexa, is first time we're doing wobble... not sure what we were thinking at the time but hey... it's going to be fun fun fun!!!!

Anyway, since I'm also behind the scenes, there's some things I cannot do... fortunately, battleship is not one of them, because Tea is keeping our boards well hidden.

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments Found my team! Thanks, Megan for the add. I used it as a heads up to look for my team.

message 15: by Philippa (new)

Philippa (piprob) | 128 comments Hi! I'm so excited to be a dragon!! Super looking forward to getting to know you all!! It's my second team challenge (tower teams IV was my first)

message 16: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10103 comments I'll send you all f invites later... because know I need to really really focus on finishing something for work.

message 17: by Shannon (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:14AM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Hi Team!!!! So glad to see you finally!

I'm still getting myself together this morning....pounding back the coffee...

I'll start off by sending you each a friend request.

In the meantime....Let's get to know a bit about each other....

So excited to get this challenge started.

I see a lot of new faces, so this should be super fun.

I will need the links to everyone's wobble shelf.

A little about me.... I'm a SAHM with 2 daughters with one large very old rescue dog. I'm in the US in the Central time zone -- I know our team is kind of all over. I'm a night owl so my hours online are kind of all over the place. This is my 4th or 5th time as a captain/co-captain -- which by no means indicates I know what I am doing. I noticed we've got several newbies -- don't worry, it'll be smooth sailing....or in our case, flying.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments Great to meet you all!

I'm Megan and I'm 24. I have a bachelors degree in Zoology and a masters degree in Animal Behaviour so as you can probably tell, I'm a bit keen on animals! I was so happy when I heard that animals was the theme for team names. My specialty is dogs and I am currently working with dogs at a rescue shelter while applying for funding to undertake a PhD in canine behaviour and welfare.
I'm from London but I'm currently living down in Devon, I adore nature and the countryside and would one day love to live somewhere with lots of mountains and forest!
Like you all, I'm a massive bookworm (or bookwyrm shall we say considering our team name?!) and my favourite genres are fantasy, horror and sci-fi :D

My wobble shelf is here

message 19: by CrazyCat (Alex) (last edited Jun 08, 2016 09:27AM) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments Hi teammates! I'm sooo happy to have made it into this challenge. This is my first time participating in a challenge but I'm sure if I have questions I'll get help from someone in my team.

A little about me:

I was born in Germany but moved to Sweden about ten years ago. I have two kids (boy and girl), a dog and a cat. I'm a nurse, working with mentally ill patients. As I'm working night-shifts I have lots of hours reading-time.

I start adding all of you to my friends-list and hope that we have lots of fun together in the next weeks.

Here is the link to my shelf:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

-Alex

message 20: by Philippa (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:31AM) (new)

Philippa (piprob) | 128 comments I'm Philippa (or Pippa, Pips etc.), I'm from the north east of England and I'm 23. I currently work as front of house in a cafe so my hours vary day-to-day and week-to-week; but that might change sometime if I can get myself motivated to do some job searching. Anyways I'll be around and about sometime every day, it'll just vary between morning and night depending on my shifts.

oh and my wobble shelf is very imaginatively named nbrc-wobble

Books and More with Kristin G | 120 comments Hello team! My name is Kristin and I'm from the US. I'm 18 years old, which means I am in college. I am working towards getting a BA in Biology with a specialty on the human body. Fortunately, I'm on summer break so I have ample time to read.

This is my first Wobble challenge and I am super excited. I love team challenges! (I did the tower team IV challenge before)

message 23: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments I'm Denise. Mom of two teenage girls, 18 and almost 16. I'm a radiation therapist in California. I do the majority of my reading during insomnia bouts, on the treadmill at the gym, or waiting to pick up a kid, since neither one drives yet. I'm nursing a knee injury, and I'm almost back on it. It's taking time and frustrating me. I did 5 half marathons last year, but can't this year. I'm working toward a 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz in October.

This is my first team challenge with NBRC. I'll need some guidance, I'm sure.

The link to my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 24: by M (last edited Jun 08, 2016 09:58AM) (new)

M Beal | 1453 comments Greetings Dragons!
It is wonderful to meet all of you. I started off by sending each of you a friend request. (or answering yours)

I am M. I live in Vancouver BC and am the happy mum of 2 fur babies of the meowing kind. A complete book nut, I spend most of my free time reading. I work at a local book store so I always have something new on my shelf. My favorite genres are sci-fi, fantasy, and historical fiction.

This is my first time being a co-captain. I am in the pacific time zone and usually near a computer. Looking forward to this challenge with all of you.

message 25: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta | 295 comments lol I started to get random invites. only can mean one thing. wobble teams !

I'm roseena . I'm turning 23 during the event ! I have a daughter whose turning 4 in September. I'm a student graduating this year ! which is why I wanted to be apart of this . I have more time to read . I work most of my time when I'm not a student or being a mommy .

I participate in a few things around .

message 26: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments I'm so glad everyone seems to be finding their way to our team. Looks like we've only got a couple left to check in. Fantastic!!!

I'm loving reading everybody's introductions. We've got a pretty eclectic group which I think bodes well for some interesting conversations going forward.

It's going to be FUN!!!!!

message 27: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Denise wrote: "I'm Denise. Mom of two teenage girls, 18 and almost 16. I'm a radiation therapist in California. I do the majority of my reading during insomnia bouts, on the treadmill at the gym, or waiting to pi..."

I've also got 2 girls - 18 & 15. :)

Hope your knee gets better soon!

message 28: by Shannon (new)

Karsyn has been kind enough to open up an all Myth teams general chat.

All Myth Teams Chatter

This will let all of us under Sonia's most excellent tutelage **snickers** get to know each other. I think it will be locked for a bit but be sure to keep checking in. It'll be open soon.

Go Myth Teams!

message 29: by Sasa7320 (new)

Sasa7320 | 22 comments hello dragons!
I'm Sandra 28 and this is my first challenge!
I'm sorry I couldn't checked in before, I just came back from China this morning ^^ and I am kind of tired (12 hours flight...)
anyway I'm from France and I'm glad to meet you all and be part of the team :)
I hope we will have a great time during this challenge :)

message 30: by Claire (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Claire  | 3568 comments Hi dragons! I'm so happy to be part of this team ! :) I just love that we are Dragons!!!! One of my favorites mythical creatures :D
And I see there are many people here I don't know yet. It's really nice to meet you all :)
So, my name is Claire. I live in Belgium. I'm a student in languages and literature (english and russian to be precise). Right now I'm in the middle of my exam session so I might not be as present in the chat for the moment. But don't worry I'll be completely free by the time wobble starts.
My favorite genres are YA, Urban fantasy and fantasy.

message 31: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 3568 comments Here is my wobble shelf: wobbleteamchallenge

message 32: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments So teamies .... I figured while we wait to get started we could start getting to know each other a little bit better. Here's some "get to know you" questions.

1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?

2. What are 5 of your favorite books?

3. What was your favorite book as a child?

4. What's your favorite kind of book challenge?

5. Favorite color?

message 33: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?

I'm mostly paranormal & fantasy with the occasional smut thrown in. ;) Least favorite would probably be anything non-fiction or religious books.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

I tend to like challenges like this one where I can read really whatever I want. I'm not so great at reading for something specific.

5. Favorite color?

Black

message 34: by Denise (last edited Jun 08, 2016 05:41PM) (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?

I tend to read mostly romantic comedy and smut. Autobiography books, too.

I'm not into horror and not a big fan of mystery.

Cinder
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Little Women
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bossypants

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

Group challenges keep me accountable to someone, so I keep on track.

5. Favorite color?

Teal

message 35: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Armi wrote: "1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
Romance, contemporary or paranormal, M/M and sometimes M/F, and UF. The occasional erotic romance as well.

2. What ar..."

You'll find there are a ton of MM readers here in NBRC. You might want to check out the NBRC Back room group. It's where we talk about the naughty books :)

message 36: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Denise wrote: "1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?

I'm not into horror and not a big fan of..."

Great books! I've heard so many people love Cinder I may have to finally break down and try it. Lol!

message 37: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 206 comments Marissa Meyer is definitely one of my favorite authors. The stories are wonderful. You know how they will end, but the magic is in how she's going to get you there.

message 38: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta | 295 comments lately I been into everything . trying to read more "adult " books

I don't really have favorite genres. I'm not super into religious books either

3. hands down its harry potter

4. reading with a life is a challenge

purple and red

message 39: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Denise wrote: "Marissa Meyer is definitely one of my favorite authors. The stories are wonderful. You know how they will end, but the magic is in how she's going to get you there."

I'm not usually a big fan of YA with the Harry Potter/Percy Jackson exceptions. But really so many of my GR friends, whom I know share similar tastes have raved. Maybe the opportunity will present itself during Wobble. :)

message 40: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Roseena wrote: "lately I been into everything . trying to read more "adult " books

I don't really have favorite genres. I'm not super into religious books either

3. hands down its harry potter

4. reading wit..."

One of the great things about these challenges is the discovery of books you might have thought just weren't your thing through the discussions with your teammates. I know it's happened to me numerous times since joining NBRC. You talk about them, then do Buddy Reads, participate in a BOM. It's really great for those of us that love to read.

message 41: by M (new)

M Beal | 1453 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
Favorite genres have to be sci-fi, fantasy, and anything historical. Least favorite paranormal romance followed by anything romance or chick lit

This is a hard one for me. I really don't think I can give an honest answer. I love to many

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

One that makes me hunt for new books I have not discovered.

5. Favorite colour?
A dark teal blue/green

message 42: by Philippa (new)

Philippa (piprob) | 128 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
Definitely fantasy, I keep trying to read a range of genres and I always come back to it. Least likely is probably horror or chick lit- I start them and never have the motivation to finish.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

either The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett or Finding Cassie Crazy (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2) by Jaclyn Moriarty

A good group challenge (else my motivation fades away)

5. Favorite color?
baby blue/turquoise

message 43: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10103 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
I love UF, PNR, MM Romance and YA. I don't do zombies - at least not the wrong kind - , poetry and anything Stephen King written. Yeah, horror is not my thing.

2. What are 5 of your favorite books? - Favorite Book Series, no order because they move up to number one according to mood
Kate Daniels
Cut& Run
Vampire Academy
Harry Potter
Mercy Thompon and Alpha & Omega

Suzy series by Gretha Stevns or anything by Comtess of Segur.

Team challenges :D

5. Favorite color?
Red and/or Black.

message 44: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 980 comments I love how we've got such a variety of people in our team!

My favourite genres are fantasy, sci-fi and horror. My least favourite has got to be romance/chick lit, I know many of you love it but I just can't stand it!

Memoirs of a Geisha
It
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
A Song of Ice and Fire
Looking for Alaska

ooh good question!
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Animals of Farthing Wood
The Redwall series
Anything by Jacqueline Wilson

Team challenges like this where I get to interact with fellow book lovers

5. Favorite color?
Purple!

message 45: by CrazyCat (Alex) (last edited Jun 09, 2016 05:59AM) (new)

CrazyCat (Alex) | 397 comments 1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
At the moment I read a lot of YA books (paranormal, fantasy, mystery, thriller) but there are a few authors, not YA, I follow and when they have a new book coming out I will read it. Right now I would say chic-lit and smexy is not high on my reading list. But it might change during the challenge.

What are 5 of your favorite books or series?
Going Down in Flames (Going Down in Flames, #1) by Chris Cannon Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1) by Chelsea Fine Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines The Deepest Cut (MacKinnon Curse, #1) by J.A. Templeton Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

What was your favorite book as a child?
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

This is my first challenge but I think I prefer group challenges - more people to share and discuss books with.

5. Favorite color?
Red

message 46: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments I love that we seem to have so many fantasy readers given that we are a Myth team. Seems fate had a plan.... lol!

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Megan wrote: "I love how we've got such a variety of people in our team!

My favourite genres are fantasy, sci-fi and horror. My le..."

Have you seen that they're remaking It? Not that my husband would ever agree to see it once it comes out. He's got a thing about clowns....Ha

message 48: by Shannon (last edited Jun 09, 2016 06:12AM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Philippa wrote: "1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
Definitely fantasy, I keep trying to read a range of genres and I always come back to it. Least likely is probably hor..."

Pulled some TBR off your favorites list.

Love me some Locke & Jean!!!

message 49: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Armi wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Denise wrote: "1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?

I'm not i..."

Ha! Ok cool. Guess that seals the deal I'll have to try it.

message 50: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10103 comments Armi wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Armi wrote: "1. What are your favorite book genres to read? What do you least like to read?
Romance, contemporary or paranormal, M/M and sometimes M/F, and UF. The occasional erotic..."

Another Ty&Zane fan

*claps hands and does happy dance*

We shall conquer the earth!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50