Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Swimming Mermalions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 986 (986 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 31, 2016 08:14PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30795 comments Mod
Swimming Mermalions

Mentor: Sonia

Lori ~ Captain
Imke ~ Co-Captain
Clare ~ Co-Captain
Eli
Elinaly
Emelie
Filipa
Gemma
Harry Smith
Juliana Rodrigues
Lukea
Sille
Simona

Chava
Amanda
Lusie
Jen
Deanna
Sara
Lexi

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:24PM) (new)

Battleship Board

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 03:53PM) (new)

This team has opted to have a separate public group. You can visit them here

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 15, 2016 02:57PM) (new)

Recommendations from team members for some of those trickier tasks plus recommendations made by the group in the run up to Wobble.

Wheel-a-thon Tricky Letters
Animal Covers
Title Begins With W, O, B, L or E
Blue, Black, Red, Yellow & Green Covers
A Book a Year
Any Reason Recommendations

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 19, 2016 03:24PM) (new)

Standard Wobble Rules

◈ Those people who want to keep their Profiles Private, must be willing to "Friend" their Team Captain(s), the NBRC Mod account, or one of the Moderators, to allow page count verification and to assist you if you are having difficulty with your bookshelves.

◈ Books must be started after the start date of the challenge to count towards the challenge

◈ Books must be />100 pages. NOTE: This number is lower than our other team challenges! For page number questions, please check with your captain who can ask in the Captains group for verification.

◈ Audio books are allowed. (For page numbers, use the "default" GR book page numbers.)

◈ No graphic novels. (Sorry.)

◈ Boxed sets are not considered as "one book" and need to be shelved as separate books

◈ No little children's books less than 25,000 words.ArBookFind is a great site to double check. If in doubt, ask your captain.

◈ Any genre counts.

◈ Any book in any language will count, as long as it meets the criteria.

◈ "Re-reads" will be allowed, if it has been six months since you have read the book. This includes listening to the audio version, if you've already read the book.

◈ This challenge involves adding a special bookshelf to your personal GRs bookshelves other than "read." You may choose a preexisting one.

◈ Please wait to be told to which Team you are assigned. It might take awhile; however you will be able to count the books you have read from the START date of the challenge.

◈ Once you actually join, please check-in with your team discussion thread by posting the name of your bookshelf. Remember to add a HYPHEN between words for your bookshelf.

◈ Helpful Tip: Knowing about Sticky Shelves may help you put your assigned bookshelf near the top of your dropdown box.

◈ With MOBILE DEVICES there have been major problems when trying to add books. If that is all you have to access the Internet, or you don't know how to Cut & Paste on it, then this challenge probably is NOT the right fit for you.

◈ Discussion threads will be in the regular NBRC group.

◈ You do NOT have to join the discussion, if you don't want to; communicating via posting a book is good enough. Nevertheless, Your Team wants to know if you are still participating. We understand Real Life gets in the way. However, please plan to "check-in" in some manner at least once every week. If we don't hear from you for two weeks, you may be replaced with another team member.

◈ Books can not be "banked between WOBBLE events. That is, you can't mark as book as "read" during one event (e.g. Battleship), but use it for a separate event (e.g. Wheelathon).
◈ You can start a book after WOBBLE begins and use it in a later event, except if specifically stated. (For example, for the Olympics event it will have its own Date started and read requirements)

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 22, 2016 04:04AM) (new)

Wheel-a-Thon

◈ Wheelathon is the third of five challenges within our W.O.B.B.L.E
◈ To begin, the mods will "spin the wheel" and assign each team a W.O.B.B.L.E themed word
◈ The team's task is to read books to spell out the word for 10 points per letter
◈ The team will get an extra 15 bonus points if all the letters in the word are part of their spell-it-out (i.e. the word is completed)
◈ For each word there will also be a colour task that the team can complete for a colour bonus of 15 points. The colour task will be randomised from the colours and tasks shown below:

Colours:
red
orange
pink
green
purple
blue
brown
black
white
grey
gold
silver

Colour tasks:
-cover colours
-items on cover with colour
-text on cover with colour
-colour in title
-colour found in text

◈ Once teams have read their word they can "re-read" the word to gain more points (10 points per letter, and relevant bonus points) or if they don't like their word, they can re spin the wheel to get a new word and the chance at more bonus points when completed. (Note: wheel can only be re spun if both bonus' have been achieved. That is, the spell-it-out of the word AND the colour task has been completed).

◈ If the team finishes their word, and the two bonus', and elects to get a new word, the number of colour tasks required for bonus points will increase by one with each new word.

◈ Each week the number of colour tasks required for the bonus will decrease by one (to a minimum of one)

◈ If teams spin a word that is a team name from their group of teams (i.e. land, extinct, myth, sea, air, endangered) and they complete the spell-it-out AND the two bonus' for that word, they will receive an additional 100 points!
This 100 point bonus can only be gained once per spin.

◈ Books used for the colour task MUST also be books used for the spell-it-out of that word

◈ All W.O.B.B.L.E rules apply (e.g. page number requirements)

How a "spell it out" works
Spell out the word(s) using the first letter in the book's title, the first letter in the author's, translator's or audiobook narrators first or last name,the first letter in the series name, or the first letter of a character's first, last, or nick-name.

As always, if the first letter of a title starts with an indefinite or definite article ('A', 'An', 'The', etc.), you may use the first letter of the second word in the title to spell out your chosen word.

If your book starts with a number (e.g. 24 Bones) use the number to determine the first letter (in this example, it would be T).

If reading a non-English version, then that edition should be shelved and it is that edition that would be used for the spell-it-out. (e.g. Il nome della rosa could count for a I or a N for the title (as the article is optional to be used).

If reading a non-English version, and a colour in the text is the task, the word can be translated and found in the edition. For example, if reading a book in French and the colour word required to be found in the text is white, "blanc" would be acceptable.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 22, 2016 04:06AM) (new)

EXAMPLE

Team Mods receives the word ZOO at the start of Wheelathon and the colour task GOLD ; Text of colour on cover

Tea readsSorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho for Z (author) and the colour tasks
Kelly reads Oolong Dead for O (title) and Hounded for O (character Oberon).
This gives 30 points (3 letters x 10) plus 15 bonus points for completion and 15 bonus points for completing the colour task. Total 60 points

The team decide they don't want to redo that word and colour task, so they elect to get a new one.
A new random word and colour task is provided, but this time to receive the colour bonus points, Two books need to read the colour task requirement for the colour bonus points.

If the team complete the second word, and still don't like their word and want a third, then three books will need to be read to meet the colour task requirement for the colour bonus points.
etc. etc.

No matter what the team decides to do, at the start of the new week, the colour task requirement for colour bonus points will be reduced by one (to a minimum of one)

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 22, 2016 04:08AM) (new)

Captains notes:

For colours on covers, the colour must be 60% or more of the front cover. Use this colour extractor if you are unsure OR for colours that don't show in the colour extractor (e.g. gold) and you need a second option, get a yes or no answer from your fellow Captains in the Captains Lounge

For the other colour tasks, if you are unsure about a book, you need to get a yes or no answer from your fellow Captains in the Captains Lounge

Where a colour word is required to be found in the text, alternate spellings due to UK/US English is fine (example, Grey / Gray), but the word found must have the meaning as a colour. (So a character called Ms Silver would not work for finding the word "silver", but a silver bracelet would.)

For the 100 point bonus, this can only be achieved once per spin. So, if you receive a word that is within your team group (e.g. I am on Red Panda and I spin the word Tapirs), once we have done the spell-it-out and the colour bonus, we would have 90 points, plus 100 for getting a land team name = total 190 points.
If we decide to read that word again, we would only get 90 points (including the two bonus'). However if we decide to get a new word, and it just happens that the new spin gives us Tapirs again, we can again be eligible for another 100 point bonus.

When you get a new word, it is from a randomised list so it IS POSSIBLE to receive the same word more than once.

For the last week, you will be given 12 hours after the official end to post any additional books and finalise your points.

-------

There are 3 different wheels depending on your team. We will confirm your group just before the start of wheelathon

Group A
teams reading 9 or more books per day on average during wobble
longer words
more of the "difficult" letters

Group B
teams reading 8 - 8.9 books per day during wobble
mixture of long and short words
mixture of letters

Group C
teams reading 7.9 or less books per day during wobble
shorter words
less "difficult" letters

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 22, 2016 04:08AM) (new)

FAQ

Q. Does every team member need to read a book for our wheelathon word?
A. There is no requirement for every team member to read a book for your wheelathon word. So if you get the word ZOO, for example, (not one of the words, just an example) and 2 people can cover that word in one day, then go for it. Then you can elect to re-do the word or spin again.

Previously wheealthon was a new book every week, that is not the case with wobble wheelathon. You will get a word at the start, and then it is totally up to your team to decide when you want to get a new word (and increase the colour bonus requirement).
What does happen every week is that your colour bonus requirement is reduced by one. So if you spin 5 times that week, the colour bonus rerquirement will reduce to 5 at the end of the week (as you start with 1 as a colour bonus requirement, spin 5 times, you would be up to 6, every week it is reduced by 1)

----------------

Q. Can we also use the book's setting as a possible first-letter word?
A. We haven't included it for wheelathon, but have included audio narrator and translator instead

----------------

Q.Can the Narrator's name be used for any edition or is it only eligible when listening to the audio edition?
A. Any edition

----------------

Q.I've always wondered which letter counts if the family name is von something, like Sophie von Kühn. Is it V or K?
A. The rule seems to depend on the origin of the name as to if the "von", for example, is an article in the native language ; or another is people with two last names and the first one is the maiden name. There are so many variables, that I find the easiest way is to search the author on your libraries website and see how they have alphabetised the book :)

----------------

Q.So, if we decide to spin for three words one week (giving us three color bonuses to deal with), do we drop to two colors on the next week or reset to one?
A. Yes, you drop to two
Basically if you keep the same word all week and one colour bonus, at the end of the week, it won't drop to 0. The minimum is always 1

----------------

Q.Can we only read for the newest word that has been spun?
For instance, let's say we're on our fourth word, could we go back and read books for the first and the second word, or can we only read for the newest word that we've received?
A. Just the newest word. Whatever your "current" word is, is what you are allocating books to

----------------

Q. What are the rules for the banked books?
Should they all be used for the first word or can they be used for later words? I.e. can they be banked for later in the Wheel-a-Thon challenge?
A. Yes you can bank books to use later in Wheelathon

----------------

Q. What happens if the colour tasks that need to be done is more than the length of the word?
A. If your colour bonus # requirement exceeds your letters then you would just need to complete every letter with a book that includes a colour tasks (to get the bonus)

So if you word was ZOO
And your colour tasks were:
1.White - colour cover
2.Silver - text on cover
3.Red - items on cover
4.Brown - cover found in text

You may elect to do task 1,3,4 and then re-read ZOO and do 1,3,4 again.

----------------

Q. Regarding the text on cover. Can that be author or any other text found on cover of the book?
A. Any text is fine, but it needs to be on the cover, not like a sticker about an award the book has won, for example

----------------

Q. Can we use middle initials if it's part of an author's name as printed on the book?
Like: Maria V. Snyder?
A. Only First and Last name count. So no middle names or initials. As per the rules:

the first letter in the author's, translator's or audiobook narrators first or last name

----------------

Q. If a book has three narrators, we can use any of them right?
A. Right

----------------

Q.Where do we find out what color task(s) is/are associated with a word?

If you spin for a new word do you keep your original color task and then get a new one? Or do you lose your first and get two new random ones?

A. There will be magic spreadsheets!
You'll choose either new or existing. If you choose existing, it submits your current word and makes a new section with exactly what you had before. If you choose new, it submits your current word and makes a new section with a new word and new color/tasks plus 1 more than you had before.
So if you're doing existing and don't do all your color tasks you can't fill the old ones once you submit them, but you get new ones to fill.

----------------

Q. how prominent does a character have to be for their name to count? Is it anyone mentioned or do they have to appear? Can it be a very side character or do they have to, for example, speak?"
A. they should have a speaking role or at the very least be an active part of the story.
So not something like "Anna remembered her parents Frank and Mary who had died so long ago."
But this can squeak by "Anna could hear Frank, her father, speaking to her even beyond the grave. "Anna," she would hear him say, "You can't judge people by what they do without considering their intentions." She applied that to her life every day, especially today."
Also, if there's something crazy like a mute main character, you can of course use them even though there's no speech.

----------------

Q. characters: can we use an inherited or professional title? Ex. Queen Elizabeth or Inspector Gamache

A. I'm going to go with no. We state that names first and last and nicknames are available for use.
As far as I can tell nicknames don't include "Queen" for the Queen. She apparently has different ones.
But if for instance you have some sort of female drug lord whom everyone refers to as Queen Elizabeth, you can use it :)

----------------

Q. To clarify - you can't spin for a new word, and start reading for that word, until you've completed your current word?
Does the spreadsheet recognise that, and not let you spin again until the current word is completed?
A. Yes. You have to have all the letter rows in to respin. If you want to respin for existing that's all you need. If you want to respin for new you need all the bonuses (or up to the number of letters you have) filled in.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 22, 2016 05:20PM) (new)

Words and Tasks

Current Word and Tasks

Word: Sprint
Task: Gold item on cover

Group C Words

Twelve
Labors
Staff
Sword
Wheel
Buddy
Sprint
NBRCBOM
Dumbo Octopus
Green Dragons
Terror Birds
Brahminy Kites
Tapirs
Dholes
Dragon
Bingo
Humor
Athena
Ancient
Kingdom

A x9
B x8
C x3
D x9
E x11
F x2
G x5
H x5
I x8
K x2
L x4
M x5
N x11
O x13
P x3
R x14
S x10
T x9
U x4
V x1
W x3
Y x2

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome team Swimming Mermalions!

Why don't we all post a bit about ourselves and what we like to read.

I don't know much about our first challenge so far. It's battleship. Each team will get a card and this is the card that we will be firing on rather than another team's card. Last time the squares were genres. I'm not sure if it will be the same for this game.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Lori. I'm originally from Glasgow but came to London for University and never left. I work as a Business Analyst in local government (housing section). I'm going to be 40 this year and I can't quite believe it. No kids and no pets.

I read pretty much anything apart from romance.

message 15: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gembear) | 276 comments Hi everyone.
I'm Gemma, I live in Essex and work in London. I work for an insurance broker. I'm going to be 30 this year and I can't quite believe it either :) No kids and one cat called Lola.

As far as reading goes I will try anything. Favourite author is Stephen King and favourite novel is Pride and Prejudice.

message 16: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 133 comments my name is emeli and i am 26 years old and i come from sweden. i am a half swedish half latina girl that loves romance and my favourite romance couple is elizabeth bennet and mr darcy ( colin firth is so hot)

message 17: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Hei mermalions! (first time I heard about such creatures)

After snooping around in your profiles I think I can shout... hello Europe! :) Seems like we all have the same timezone.

I'm from Estonia - really near to Finland and Sweden (my every summer involves a weekend trip to both countries). Haven't reached Norway and Denmark yet.

Some years ago I turned 30 and stopped counting the years after that, so I'm over 30... hehehee. Two kids and two pets and tons of books :)

Some of you are familiar to me - Pigletto, didn't we battle in the clash of carnies? And Imke, I could bet we were in the same team years ago, but I don't remember the game (it was one of my first team challenges).

I think I can say that I read pretty much everything. Happy to discover new genres and books. That is also the one reason why I take part of such team challenges.

message 18: by Elinaly (last edited Jun 08, 2016 10:03AM) (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Haven't played Battleship before (with books I mean), the rules seemed so complicated, but I'll figure it all out :)

message 19: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 321 comments Hi everyone! :)

My name is Filipa, I'm 27 and I'm from Portugal. I read M/M romance, and even though I like pretty much every sub-genre (well, except erotica, not a big fan of that one), my favorites are historical and fantasy.

I love that we got the mythological theme - never heard of mermalions before either, but that's a fierce looking mascot.

And yes, this looks like team Europe! So great. :)

message 20: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Here is my shelf for wobble, if you need it Pigletto!
1wobble

Do we also have a spreadsheet? Of course we must have one, right?
:D

message 21: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Filipa wrote: "I love that we got the mythological theme - never heard of mermalions before either, but that's a fierce looking mascot.."

Just wanted to ask how you all feel about fantasy, mythology and all those weird creatures.
I love fantasy genre! And all those fantastical creatures, mermaids among them!
So yeah, I'm pretty happy with our team-name and mascot also ;)

message 22: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments PS! I have been in Portugal - Lisbon and around it.
Felt like home, so I'll be definitely visiting this country again soon!

message 23: by Elinaly (last edited Jun 08, 2016 10:47AM) (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Sille wrote: "Hi guys,

I am Sille. I am originally also from Estonia, however for the last 5.5 years I have lived in the UK. I am currently living in Kent and work as a Background Screening analyst. I am 26, go..."

I thought so!!! Because of your name. I suspected! :)
And I promise this is one time only...
Tervitused Eestist!! ;)

(Translation: Greetings from Estonia!)
Just wanted to say something in Estonian - I hope you still speak it ;)

message 24: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments So I went and read the rules of Battleship (again) - our first challenge.
Just want to be prepared early, hehehee.

Points will be rewarded according to guess (hits or miss) and by page numbers of books read and used for task.

Seems like BIG books are in order. Ouch! I still feel like I have hangover from one earlier team challenge which required books with lots of page numbers :D

Btw, how much can you read per week? Do we have speed-readers in our group?

message 25: by Dora (new)

Dora | 94 comments Hello, team!

I'm Dora, 27 years old and from Croatia. I'm reading mostly classics, non-fiction, comics and graphic novels. I'm working at the moment in a law firm as a translator for German.

And I seriously don't know why 'Team Europe' reminded me of Eurovision (the voting was nerve-wrecking this year) XD

message 26: by Imke (last edited Jun 08, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Hi team,

My name is Imke and I live in Rotterdam together with my cat Bob. During the day I work as an associate scientist for a pharmaceutical company and in the evenings (and while traveling to work) I like to relax with a good book. You can also find me in the gym twice a week where I join yoga lessons or do a cardio/weights workout.

My favorite genres are fantasy (urban), paranormal romance, thriller and almost all YA. But I have no problems going outside of my comfort zone and I'll try anything once.

message 27: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Elinaly wrote: "Hei mermalions! (first time I heard about such creatures)

After snooping around in your profiles I think I can shout... hello Europe! :) Seems like we all have the same timezone.

I'm from Estonia..."

Hi Elinaly, maybe we were in a team together before but I think you mainly know me from BOM's. I try to join at least one every month (signed up for all three this month) and I think you're a regular too.

message 28: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Elinaly wrote: "Haven't played Battleship before (with books I mean), the rules seemed so complicated, but I'll figure it all out :)"

I have played battleship before (I was team captain of one of the teams then), but I think the rules are going to be a little different this time around and hopefully simpler.

message 29: by Clare (new)

Clare (wispa694) Hi everyone! I'm Clare, I am 22 and I live in Devon, England and I read primarily Young Adult and Fantasy although I have a real soft spot for Romance!
I look forward to taking part and to getting to know everyone!

message 30: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Sille wrote: "Yes I still speak Estonian. Will be visiting next week with my fiancee. Looking forward to the camping. It is exciting to see some Estonians as don't meet many of them here"

Camping... ahhh if I could I would live in the woods or mountains. And I would hike all day long. Camping is great! And without mosquitoes and ticks even greater! :)

message 31: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Elinaly wrote: "So I went and read the rules of Battleship (again) - our first challenge.
Just want to be prepared early, hehehee.

Points will be rewarded according to guess (hits or miss) and by page numbers of ..."

I read about 3-4 books a week depending on number of pages. Usually the books I read are about 300-350 pages. But I do read some chunksters, I'm reading Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon at the moment (current BOM) which has 864 pages. So it will be more like two books this week.

message 32: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Dora wrote: "Hello, team!

I'm Dora, 27 years old and from Croatia...
And I seriously don't know why 'Team Europe' reminded me of Eurovision (the voting was nerve-wrecking this year) XD"

Yeah, watching Eurovision is like a special evening event for us. Too bad Estonia barely ever gets to sing in finals.

I was in Croatia last year, in summer - gosh it was hot like hell in July! We spent all days basically floating in ocean :D Even in nights it was like over 25C.
I especially loved the day in Paklenica national park, we reached the top of one of the mountains and the view... oh dear!

message 33: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Question for you all. Are planning to go on vacation this summer and if you are going away where are you going to and what are going to do.

I'm planning a week away sometime in September and I want to go to Spain specifically Andalusia. I'm going to do a group tour to different sites in Andalusia.

message 34: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Imke wrote: "Hi Elinaly, maybe we were in a team together before but I think you mainly know me from BOM's. I try to join at least one every month (signed up for all three this month) and I think you're a regular too"

Found it Imke! :)
A year ago team challenge called Wheelathon (Team Emerald). I really liked that challenge! We could have bonus points if we participated in BOMs.

But yes, I also try to participate at least in one BOM discussion every month. At the moment I'm still reading The Shadow of the Wind and seems like I'll pass June.

message 35: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Elinaly wrote: "Imke wrote: "Hi Elinaly, maybe we were in a team together before but I think you mainly know me from BOM's. I try to join at least one every month (signed up for all three this month) and I think y..."

Wheel a thons are my favorites, I like spell out team challenges, the puzzle of placing books to your best advantage is so much fun. And it's fairly easy.

I'm still reading Shadow of the wind too. Once the questins stoppen I stopped. I need to finish it though before the team challenge starts, only books started/finished after 17 June count.

message 36: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Imke wrote: "Question for you all. Are planning to go on vacation this summer and if you are going away where are you going to and what are going to do.
I'm planning a week away sometime in September and I wan..."

Oh, I travel A LOT. The minute I have enough money in my pocket I found myself in airport :D

But this summer I will be touring Estonia with kids. With tent.
I just (in May) came from Ireland (discovered Dublin and south coast by car).

Spain sounds so great! I've been in Mallorca and loved it!

Are you more city-tourist or camper?
I prefer to take my backpack and head to mountains :)
I guess thats why I travel so much - in Estonia our highest "mountain" is 318 metres above sea level.

message 37: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Elinaly wrote: "Imke wrote: "Question for you all. Are planning to go on vacation this summer and if you are going away where are you going to and what are going to do.
I'm planning a week away sometime in Septemb..."

I am a hotel kind of girl, I hate camping. It's the shared bathrooms and sleeping on an airmatress I don't like. I like to take more cultural vacations where I visit churches, museums. But I also like all inclusive beach vacations, these are my relaxing vacations.

message 38: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments PS! I just saw that we have another thread where we should check in (after our captain of course) - All Myth Teams Chatter.

Maybe for some kind of mini-challenges or in between teams battles... ? Or maybe just to get to know eachother better.

message 39: by Elinaly (last edited Jun 08, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments PPS! Just to show you how serious I am about this challenge (and how committed I am), I changed my profile pic :D

Yeah, thats me until the end of the Wobble:
mermalion

message 40: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 321 comments That's a great picture Elinaly!

Speaking of mountains, one of my favorite places is our Peneda-Gêres national park - it's absolutely gorgeous, I try to go there every summer. Never get tired of it. :)

message 41: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 321 comments My shelf, if it's needed: wobble

message 42: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 484 comments Filipa wrote: "That's a great picture Elinaly!

Speaking of mountains, one of my favorite places is our Peneda-Gêres national park - it's absolutely gorgeous, I try to go there every summer. Never get tired of it..."

Ahhh, the pictures of Peneda-Gêres national park I found in google are just... sigh... where is my backpack? Have to get it ready again! :)

message 43: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) Hi guys!

My name is Eli, I am 23 years old and live in Copenhagen. I study web development (currently in the middle of exams, but that should be over before the challenge begins).

I read primarily fantasy, but also a lot of classics and some historical fiction.

Also no kids, but I have a pet dog named Spencer.

message 44: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith Hey team! So hyped for this challenge.

I'm Harry, I'm 19, competitive as hell and thus am beyond pumped for kicking butt with WOBBLE. I am studying Medicine in Leeds starting September and draw and paint in my free time.

My favourite genres are contemporary, LGBT, and modern classics.

message 45: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Hi Eli and Harry welcome to the team.

message 46: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Eli wrote: "Hi guys!

My name is Eli, I am 23 years old and live in Copenhagen. I study web development (currently in the middle of exams, but that should be over before the challenge begins).

I read primari..."

We have some favorite genres in common (Fantasy and Historical fiction), but I read anything to be honest.

Good luck with your exams.

message 47: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments Harry wrote: "Hey team! So hyped for this challenge.

I'm Harry, I'm 19, competitive as hell and thus am beyond pumped for kicking butt with WOBBLE. I am studying Medicine in Leeds starting September and draw an..."

What do you consider modern classics? I also read some LGBT but those are mainly romance novels, do you have any favorites?

message 48: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments I won't be online this evening because I have a Black Light party at work tonight. So I''ll be busy getting messy with neon paint.

message 49: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith Imke wrote: "Harry wrote: "Hey team! So hyped for this challenge.

I'm Harry, I'm 19, competitive as hell and thus am beyond pumped for kicking butt with WOBBLE. I am studying Medicine in Leeds starting Septemb..."

Honestly? The books that are produced by Penguin that have 'Modern Classic' written at the top xD Generally they're written within the last century. I like older classics but the more recent ones are always my favourites and I find them much more readable. And ahhh, favourites for LGBT would have to be The Secret History by Donna Tartt (which has multiple LGBT characters) and Dare Me, which I've just read for a #AYEARATHON.

What about yourself? Any favourites or recommendations to check out for WOBBLE? By the sound of it, a lot of books will be needed xD

message 50: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gembear) | 276 comments I want to go to a Black light party - sounds awesome!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20