Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Dumbo Octopus

Comments Showing 1-50 of 876 (876 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 05, 2016 03:45AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31140 comments Mod
Dumbo Octopus

Mentor: Sonia

Karsyn ~ Captain
Ora ~ Co-Captain
Angie ~ Co-Captain
Alexis
Ashley
Beth (Ducky)
Blakely
Jessie
Megan
Raine
Stacey
Tia S

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:25PM) (new)

Battleship Board

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 5: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Reserved

message 6: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) .

message 7: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) .

message 8: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) .

message 9: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) .

message 10: by Karsyn (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:43AM) (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) About our Team:

Welcome all! I hope you'll enjoy it here on Dumbo Octopus!

When we came up with the idea of animals for team names (thanks Sonia) I claimed sea teams right away. :) I've been in love with sea animals, starting with dolphins, from the time I was a kid. I even have dolphin tattoos (2, the only ones I have, so far), speaking of tattoos! :)

But for the teams I wanted them to be unique and I knew Dumbo Octopuses (Octopi?) would be my team. I fell in love with these little guys from watching the Nautilus Live feeds at the end of the season last year. I didn't see the one that our logo is from, it was during the night when I was sleeping, otherwise I would have saw him live! Here's a gif of what he does (something flew into his eye).

You can find the whole short video HERE and you can follow Nautilus Live as well. I at least pop in a few times every day to see what they are up to.

He's definitely a cute little critter, and I hope you all like him as much as I do! :)

message 11: by Karsyn (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:52AM) (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) About Me:

Hi all!!

Thanks for joining in Wobble, and I hope you'll love being on this team! I am VERY VERY chatty and always around. I've talked to most of you at least a little bit, so I'm hoping this team will be great!

I am Karsyn. I am in my late 30s though act/feel more like I'm in my teens. I'm a child at heart and always try to keep things light and positive. I am married to my Best Friend Jesse, who I've known since we were Juniors in H.S. We've been married over 9 years now.

We both spent most of our lives in Central Fl (Him, all His life, me nearly 22 years) but moved to the mountains of North Carolina in 2012. We prefer it here overall, though we do miss getting out and doing things like we could in FL and we miss the parks, other than that, it's a better place here.

I don't work, so I'm ALWAYS around. If I'm not on GR then I'm reading or playing video games. I built a gaming PC a little over a year ago and I adore him! I named him Widget after the character in The Night Circus.

As for reading, a typical month for me is 25-30 books, though during challenges it's often more. I believe my record for a month was 56 books. :) These challenges make me competitive. I've played in 7, been captain of 5 (I think) of those, and my teams have won 2 of them. So, no pressure, but we're gonna WIN this thing! :) I will read almost anything, if it sounds good to me. I prefer action and suspense over romance and feelings. If it's a book meant to make you cry, I will NOT read it.

And I guess that's about it for me for now. You'll be seeing a lot of me over the next 18 weeks. Get used to it!! ;)

message 12: by Karsyn (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:39AM) (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) About You:

Here's some getting to know you questions for everyone, so we can learn about each other! :)

╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
╰⊰✿ Are you married / single / attached?
╰⊰✿ What do you do?
╰⊰✿ What is your favorite genre?
╰⊰✿ Who is your favorite author?
╰⊰✿ What is your favorite book? (Yes, just ONE!)
╰⊰✿ What are your favorite movies/TV shows?
╰⊰✿ Give us 5 interesting and fun facts about you!! :)

message 13: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Y'ALL HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM TO BE ON A SEA TEAM!!! What a time to be alive!

message 14: by Tia (new)

Tia (fatgirlfatbooks) Yes! I was so hoping that I was on one of the squid/octopus teams! Plus, look at this little guy:

description

message 15: by Blakely (new)

Blakely | 199 comments YESSSS, Octopus is my fave! Guys, I even have an octopus tattoo. This is meant to be. :)

message 16: by ♦Ashley♦ (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments
GIFSoup

Hello Team!! My name is Ashley and I'm from Ohio. I'm 31 and I work as a RN in a 12 bed Emergency Department. Besides reading I love to watch movies, Sing along to music (badly), and play with my fur-baby, Sasha. I'm excited to meet everyone!

message 17: by Jessie (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:16AM) (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Hi all! I'm Jessie. I'm 24, and I currently live in Knoxville with my boyfriend, Bryan. We met in Germany (Berlin) while studying abroad and have been together for four years. I just got my real estate license, and I'm planning to be full-time in it by the end of the summer. I also work as an office manager at a country club. I'm originally from the Georgia coast, so I am a beach girl through-and-through, which is why I'm SO happy to be on a sea team! I went to college in Atlanta and got my degree in public relations.

At the moment, I'm really enjoying historical fiction, especially about the British monarchy. I can't say I have a favorite author though or even favorite books. Any time someone asks me my favorite book I just say Harry Potter. It's a constant. (I'm a slytherin if you were wondering.) Other than that, my favorites change like the tide. (Pun intended.)

Other than reading, I really enjoy traveling and wine. I also love sports. Football - Atlanta Falcons; baseball - Atlanta Braves. I also love cheerleading; I cheered in college. Favorite TV shows include Survivor. I also watched Lost for the first time a few months ago and loved it. I also enjoy HGTV and Bravo.

message 18: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Welcome ladies! So glad to have you here!!

I've updated posts 10, 11, and 12 with some info about how Dumbo Octopus team came to be, info about me, and some getting to know you questions you can chose to do (or not).

Look forward to getting to know you all over the next months!! :D

message 19: by Karsyn (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:51AM) (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) More about me:

╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
We're in a small mountain town in NW North Carolina. There's NOTHING here and the closest Walmart is 25 miles away. We don't have a car, so we're a tad bored here, so online stuffs (mainly GoodReads), gaming and books keep me occupied.

Married to my Best Friend in the world. We consider ourselves Best Friends first, Lovers second and Husband/wife third. :) In fact I only recently got Him to remember our Wedding Anniversary, since we really don't care much about it. We mainly celebrate the day we got "back together" after not seeing each other for 7 years after high school.

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
I don't work. In the past I've done a ton of things. I never got a higher education, so have always been stuck at entry jobs, something I really regret. My favorite job was doing special events in the parks (WDW). I did that for 6 years and loved every moment of it. I miss it. I've worked in different parks (Epcot, Sea World, Islands of Adventure) and miss going all the time. It's a very different lifestyle, having WDW in your back yard.

My fallback genre is definitely mystery/suspense, but I will read anything that sounds good to me regardless of genre. Years ago I would have only really read romantic suspense, but I've really grown as a reader and read all kinds of things now.

Eh. Tricky. My former favorite author (Maya Banks) lost her spot a year or so ago and I really hadn't replaced her. :) Book wise, as in reading the most, I'd have to say Nora Roberts. Between Nora/JD I've read over 90 of her books. Other than that, I'd say Matt Reilly.

HA! How hard will this be for y'all? Not all all for me. My favorite book is The Night Circus. Has been since the day I read it, nothing has come close since!

╰⊰✿ What is your favorite movie/tv show?
Movies: The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, ST First Contact, Titanic, Twister, Cool Runnings, All Harry Potter (especially Azkaban), The Martian
TV: currently not much, just Big Bang Theory & How to get away with Murder. Formerly: NCIS (a season and a half behind, and not please Weatherly left), Warehouse 13, Smallville, Almost Human and much more

╰⊰✿ Give us 5 interesting and fun facts about you!!
1: I enjoy coloring. There's all kinds of colored pages hung up around our place, and more in a drawer. Most are of a more risque nature, rather than just normal adult coloring pages. :)
2: My love of dolphins comes from when I was a child (7 or 8 perhaps) and was picked to go on stage during a dolphin show at a small amusement park. I was pulled around in a boat by 2 dolphins and I got to feed them. I've loved them ever since. I fell in love with Beluga Whales when I worked at Wild Arctic at Sea World. I haven't gotten to swim with dolphins (something I'd LOVE to do) but have experienced them up close many times, including after Sea World was closed with a trainer there (plus, I had a secret way of getting them to come near me when it wasn't feeding time).
3: If I'm not reading, I'm playing video games on Widget. My first gaming love is Puzzle Adventure games, like Portal. But I love a variety of games. Lately I'm on a Skyrim kick, since I discovered it last year. I also love Kingdom Hearts series, Resident Evil series, Batman Arkham series, GTA San Andrea & V, Quantum Conundrum, Talos Principle, Subnautica and much more!

And just found out we have our first need of a replacement on another team, so I'll be back to fill in my last two later. :D (Or not, geeeesh I'm long winded!)

message 20: by Tia (new)

Tia (fatgirlfatbooks) ╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
Middle of Nowhere, Wisconsin, haha! I'll be relocating to Portland at the end of the year, though, which is about the polar opposite!

I live with my boyfriend Adam who is an Alaskan native. He moved out here to my hometown for work and we're moving to be closer to family he has in Washington.

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
I'm a database admin at a manufacturing company. It can be a bit dull sometimes, but that's what audiobooks are for!

Science fiction, definitely! I also read quite a bit of science nonfiction as well.

If number of books read is anything to go by, Isaac Asimov. I love robots and he is one of the masters in that department, so I can't help but love him by extension.

╰⊰✿ What is your favorite book?
If I had to choose one, it'd be I, Robot because of aforementioned robot love, haha!

I hardly watch any movies and the TV shows I like are mostly cartoons: Archer, Bob's Burgers, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, etc. The only "real" show I watch is The Walking Dead.

1. Speaking of The Walking Dead, I've met Norman Reedus. He was one of the sweetest celebrities I've ever met!
2. I have two cats, Isaac and Gert. Isaac is blind (had to have his eyes removed while a kitten) and Gert has a slight spinal malformation, but they're both happy and active cats who love to meow for food at 4:30 a.m., haha.
3. I collect vintage science fiction paperbacks, including a pocket book, which is what they sent to soldiers overseas in WWII (it mentions how to help the war effort inside the book, even).
4. My hair used to reach to my thighs and I'm trying to grow it back out to that length - it's at my tailbone now!
5. I don't sleep with pillows! Yep, you heard me right - no pillows!

message 21: by Diane Woods (last edited Jun 08, 2016 09:29AM) (new)

Diane Woods | 352 comments I'm pretty sure this is my team; I saw my name under this one. If it's not, Karsyn please let me know. I'll answer the questions anyway just in case.

╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
Springfield, MO

Single for about a year and half now. Though that doesn't mean I have stopped looking!

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
I stay with my parents to help take care of my mom. She has diabetes and is confined to a wheelchair.

It is, has been (and probably always be) horror. I started reading Stephen King when I was 10 and I've hooked on spooky books ever since. I am hoping to break out of that shell with this challenge.

Jackie Collins (RIP); John Saul; Dean Koontz; Stephen King. More recent favorites are Blake Northcott, Jack Kilborn and J.A. Konrath.

My favorite book that I could read over and over again is "Where the Heart Is". I just love that one.

Law and Order: SVU is my ABSOLUTE favorite of all time. Other include House, The Catch, Blindspot and Castle. My favorite movies are "Now You See Me", "Taken" and "Jurassic Park". Although "Jurassic World" now holds a special place in my heart as well.

1. I have the most adorable puppy known to man. I would show you, but I have no idea how to put a picture on here.

2. I love to sing and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. That said, I also love karaoke and my favorite karaoke song is "She's in Love With the Boy" from Trisha Yearwood.

3. I went to Isesaki, Japan with my choir in my senior year of high school and it was the most amazing adventure of my life!

4. I love Dr. Pepper and chocolate, in that order.

5. My favorite actress is Jennifer Lopez. I have seen all of her movies and my favorite is "Enough".

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments I was so excited to see I was on Karsyn's team!! I believe she was on my first team challenge ever and she's such a great captain, so we are in for a treat!

Also, can we just talk about how cute our mascot is??

message 23: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments ╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
-I live in Michigan is a suburb of Detroit! (this bit of information will come up later)

-I've lived with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years and we've been dating for a little over 3 years. I like to say we are engaged to be engaged LOL.

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
-I work at Barnes & Noble. Yep, be jealous :D

-I always will love mystery/thriller but currently I've been reading so much smut its hard to say that's not my favourite genre at the moment.

-Colleen Hoover, Janet Evanovich, KA Tucker, Elle Kennedy, Gillian Flynn, Tana French- just to name a few.

-Easy. In the Woods by Tana French. I own five different editions of this book and am on the lookout for more.

-Movie: Grease. TV show: Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill

╰⊰✿ Give us 5 interesting and fun facts about you!!
1. I am a season ticket holder for the Detroit Tigers. We're only 30 minutes from the ballpark so we go to several games a year. I go with my boyfriend, who....
2. I met on Twitter! That's right. We met on Twitter through sports, started Skyping about a year after that, hung out in person one day and he came over (3 hours away) to my house the next week and we've been dating ever since.
3. Sports in general is a huge passion of mine. I will watch anything. And I mean anything.
4. I am a planner. I have two Kikki K's and 2 Erin Condren's with one on the way and I use them all. I use them to plan out my life and it's awesome. I would make a great personal assistant.
5. I really hate mustard

message 24: by Blakely (new)

Blakely | 199 comments Hey everyone! Hey Karsyn, super happy to be working with you as megacaptain. I can't remember which team we've been on together before, but I definitely remember your massive reading numbers. You're gonna have to teach me some of those skills.

╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
I'm originally from a little town on NE Oklahoma, but I came to the Kansas City area for grad school and I've been here for about 8 years now.
Attached going on a few years
╰⊰✿ What do you do?
I'm a social worker at a community mental health center. I'm in the emergency services department so I primarily do assessments for mental health treatment and some therapy too. Never dull...
Anything that gives me that escape feeling. Usually paranormal or dystopian type stuff. Historical fiction is just about the only thing I just can't get into much.
In mixed company I'll say it's Margaret Atwood, but purely for fun it's Richelle Mead ;)
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
╰⊰✿ What is your favorite movie/tv show?
Movie: The Breakfast Club. TV totally depends on my mood and how badly I need to recover from a crazy work day.
1. I have 4 pets at home, 2 basset hounds, Milton and Annie; and 2 cats, littermates, Henry and Fancy.
2. I was the captain of my high school quiz bowl team, and I still DVR Jeopardy every day.
3. I'm left handed, but I can only use scissors with my right hand
4. (cheating, kind of already mentioned this) I have a big tattoo of an octopus holding an hourglass on my right leg
5. I hate pickles. Or cucumbers in any form really...

message 25: by Blakely (new)

Blakely | 199 comments Diane Woods wrote: "
╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
Springfield, MO

╰⊰✿ ..."

Hey there, we're practically neighbors! :)

message 26: by Tia (new)

Tia (fatgirlfatbooks) It seems that we have a pretty good mixture of genres covered here, which will hopefully make Battleship easier! I think that's the first challenge, if I remember correctly - do we really have to wait nine days to start?!

message 27: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look forward to on weekdays hahaha

message 28: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look forward to on weekdays hahaha"

My boyfriend and I are so good at these shows! Wheel of Fortune is mine and Jeopardy is his. It's so fun!

message 29: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look forward to on weekdays hahaha"

My bo..."

We're a really good team. We want to go on Wheel during a couples week because we know we'd kick some major tail.

message 30: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) ╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
I'm from California. I moved to Charlotte, North Carolina in 2002 with my family.

I'm have been married for 27+ years

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
For the majority of my adult life I have been a stay at home mom.

Depending on my mood it's between PNR, dystopian and historical.

Nalini Singh, Laura Lee Gurkthe, Mary Balogh, Gena Showalter, Jeaniene Frost

I will go with the one I have reread the most times. And Then He Kissed Her

GoT, The 100, Walking Dead, Project Runway, Ink Master. Can't think of what else off the top of my head

I love to bake. My boys and husband refer to autumn and winter as my baking season since I don't do as much when it get warm.

I read ~25 books a month, sometimes more if they are short

I was in the Navy for 4 years

I love animals. I have just 1 cat now who is getting up there in years.

I love doing anything crafty

message 31: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Hey Diane!

Nice to see you, and you are in the Sea Teams, but you are over at Jewelled Umbrella Squids.

Catching up with the rest of you after lunch! Glad to see everyone getting in here!

message 32: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Ora wrote: "╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
I'm from California. I moved to Charlotte, North Carolina in 2002 with my family.

╰⊰✿ What do ..."

OOOOOH what's your kitties name? (they are all kitties to me, no matter the age)

message 33: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Okay so can we talk pets!? Who has pets? What kind? How old are they? What are they like?

message 34: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Okay so can we talk pets!? Who has pets? What kind? How old are they? What are they like?"

LOL. Sure you can talk pets. There will probably be an official pets question soon though. The Sea Teams are getting together to ask questions all through the week til Wobble.

Stay Tuned for that!

message 35: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Karsyn wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Okay so can we talk pets!? Who has pets? What kind? How old are they? What are they like?"

LOL. Sure you can talk pets. There will probably be an official pets question soon t..."

I'm getting ahead of myself! LOL That sounds exciting!

message 36: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Well, some teams are doing a reading challenge before the challenge but the Sea Teams captains decided we'd rather take a rest of reading before the challenge. Not going to go crazy on books and get booked out before it even begins!

So, we're gonna do some getting to know you questions. We'd have come up with it sooner but I haven't been feeling well and today is the first day I've felt almost 100%.

message 37: by Blakely (new)

Blakely | 199 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

My bo..."

Yesss, see, that's why I love these challenges. I get to connect with my people. No one else in my world gets the Jeopardy love. K will only let me keep 5 of them at a time on the DVR ever since I had neglect the list for a while and had 32 unwatched episodes piled up...oops :)

message 38: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Ora wrote: "╰⊰✿ Where are you from?

..."

He's an orange tabby named Liger. My middle son named him when he was around 10 years old.

message 39: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Yeah I don't think I would want to do a reading challenge right before the challenge starts. I feel like I would get fizzled out

message 40: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Blakely wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look forward to on we..."

Yeah people look at me funny when they find out I watch them a lot. And if I'm at a restaurant with a TV, I'll ask them to turn it on even if I can't hear it!

message 41: by ♦Ashley♦ (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments ╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
-A small town in Ohio.

-I am married to my husband of...counting on my fingers...8 years. We met through mutual friends when we were 18/19.

╰⊰✿ What do you do?
-I am a registered nurse in a 12 bed ER. I love the pace and the craziness of the Emergency Department. There is always something different and you are forced to really develop your critical thinking skills.

-My favorite genre, since I was a teen, has been horror and thriller/suspense. I remember reading a lot of Goosebumps and Fearstreet way back when. Surprisingly, I don't seem to have very many horror books on my completed shelf. Although I will give anything that sounds interesting a shot, I prefer horror, mystery, fantasy and sci-fi. I typically don't like romance, but if there's some action involved I will give it a try.

-Hmmm...I don't really have a favorite. Recently I have been enjoying Jennifer Armentrout and Diana Rowland, but I don't think I have read enough to call them favorites.

-My favorite book is Watchers by Dean Koontz.

-Oh geez...My favorite movie is even tougher to answer than my favorite book. A few of my favorite movies are Jaws, Anything by John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, ect), Pan's Labyrinth, and Tarantino movies (Pulp Fiction, Planet Terror, ect).
My favorite TV shows are/were Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Orange is the New Black, Sons of Anarchy, and Justified. I'm currently working on finishing Hannible and The Americans.

1) I am a diet coke addict and have to force myself to drink water between diet cokes.
2) I am not a picky eater, but I hate olives, green and black. If they touch my food in any way I can still taste the olive juice on it and can't eat it by association.
3) We have not had cable for many years because we pretty much stream everything, but I still really miss Whee of Fortune and Jeopardy. I get really excited if I'm at my mom's house when it comes on.
4) I love to play board and card games. I once tried to count how many I own, but kept getting distracted and gave up.
5) I love to spoil my pit bull Sasha and we are considering rescuing a brother or sister for her.
Sasha sitting pretty photo Sasha 9.11.15_zpst9rdxizs.jpg

message 42: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments ♦Ashley♦ wrote: "╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
-A small town in Ohio.

-I am married to my husband of...counting on my fingers...8 years. We met through mutual friends when we wer..."

Sasha is SO cute :D such a little puppy. I love her

message 43: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Blakely wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look forward to on we..."

Yesssss!! Lord all of our friends call us grandparents when we talk about Jeopardy!

message 44: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments It makes me sad that OITNB comes back on the very day that WOBBLE starts D:

message 45: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Blakely wrote: "and I still DVR Jeopardy every day. "

LOL, my boyfriend and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night! It's what I look ..."

I get a weird feeling of satisfaction when someone from my state is on either show and they do well! Please tell me I'm not the only one

message 46: by ♦Ashley♦ (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "♦Ashley♦ wrote: "╰⊰✿ Where are you from?
-A small town in Ohio.

-I am married to my husband of...counting on my fingers...8 years. We met through mutual fr..."

Thanks!! We love her too!! I'll post more pics throughout the challenge if you guys want to see them;)
So happy to hear I'm with my PEOPLE...Wheel and Jeopardy lovers unite!!
That's so funny, my husband and I have competitions also when we are able to watch. I always win Wheel, he wins Jeopardy.

message 47: by ♦Ashley♦ (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "It makes me sad that OITNB comes back on the very day that WOBBLE starts D:"

I know!! But I'll end up watching the whole season in a day LOL ;)

message 48: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments ♦Ashley♦ wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "It makes me sad that OITNB comes back on the very day that WOBBLE starts D:"

I know!! But I'll end up watching the whole season in a day LOL ;)"

Me too and maybe they will post it a couple hours early like they did last year! I've been waiting for season 4 for a YEAR so I am definitely watching it that first day!

message 49: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Seymour (bookishjaja) | 233 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I get a weird feeling of satisfaction when someone from my state is on either show and they do well! Please tell me I'm not the only one "

Absolutely not! For some reason, people from Georgia are on Jeopardy a ton, and I get very prideful. I also saw a girl in my sorority at another school on Wheel and literally died.

message 50: by ♦Ashley♦ (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments I have never looked into becoming a contestant. Is it hard?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18