Contemporary YA discussion

YA Books Made into TV Shows > Books That Should be TV shows

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Have you ever read a book and pictured it as a TV show.

Or maybe you love a book so much you want it to be a TV show.

Let's discuss them here.

message 2: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
SO.MANY.TO.COUNT!
Almost every book I read I immediately make a dreamcast for a possible movie/tv show in my head.

I think The Lunar Chronicles, Six of Crows, The Wrath and the Dawn and Throne of Glass would make perfect movies, they are so visual! A Court of Thorns and Roses as well!

The Selection series and The Glittering Court would be a great TV show. Idk, maybe An Ember in Ashes too, although I think it would be better as a movie.

I'm currently reading Of Poseidon, the first in the Sirena Legacy trilogy. I think it could be an awesome tv show as well!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Natália wrote: "SO.MANY.TO.COUNT!
Almost every book I read I immediately make a dreamcast for a possible movie/tv show in my head."

Those are all epic books and done right would make excellent TV. The right network like HBO could do them justice.

Sarah J Mass announced in her newsletter last fall that her Throne of Glass series has been optioned for TV, but is not in development yet. When or if there is casting I'll share all the details here. I don't have a pick for Celaena, but wouldn't Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) make an awesome Nehemia?

I haven't listened to Six of Crow, The Wrath and the Dawn, or The Glittering Court, but I have them all and hope to get to them this summer. I need to check out Poseidon..I'm intrigued. There's a good chance all the books you mentioned have been optioned for TV or Movies. Many books are, but they never get developed.

message 4: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "Sarah J Mass announced in her newsletter last fall that her Throne of Glass series has been optioned for TV, but is not in development yet. When or if there is casting I'll share all the details here. I don't have a pick for Celaena, but wouldn't Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) make an awesome Nehemia?"

YAYY, I hope it does soon! Kat Graham is my top pic for Nehemia too! I have some picks for Celaena, like Karlie Kloss (i know she's not an actress, but she is tall and elegant and I can easily imagine her as an assassin, but still girly and fashionable) and Amber Heard (she is older and green eyed, BUT I picture a more younger Amber as the perfect Celaena). There are other gorgeous dreamcasts on Tumblr, but I don't know the names of the actresses or models.