♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

BR & BOTM Archives > BR (12) - Shubham - Vinny; Start date ----> 1st June

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments Hi Vinny

message 2: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments Hi Shubham. Thanks for creating the thread. :)

What would you like to read?

I started reading The Night Circus last night, just 5% done. Would you like to read it?

message 3: by Anshita (new)

Anshita (_book_freak) Hey Shubham and Vinny! Enjoy the buddy read together!

Btw, Shubham, how's the LOTR reading going? I've been meaning to message you, but this juggling with three books, gets me flustered. I'm only left with a hundred pages, then off to the Twin Towers (not literally:P)
What's your progress?

message 4: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments Yes, we can read The Night Circus. It looks interesting. I will start reading it.

message 5: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments @Anshita I have only read 150 pages till now. I started reading some other book in the middle of it. Hoping to make some progress this weekend.

message 6: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments Anshita- Thank you :)

Shubham- All right then. Would you want to discuss on the go or after we finish reading?

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 61 comments Awesome enjoy the book guys I have this book on my the shelf :)

message 8: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments Thanks Tiffany. :)
So far the book seems really good to me.

message 9: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments @Tiffany - Thank You.

@Vinny - Looks like the book is divided in 5 parts. We can discuss after each part?

message 10: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments Okay, lets do that.

message 11: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments How much have you read?

message 12: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments 17% so far. What about you?

message 13: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments I just started it. I am on the chapter Magic Lessons.

message 14: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments I finished the first part. So far it's quite amazing.

(view spoiler)

Including spoiler in case you haven't finished reading yet.

message 15: by Anshita (new)

Anshita (_book_freak) Hey Shubham, if you're done with Part 1 of LOTR, I would like to discuss that. Let me know as and when you finish. :)

message 16: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments Just finished the first part. I really like the way the whole story is told told without focusing on one thing. As you said everything, including the circus, is described in such a fascinating way that it makes you want to be there.

The characters are all interesting. The man in grey suit is definitely mysterious. Chandresh seemed a bit eccentric to me. He just wants to do something out of the ordinary, something remarkable.

The way Celia and Marco are trained is contrasting. Marcos is just taught theory while Celia is always forced to practice. I think that's why he does not feels that impressive compared to Celia. She is always doing something flashy. I think he realizes in the last chapter that he needs to do something more if he wants to challenge her.

message 17: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments Anshita I am around 350+ pages. It will take some time as I will first finish The Night Circus. Should be done a week probably.

message 18: by Anshita (new)

Anshita (_book_freak) No problem, Shubham!

message 19: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments Hey I finished the book. :D
It was amazing. Let me know when you're done, we'll discuss after that.

message 20: by Damini (new)

Damini | 860 comments It is one of those books that stays with you for a long time after you've finished reading, one that you cherish re-reading again and again. There's this mystical vibe surrounding the pages (although I don't have a paperback, I wish I did) of the books and I loved every bit of it.

I agree with you, the story-telling is brilliant. It does not focus on a single character or a particular event at a stretch. It takes you away from one place to another almost instantaneously and holds your attention throughout. I don't know why i could not read more than 2-3 chapters at a time while reading, I tried but couldn't just concentrate. It took a long time to finish but it's totally worth it.

message 21: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments I finished the book. It was a unique experience. It was different from what i usually read and i really liked it. I think a sequel would be great.

message 22: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kumar | 306 comments I think there should have been from the point of view of Celia and Marco. I felt the whole thing was rushed.
The chapters about Bailey, Poppet and Widget were a treat. They provided a different prospective about circus. I liked when they were exploring the circus.

♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Night Circus (other topics)