Shut Up & Read discussion

Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 584} Broken by Angela B. Chrysler

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15097 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Broken

Author: Angela B. Chrysler

Genre: Memoir written so it reads like a fiction novel: Psychological Thriller/horror/gothic romance. Psychology, creative non-fiction, self-help, BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) Trauma, PTSD

: Formats Available: Mobi, Epub, Pdf

Pages: 312

Synopsis:

And Death it calls as the stone crow breaks. Streaks of blood malform its face.

Death becomes its withered eyes and the shadows whisper, “Lies.”

When a young journalist, William D. Shaw, seeks out Elizabeth, an acclaimed author, in hopes to write her biography, the recluse grants him twenty-four hours to hear her story. What unfolds are events that teeter on the edge of macabre and a psychological thriller.

Together, they descend into the bowels of psyche and examine her past filled with neglect, rape, abuse, torture, and pedophilia to explore the psychology of a human being who has lived her entire life without love, comfort, family, physical contact, affection, therapy, or medication.

As William tries to understand Elizabeth’s decisions to embrace an isolated life, he witnesses Elizabeth’s multiple mental conditions that send her spiraling into the worlds of her psyche all while toggling the lines of insanity.

Broken takes you inside the mind of a trauma survivor while one survivor relives the memories that resulted in her mental conditions. Experience what BPD and PTSD is like from the inside.

WARNING: ADULTS ONLY. Broken is vivid, powerful, and not suitable for some audiences. If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, I strongly recommend that you do not read this until a therapist says you are ready Readers are strongly cautioned. “Broken” portrays sensitive subject matters including animal abuse, drug reference, torture, and graphic sexual violence. There is strong language, drug reference and is not suitable for some audiences.

Everyone to sign up leaving their email address, format they require will receive this free ebook for review

Review Due Date: June 28, 2016

message 2: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Jul 19, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Reviewers
Tracey- trawill726@gmail.com -mobi
Wendy- callejaswendy@gmail.com -pdf
Michele- chelebell6698@hotmail.com -mobi

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tracey_williams) | 52 comments trawill726@gmail.com
Mobi
Thank you

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tracey, I have added you.

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (prettypieceoffiction) | 24 comments Hello,

My email is callejaswendy@gmail.com and preferred format is pdf.

Thanks!

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments chelebell6698@hotmail.com i have a kindle

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Left my review. Thank you for letting me review this book

message 9: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michele wrote: "Left my review. Thank you for letting me review this book"

Can you post a link to your review here, please?

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Left my review. Thank you for letting me review this book"

Can you post a link to your review here, please?"

Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Left my review. Thank you for letting me review this book"

Sorry i dont know how. If you tell me how to get it i will gladly do it

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Left my review. Thank you for letting me review this book"

Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Left my review. Thank you ..."

No problem. I didn't know how to do it at first either. Go to the book's page. Click on the tab that says see review. It will take you to your review page. Copy and paste the link at the top of your review page. I hope this helps.

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michele, thank you for your review.

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments /book/show/25880606-broken" style="float: left; padding-right: 20px">BrokenBroken by Angela B. Chrysler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is an amazing story. I really got u into Elizabeth's emotions. I'm not sure if I would have been able to go through what she went through and still be a little sane. This book is definitely emotional. It definitely gets you thingking about what she and many other people go through. Thank you for letting me review this.

message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Thank you, Michele.

message 15: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

Ur welcome hope i did it right

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

Ur welcome hope i did it right"

You copied the review not the link but that is fine. Did you understand my instructions? Do you need me to go through it again?

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

This is your review link https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 18: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

You copied the review not the link but that is fine. Did you understand my instructions? Do you need me to go t..."

I thought i did it but i think i picked the blog review lol i am so not good at this

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

You copied the review not the link but that is fine. Did you understand my instructions? Do you n..."

Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

You copied the review not the link but that is fine. Did you understand my instructions? Do you n..."

Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele | 13 comments Leigh wrote: "Michele wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Thank you, Michele."

This is your review link https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Ok finally i figured ot out. Thank you for being patient with me.

message 21: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Michelle, I am so glad I could help.

message 22: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (prettypieceoffiction) | 24 comments Here is a link to my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 23: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Wendy wrote: "Here is a link to my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Thank you for your review.

message 24: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tracey_williams) | 52 comments Posted review in good reads https://www.goodreads.com/Tracey_Will...
And I posted on Amazon but my review is not showing yet. I'm under Twill726

message 25: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tracey, thank you for your review.