YA Fiction Books, Readers, Writers, and Reviewers discussion

Book Club > JULY BOTM suggestions here :)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.H. (last edited Jun 18, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

L.H. Nicole | 67 comments Mod
Okay readers :) I am getting an early start on July's BOTM suggestion because June and July are going to be crazy town for me. (I just accepted a new position that will move me from one side of the country to the other and I have writing deadlines I must meet so..........................) AND I'd like to give everyone more time to participate and get their hands on the chosen book.
That said, I am posting the July suggestion thread now and this month's genre is THRILLER/MYSTERY!
This is one of my fav genres outside para and fantasy so I've got a lot of suggestions. But here's my three:
The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1) by Maggie Hall
Lies I Told (Lies I Told, #1) by Michelle Zink
Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1) by Heather W. Petty
Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1) by Kat Carlton
This thread will remain open until June 20th, at which point I will put up the poll to vote on.
I can't wait to see everyone's suggestions! Please don't think I am discounting GODLESS by getting this started early. I am really excited to see what you all think about that one :)
~LH

message 2: by Angela (last edited Jun 07, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Angela Myron (angelamyron) | 7 comments Wait...Are you moving to California??? I assumed you were going to Florida Disneyland. If you'll be here in CA, I am SO EXCITED!!!! PM me if we can get together.

Oh boy--I JUST read that we're doing thriller/mystery. LOL. Deleting my suggestions to come up with some genre-appropriate ones.

Okay, these look interesting:
Holding Smoke by Elle Cosimano
A Shard of Ice (Black Symphony, #1) by Alivia Anders
The Outliers (The Outliers, #1) by Kimberly McCreight
The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North

message 3: by L.H. (new)

Angela wrote: "Wait...Are you moving to California??? I assumed you were going to Florida Disneyland. If you'll be here in CA, I am SO EXCITED!!!! PM me if we can get together.

Oh, so anyway, I'd love to read an..."

Other cross country--going down to Florida :) sorry for the confusion hehe

message 4: by Angela (last edited Jun 07, 2016 08:02AM) (new)

Angela Myron (angelamyron) | 7 comments Aw. :( California is sad. But congrats on Florida. The job looks amazing, just like your desserts!

message 5: by L.H. (new)

Angela wrote: "Aw. :( California is sad. But congrats on Florida. The job looks amazing, just like your desserts!"

<3 U!!!!!!

message 6: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Angela, these all look great! Haven't heard of any of them before.

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments LH, these look interesting! I'm sensing a theme here. :)

A Book Addict's YA Palace | 6 comments I wanted to finally get a chance to chime in on a BOTM selection :)
I second LH's
Lies I Told (Lies I Told, #1) by Michelle Zink
and add
The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson
and
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter
Can't wait to see what else gets suggested :)

message 9: by Brookie (new)

Brookie Cowles | 13 comments I love the Conspiracy of us. I also like the Ruby Red Trilogy. I think it fits the thriller/mystery genre

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Chant (cchant) I'd like to nominate:

The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry
The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry

Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls by Mary Downing Hahn
Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls by Mary Downing Hahn

message 11: by L.H. (new)

Brookie wrote: "I love the Conspiracy of us. I also like the Ruby Red Trilogy. I think it fits the thriller/mystery genre"

I would think the Ruby Red trilogy fits!

message 12: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Henry (gmhenry) | 13 comments So what did we decide? I finished Godless, but late... I don't normally read a lot of thriller/mysteries, but I look forward to it.

message 13: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Gregory wrote: "So what did we decide? I finished Godless, but late..."

Gregory--it's not too late to post your thoughts on Godless! I'd love to know what you think of it.

message 14: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Henry (gmhenry) | 13 comments Peggy - I have added some of my thoughts after reading Godless, in the appropriate forum... Very late... But also there weren't a lot of comments or thoughts in that forum yet. It's hard to believe that we have so many members in this group and so very little thoughts about the books. Oh well, sorry for the late input on my part!

message 15: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Gregory wrote: "Peggy - I have added some of my thoughts after reading Godless"

I really loved your thoughts on characters being "gifted" by the author. Has a lot of relevance to this month's "Conspiracy of Us" book, too.