paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Kayla and the Devil
This topic is about Kayla and the Devil
group reads archive > June Group Read - Kayle and the Devil 100% Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Kayla and the Devil won our group read for this month.
It won by 6 votes so I"m hoping we have a great group read this month.
Please remember to comment only to the spoiler %. No spoiler tags required.

Enjoy :)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
Wow, I've had this one for a long time now, so I'm in!

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Maxine wrote: "Wow, I've had this one for a long time now, so I'm in!"

My library doesn't have a copy, so I may just have to break down and buy one.... :)

message 4: by Justin (last edited Jun 07, 2016 10:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "Maxine wrote: "Wow, I've had this one for a long time now, so I'm in!"

My library doesn't have a copy, so I may just have to break down and buy one.... :)"

Mine is probably still lendable. Pm me an email to send it to and i will check, i also have the sequel.

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
Awsome book!

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I stopped after chapter 12, 27% and am really enjoying it so far. I like Kayla even though she is a shallow, tactless bitch. I think this is going to be great fun. :)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 50%.

I'm not reading the rest of the discussion yet because I'm only at 30%, but I'm finding this one to be a quick read. Interesting premise, I wonder how Kayla is going to get out of this one! So far she's met The Devil, had a message from Lady Bathory, and been rescued from eminent death by Jack the Ripper. I wonder who else will show up. She does seem like a huge jerk and self-centered but I think that will make her a good match for he devil. Fun.

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 75%.

I'm still at 50% but really enjoying the read so far.
I thought the angel might have had more to offer her apart from purgatory, that wasn't a great deal especially as she'll still be shunned. It looks like she's just going to have to take a life.

I'm wondering who else will show up too. :D

I'm caught up more or less. I agree with Kate about Daniel, the angel guy, why wasn't he more helpful? Angel guy needs to be more competitive with the devil's people, lol. As for 75% mark, I thought Lee's friend might be more helpful in her quest to take a life...interesting how that turned out.

message 11: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 100%.

Just past the part with Lee's friend and should have known that it would not be okay for Kayla to take the life of someone who wanted to die.
I think Lee will have another idea to save the day and I like that Kayla is starting to feel real remorse over how she's treated others and seeing Lee is a different light.

message 12: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm hoping to finish this over the next day or so.

Kimberly if you want to give this a quick read let me know as I can send it to you as soon as I've finished it. :)

Kate wrote: "Spoilers changed to 100%.

Just past the part with Lee's friend and should have known that it would not be okay for Kayla to take the life of someone who wanted to die.
I think Lee will have anothe..."

Yes, I spent most of the book hoping that she'd at least learn to calm down with the nasty comments!

I finished this one up....

I found some of the ending a little hard to believe, let me know when you finish up Kate, so we can discuss!

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 267 comments I'm late to the party but I started this and like it so far. It's strongly labeled as urban fantasy but it seems like standard Bryan Smith horror so far. Which is a good thing.

11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I'm late to the party but I started this and like it so far. It's strongly labeled as urban fantasy but it seems like standard Bryan Smith horror so far. Which is a good thing."

Hi Eleven!! I hope you like this one, I found it to be a pretty clever premise.

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 267 comments Maxine wrote: "11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I'm late to the party but I started this and like it so far. It's strongly labeled as urban fantasy but it seems like standard Bryan Smith horror so far. Which is a good thin..."

Hey Maxine! So far this does seem more fun than Smith's splatterpunk stuff. Still horror-ish though. I think I just like everything he writes.

message 17: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm finished and thought the ending was slightly anti-climatic. I'm not sure why the Devil didn't feel that Kayla had reneged on the deal by just producing Lee's hand.
I also wish that Kayla could have met up with Lee again, I felt she owed him an apology for the way she had acted but I'm glad his sacrifice had such an affect on her.
The second book looks quite good and to be honest I didn't guess about Summer being a vamp.