What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction; Two alien races, nature cones and rage monsters; YA age group; 3+ books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marco (new)

Marco Kuis | 1 comments I read this series about 15 years ago give or take. It was in the young adult section of the library and I think there were at least 3 books or so. The main identifying features were two alien races.

One race was cone shaped and if I recall correctly very nature oriented. I believe they used nature-oriented technology, and could grow machines. There was something about covering huge areas of water with these plants.

Of the other I recall that they were physically strong and had a lot of natural weapons. They wanted to be civilized and usually were, but they built up a hormone of some sort that required them to release by going into aggressive rages at regular intervals. They may have had special events, rituals or locations dedicated to venting their rage hormones. Being stranded with one was extremely dangerous if they could not vent.

The central overarching story was about how these three races (the two above and humans) would try to live together and learn from one another but their differences put them on edge constantly and there was always tension.

Does anyone know what series this is?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Marco, are you still looking for this or did you find it?