Polyandry Menage Romance discussion

General > Saying Hi!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Talltree (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:28AM) (new)

Talltree | 167 comments Mod
This thread is for intros! I will start with mine! I'm Anita! I'm 39 years old as of this month( Yep! A Gemini!) and have been reading romances from the time I was 15, I think maybe even younger. I started with HPs( then called Mills and Boon) and bodice rippers and while I loved a few most of them seemed misogynistic and not very modern at all. I slowly moved away from romance to pulp fiction , thrillers and fantasy.
Around the time Twilight was published, I started reading more PNR and then UF and these days I read only romance!
I love the NOW in romance because there's something for everyone, there are fantastic indie authors. Polyandrous menage ( menage romances with a woman at the center -either MFM or MMF - aka Reverse Harem) has flourished as a sub-genre. My first experience with that was Laurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series and I was hooked!! I looked for those books wherever possible, usually I found it in the erotic romance publisher sites or indie author's. There still aren't as many books or authors in this genre as I would like, but lets all get together and enjoy what is there and maybe slowly there will be more!!

So what about you? What are your hobbies? When did you discover polyandrous menage?

message 2: by BookAddict (new)

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 10 comments

*Waves*

I am 40 and will be 41 in July. I am a busy bumble bee who never stops working. I love to read. I started reading erotica when I was 12. They were very hard to find. And my mother hated all romance books so those were hard to find too. She still hates them and tries to belittle me about them.

I have gone through many phases of romance/erotic reading. My focus now is more BDSM than anything else. I do enjoy UF and PNR. I tend to read pretty much anything deviant.

I do enjoy poly. My first experience with Emma Holly and her menage ones. It intrigued me. I also enjoyed Lora Leigh's Bound Hearts series back in the mid-2000s.

I too am a total fan of LKH's Merry Gentry. For poly, I read it all. Mmm, Mfm, Mmf, Fff, Fmm, Fmf and multiple partners. I don't necessarily believe the more the merrier. I just enjoy it as long as all enjoy it. My favourite are probably the triad ones where each person has an intimate (including sexual) relationship with each other and then as a whole. I am not as fond of ones where one person is the center and the other two are friends but not intimate with each other.

message 3: by Talltree (new)

Welcome Bookaddict, we're honored lol! You write such great reviews and do so much in your group, its great to have you here!! So your birthday is next month? I hope its a good one - Forties are the best! At least in my experience,lol:)

Its nice that you're open to reading all kinds of poly relationships, I can see what you mean about a triad where all of them care about each other as opposed to one person being at the centre. The former certainly feels more fair and equitable, like in an MMF relationship, but I confess I like the idea of a woman in the centre, like in a reverse harem,lol, but thats just my personal reading preference!

Looking forward to having you on here BA!

message 4: by BookAddict (new)

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 10 comments Having the woman in the center of attention is delicious too. :)

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Riley (goodreadscom_sffdragon) | 5 comments Hello everyone,

My name is Sue, I was 54 a couple of weeks ago, and also a Gemini. I've been an avid reader all my life, and got hooked on Fantasy at the age of 4 when our school headmistress used to turn Friday morning assembly into story-time, starting with 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'. I grew up on Gerry Anderson series, Arthur C. Clark and C.S. Lewis. My mum got me hooked on romance and I've been reading Mills & Boon (Harlequin in the US) since I was about 8, but then, it was the sixties so very gentle and tame, but I loved the HEAs and got hooked on those too. I started reading PNR and SFR about 20 years ago when they were almost impossible to find, but I was given a Palm for Christmas 2003 and the first book I bought PNR, there was no shortage in eBooks, then I got hooked on UF. I've bought thousands since and loved a lot of them, but hated others. I love Polyamoury books of all kinds, mfm/mmf/mfmmmmmm, as long as everyone is committed and there's a together forever HEA for them as a single family unit. I absolutely hate and will not read anything with more than one F, or series where an m drops out with each book and gets his own F, that smacks of the first F just being used as some kind of toy, and I don't like BDSM either, no matter how you wrap it up, it's still abuse, although some of the books I've loved have had some kind of dominant male and 'light' BDSM. I don't really like historical romance, the so-called bodice rippers and avoid them like the plague, although I will read some historical romance if it's in the right context. I love sci-fi of all kinds and crime fiction too. Thanks to my dad and his mum, I grew up on Agatha Christie and Ellis Peters, later adding Michael Jecks and Susanna Gregory to the list.

My hobbies include, but are not limited to, Reading, Motor Sport (rallying, auto-testing, hill climbing, sprinting, production car trials etc) and for several years in the early 80s, I was the only woman competing in the UK, but it became too expensive and I had to retire from active competition in 1992. I knit, sew, design clothes and cut patterns, silk screen printing, jewelry making and beading, cooking and baking, growing herbs, gardening, ice skating, horse riding, swimming and a whole slew of other things I can't do anymore. I used to love travelling, but have been virtually housebound for the last ten years, so I watch a lot of holiday and homes abroad tv, as well as animal and dinosaur programmes, sci-fi of course, and anything that makes me think. I keep my brain exercised with daily quiz programmes like 'Fifteen to One', 'Eggheads' and 'The Chase', and my body exercised on a treadmill when I can, but I spend most of my time reading PNR and SFR.

message 6: by Talltree (last edited Jun 10, 2016 02:48PM) (new)

Welcome Sue!!Its wonderful to have you here!!

Thats so amazing that you were the only woman competing in motor sports for a while there in the 80's, you must have inspired quite a few women!! I love your hobbies too, esp. that you design clothes:))

I avoid historical romance and bodice rippers like the plague too, though once I did read them for a lack of choice. I have read a ployamourous book with two h's - it was by Theolyn Boese I think but didn't enjoy it, I much prefer one h and with all men permanently together like you do!

I know you read and review a lot of new polyandry books Sue, maybe you could share them with us on the "I read...." thread?! or if you have the time you could add to our bookshelves or theme-based listopias? Thats only a suggestion though.

If you know of any friends on GR who read a lot of polyandry please invite them, we want as many readers here as possible!! I know there aren't nearly enough books or readers for this sub-genre but hopefully that will change!!

message 7: by Bookishcat (last edited Jun 10, 2016 02:36PM) (new)

Bookishcat | 63 comments Mod
Hello y'all just realized I forgot to do one!! My name is Courtney! I'm 25 and a pisces (you know the crazy sign of the zodiac) ;). I've read since I was a young girl and I remember loving these Storm Fire series books I found at the used bookstore right next to my house, the novels were basically romance novels without sex and I would go back every week and buy more and more. By the time I was 11/12 I was sneaking the more adult ones in between age appropriate books I remember having a whole system! The first poly books I encountered were the same as tall tree, the Anita Blake series! When I'm not reading or working, I like traveling and horror movies.

message 8: by Talltree (last edited Jun 17, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Hey Bookishcat,

Lol, I can't say welcome since you helped to create the group too!! Thanks so much for that its been fun!!

Totally understand about sneaking in more adult romances before you were supposed to! The hush-hush part of it only made it the more desirable at least for me - I remember covering those cleavage- showing women and half-naked men with newspapers and stuff so noone else could see...it was camouflage...feeling a bit nostalgic,lol.

I like travelling too, it broadens your horizons - haven't had a chance to do much of it though. I get motion sick everywhere even in planes, so it can be a bit of a handicap.

message 9: by Bookishcat (new)

Talltree wrote: "Hey Bookishcat,

Lol, I can't say welcome since you helped to create the group too!! Thanks so much for that its been fun!!

Totally understand about sneaking in more adult romances before you wer..."
G
Im so happy to be apart of this group! He ha wasn't that the best trying to hide the heaving chests and broad muscle covers. Did you ever get that '"look' from the cashier? I would and I would play oblivious!

message 10: by Talltree (last edited Jun 18, 2016 01:26AM) (new)

Duh, yeah. I just kept my eyes down and usually went in for those books which had worn out or missing covers bcos it was just easier all around. I still have a couple or so around - kept them bcos I've read them so much I couldn't bear to part with them. Besides they're in tatters,lol!

I'm glad about the group as well, I know we're only about a dozen members or so right now, but hopefully that number will grow with time:)

Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~ (lisa44870) | 6 comments Thanks for the invite. I'm Lisa. I'll be 49 in Sept. My mom started me off with Harlequins when I was a tween then I started stealing her bodice rippers because I wanted more. I've been pushing my book boundaries ever since. I can't honestly remember my first poly read. I prefer my polys to be all male, but will read the occasional mix with a female thrown in. I don't read too many m/f/m anymore because I want the guys to have equal sexy times with each other.

message 12: by Talltree (last edited Jun 18, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Welcome Lisa! Its good to see you here!! Thats nice of your mom that she started you off with the reading habit. I know Harlequin used to have a teen category...I think maybe they still do...

Sexy guys time is so fun to read and watch and I totally get the appeal there;) MM books are getting more and more popular and mainstream and it makes me so happy to see that:D

message 13: by Bookishcat (new)

Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~ wrote: "Thanks for the invite. I'm Lisa. I'll be 49 in Sept. My mom started me off with Harlequins when I was a tween then I started stealing her bodice rippers because I wanted more. I've been pushing my ..."

Welcome Lisa!!! I've been reading quite a few m/m and m/m men ages lately it as a genre like tall tree said is really growing and that makes me happy as well! Have you tried any tymber dalton mmf books? Her books tend to have it where all get equal sexy time with one another and have lots of just mm scenes! :)

message 14: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Hi everyone I'm Angela or Angie and I love reading Menage all types and Tymber Dalton is one of my go to author's for reading mmf. I live in the high desert of California and it is almost 100 degrees outside.

message 15: by Bookishcat (new)

AղցҽӀɑ W. wrote: "Hi everyone I'm Angela or Angie and I love reading Menage all types and Tymber Dalton is one of my go to author's for reading mmf. I live in the high desert of California and it is almost 100 degre..."
Welcome Angie!!! What's your favorite tymber dalton?

message 16: by Ashely (new)

Ashely (arajamin) | 1 comments Hi Everyone :) I'm Ashely! I'm 28 and I have been a reading addict since I was 5 years old (my mom taught me to read at 3). I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on (yes, it's that bad) but I've been reading a lot of Menage (mmf, mfm, mmmf...) for about a year and a half. Paranormal, MC, accidental pregnancy, or normal menage... I will pretty much give anything a chance.

My friends all make fun of me because my reading had gotten decidedly racier since I got my kindles (yes, 2) a couple of years ago. I'm a tutor, substitute teacher, and cheerleading coach so I suppose they find it funny that I read "smut" (their words, not mine).

Aside from my books, I've been happily married for three years and I live in Southern California.

message 17: by Wren (last edited Jun 18, 2016 09:41PM) (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) | 2 comments Hey, my name is Wren. I'm 18, I run a book blog and I love reading, and writing. (If you have a book blog let me know, I want to follow you!)

I discovered polyandrous romance/menage through Maya Banks's book Colters' Woman. It remains my favourite polyandrous romance to this day.

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) *waving at everyone, old friends and new* Thanks, Talltree for the invite.

I'm also a July baby and California native. Grew up on bodice rippers - Kathleen Woodiwiss, Barbara Cartland and the like, and historical books about the various queens in history. Moved to erotic horror short stories while my son was growing up and got hooked on pnr and novels again after reading Twilight in 2009.

Joined GR in 2010 and started reading mfm menages and eventually moved to mmf and mmm and prefer menages where everyone interacts with everyone else and each other.

Funnily enough, I'm finishing up Beyond Ruin (Beyond, #7) by Kit Rocha Beyond Ruin which finally has the first m/m penetration scene in the series (yay!). This one has it all, ff, mm, mf, mfm, ffm, fmf, mmff, all the alphabets.

There's a lot of good menage out there and of course, not so good.

I recently read an m/m/m that had a great quote and I think reflects a good menage whatever the sexual configuration:

“I think if the three of us is going to work out … then we each need to work as the two of us. I mean – Well, you probably get that already. We need to be three couples, I guess, or be able to be.” ~ https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7610... ~ A Threefold Cord by Julie Bozza A Threefold Cord

message 19: by Talltree (new)

Ashely wrote: "Hi Everyone :) I'm Ashely! I'm 28 and I have been a reading addict since I was 5 years old (my mom taught me to read at 3). I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on (yes, it's that bad) bu..."

Hi Ashely, Wow! Three is small to read, I'm pretty sure I was allergic to books at that age,lol! Its nice that you got an early start. The Kindle has really helped everyone in that regard, you can read racy romances and the people next to you have no clue....its the best!!
Its lovely that you enjoy menage romance. We all do! Please feel free to post in the "I read and enjoyed..." thread or add to the bookshelves or listopias or even check them out for future reads!!

message 20: by Talltree (new)

Wren [t(he)y] wrote: "Hey, my name is Wren. I'm 18, I run a book blog and I love reading, and writing. (If you have a book blog let me know, I want to follow you!)

I discovered polyandrous romance/menage through Maya B..."

Hi Wren!! Welcome to the group, I will definitely check out your blog, do you review only on your blog or on GR too?

I discovered polyandrous romance through Maya Banks too, my first book was Brazen, I think but my fav by her was Be With Me. Colter's Woman was a fav too so I totally get it. There are many other books like that on the shelves and listopias here, feel free to browse or add to them!!

I think some people here do have a blog, I know Bookaddict does, its probably mentioned on their profile page.

message 21: by Talltree (last edited Jun 20, 2016 03:15AM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ wrote: "*waving at everyone, old friends and new* Thanks, Talltree for the invite.

I'm also a July baby and California native. Grew up on bodice rippers - Kathleen Woodiwiss, Barbara Cartland and the like..."

Welcome Lei*waves back*! So good to see you here! Feel free to browse and post wherever, I hope you find this a comfy place to hangout and chat all things polyandrous menage!! I love your quote and think its really appropriate whether for a fictional or RL menage,lol!

So your birthday is next month? Hope its a great one!!

I used to read a lot of Barbara Cartland too...they were fun but predictable and all the sighs and "....." gaps while the h was speaking drove me nuts,lol. I guess there wasn't much of a choice then, I'm so glad there is more variety in the romance genre these days....

Will check out the Kit Rocha book now, thanks for mentioning it!

message 22: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) | 2 comments Talltree wrote: "Wren [t(he)y] wrote: "Hey, my name is Wren. I'm 18, I run a book blog and I love reading, and writing. (If you have a book blog let me know, I want to follow you!)

I discovered polyandrous romance..."

I review on both my blog and goodreads!

message 23: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Bookishcat wrote: "AղցҽӀɑ W. wrote: "Hi everyone I'm Angela or Angie and I love reading Menage all types and Tymber Dalton is one of my go to author's for reading mmf. I live in the high desert of California and it i..."

I have two by her both are tear jerks The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4) by Tymber Dalton and the series Love Slave for Two by Tymber Dalton

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia F. (goodreadscomsnflwr5501) | 1 comments Hi everyone. my name is Cynthia and I am 36. I am a Capricorn and love reading. I read everything but Sci fi and alien. my favorites are menage and polyamorous. I love the "trinity masters" series by Mari carr. plus just finished reading "69 bottles" series by Zoey Derrick. I normally read about 300 books a year. if you want any recommendations just ask.

message 25: by Talltree (last edited Jun 21, 2016 06:42AM) (new)

Welcome Cynthia, some of my best friends are Capricorns (and Sagittarians!). Is the Trinity Masters the ones she co-writes with Lila Dubois?

Thanks for offering about the recs Cynthia, thats sweet. I think there was a request on the thread for this:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

that I tried to answer but you might have better suggestions....

message 26: by Heather in FL (new)

Heather in FL (heather_fl) Hi, I'm Heather. I live in Florida. (Go figure, with my user name, lol.) I'm 46, and I only really started reading in 2009. I started with Twilight, lol. Oh, how far I've come! I honestly can't remember my first menage book, but I've read several. I actually just started a box series Love Me Two Times: Menage Romance Mega Bundle... they're short stories, good for just before bed. I generally enjoy longer stories more because you get more character development, and I really like to understand/feel why they're all together. Anyhoo... hello, all!

message 27: by Talltree (new)

Heather in FL wrote: "Hi, I'm Heather. I live in Florida. (Go figure, with my user name, lol.) I'm 46, and I only really started reading in 2009. I started with Twilight, lol. Oh, how far I've come! I honestly can't rem..."

Welcome Heather from the land of lovely weather!! Its good to see you here:) Its nice to see Twilight kickstarted reading for you, it did something similar for me,lol. Like you I prefer longer stories with in depth relationships but some talented authors can really hit the target even with very few pages!

I will check out the book you mentioned:) Please feel free to browse the group, hangout, chat!

message 28: by Connie (last edited Jun 22, 2016 11:01AM) (new)

Connie | 11 comments Hello all. :)

My name is Connie and I am 36 years young, (except around my nap times.). ;D. I like the concept of ménage stories but I haven't had one to truly capture my interest until The Loving Domme by Donna Jay and Riverside Surprise - FFM Ménage by Donna Jay story. They are both very different, but the feelings are real.

message 29: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Hi everyone

message 30: by Connie (new)

Connie | 11 comments Hey Ang. :)

message 31: by Frii (new)

Frii | 1 comments Hello all!

My name is Frii, shortened from Frida. I'm 22 years of age and I live in Sweden with my fiancé!

Ménage is my absolute weakness. I adore it. But what I adore as much is sci-fi and a strong heroine. I'm always on the constant search for these! But honestly, recommend me anything with a full story, no instant-romances or deeper-than-deep attractions, and a strong heroine, and you'll have me hooked!

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

message 32: by Talltree (last edited Jun 23, 2016 05:56AM) (new)

Connie wrote: "Hello all. :)

My name is Connie and I am 36 years young, (except around my nap times.). ;D. I like the concept of ménage stories but I haven't had one to truly capture my interest until [bookcover..."

Welcome Connie,

I'm highly attached to my naps too, just ask my family, I become a snarly bear if they're interrupted! Its great you read FFM, I've read a few too - sci-fi mostly - but there are some well-written contemporary FF/FFMs from a few great authors these days.

message 33: by Talltree (new)

Frii wrote: "Hello all!

My name is Frii, shortened from Frida. I'm 22 years of age and I live in Sweden with my fiancé!

Ménage is my absolute weakness. I adore it. But what I adore as much is sci-fi and a str..."

Welcome Frii!! You're in the right place if you love menage romance :) What are your favourite books with strong heroines?

message 34: by Connie (new)

Connie | 11 comments Thank you TallTree. I'm glad to find a fellow napper in the group. :D

I will have to check out the shelves for recommendations. I've already seen plenty that I would love to have my eyeballs scan.

I believe in the motto , "Sharing is caring." :D

message 35: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) Hi All. My name is Malinda. I just turned 46, I work in IT and live in Phoenix, AZ (in the US). I like menage but really need a committed relationship with the whole menage getting a HEA at the end. I like just about all genres except maybe dark subject matter/abuse.

message 36: by Bookishcat (new)

Hello everyone welcome!!! :)

message 37: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 17 comments Heeeey! I'm 50(ish) Taurus (stubborn and tenacious) and have been reading forever, and started sneaking smut in my teens. I looove a good ménage story, especially the ones where the guys are as into each other as they are the female. Tymber Dalton and Emma Holly are two current faves and I'm looking forward to meeting more authors here

message 38: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) Welcome Marisella :)

message 39: by Bookishcat (new)

Marisella wrote: "Heeeey! I'm 50(ish) Taurus (stubborn and tenacious) and have been reading forever, and started sneaking smut in my teens. I looove a good ménage story, especially the ones where the guys are as int..."

Welcome!! Mmf are my favorites as well although they are hardwr to find! :)

message 40: by Connie (new)

Connie | 11 comments Welcome, welcome! :)

message 41: by Talltree (new)

Connie wrote: "Thank you TallTree. I'm glad to find a fellow napper in the group. :D

I will have to check out the shelves for recommendations. I've already seen plenty that I would love to have my eyeballs scan...."

Connie, have fun browsing ! I'm sure you'll find something you like, if not post in the asking for recs thread...

message 42: by Talltree (last edited Jun 27, 2016 07:38AM) (new)

Welcome Malinda, its nice to see you here. Like you I prefer a committed menage HEA read too, its no fun when a couple split away at the end after all the hot loving ends;)

message 43: by Talltree (last edited Jun 27, 2016 07:43AM) (new)

Hi there Marisella, those Taureans can be stubborn,lol, but I like their tenacity, like you mentioned! I enjoy Tymber Dalton too, actually her less famous ones like Two Geeks And Their Girl or Contractual Obligation...which not many have read.

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 17 comments Oooooh! Imma have to find those older Dalton books. And I am loving,cruising the shelves very nice

message 45: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. Hi everyone

message 46: by Tilly (new)

Tilly (madmat) | 42 comments Hi all,
I am 40, French but I live in the UK. I have always loved reading, we're big readers in the family. I developed my own interest in the sexual tenor of the plot through classics like Madame Bovary by Flaubert, so often it was to do with adultery and the connotation was very negative. My all-time favourite was Les diaboliques by Barbey d'Aurevilly. Also dipped a bit in libertine 18th century books - the positive ones, unlike Les liaisons dangereuses. Also read a lot of graphic novels - comic books are more developed in France, I think. I also started Marcel Proust's Search for Lost Time (but moved to the UK before I finished).
Then I widened the net a bit with translated English books, with things like Henry Miller, Nabokov, DH Lawrence (with some Barbara Cartland and 'Forever Amber' thrown in), but it's Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria Quartet that really blew my mind.
I also caught the Threesome film in 1994 (being a big fan of Twin Peaks and the Dead Poets Society, it had actors of both in it).

Then I moved to the UK and switched to English literature in English, gobbled all the Jane Austens, EM Forsters. Favourites: Possession by AS Byatt, Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver, Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, and Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood (quilts!). And that's the end of the high-brow period.

Then I had a 5-year-long Harry Potter phase. Then my obsession turned to the Twilight saga in 2011. That lasted a while as well, up until I bought the dreaded 50 Shades of Grey trilogyin 2013 (knowing it was fan-based).
That really got me started on erotic fiction. I have enjoyed Sylvia Day's Crossfire series and the Black Dagger Brotherhood. My reading habit really picked up when I got my Kobo for my 40th last November (Scorpio!).
So for the past 9 months I have been trying to find books I like, starting with free stuff (bad idea) then based on recommendations from bloggers - it's how I came across Flesh by Kylie Scott, and Broken by Megan Hart, which led to Tempted (not a Happy Ending unfortunately). (Worth mentioning the FFM The Space Between Us, although not altogether a happy ending for the threesome.)
Then Colters' Woman, which I quite liked, although the writing could be better and I've since grown tired of the the damsel in distress plot.
Laid Bare by Lauren Dane grew on me, they seem to fall into their threesome almost by accident, it's funny.
At that point, I started shopping for ménage quite seriously, by trawling GR lists. I came across Emma Holly's Ménage and Strange Attractions (on mumsnet! there are Black Lace authors lurking on there!) - I'm a BIG fan of all her stuff TBH.
I find it interesting when writers end a series with (or build up to) a ménage, e.g. Olivia Cunning's Sinners on tour, with several threesomes, which culminated nicely with Double Time, or Cherise Sinclair's Shadowlands with If Only.
Also interesting how some writers just stick to MFM (Cherise Sinclair), whilst others seem to really enjoy dabbling with MMF, like Barbara Elsborg - particularly like Girl Most Likely To and Talking Trouble.
Frustrated with the ones that either seem unfinished (Charlotte Stein's Doubled, Make Me, All Other Things) or with an abrupt end qui me laisse sur ma faim like Beautiful Losers.
Recently read Decadent [beware SPOILER] where the Triangle completely collapses at the end, that annoyed me quite a bit!

I am between jobs at the moment so I have had time to do a lot of reading.
I'm at the point where I can tell polyandry is my thing, either in a contemporary context or a fantasy/ sci-fi context - I'm not keen on historical. The fantasy aspect helps the author stretch the men's performance, I find ;) I don't mind a bit of dominance thrown in.

message 47: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) Welcome Tilly :)

message 48: by Bookishcat (new)

Tilly wrote: "Hi all,
I am 40, French but I live in the UK. I have always loved reading, we're big readers in the family. I developed my own interest in the sexual tenor of the plot through classics like Madame ..."

Bonjour Tilly!!! Bienvenue! :)

message 49: by Talltree (new)

Welcome Tilly, you're in the right place if Polyandry is your thing:) Like you I hate abrupt endings;Charlotte Stein, Cara Mckenna are authors I love but wish they would write epilogues!!

message 50: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 17 comments Bookishcat wrote: "Tilly wrote: "Hi all,
I am 40, French but I live in the UK. I have always loved reading, we're big readers in the family. I developed my own interest in the sexual tenor of the plot through classic..."

That's a very diverse reading history! You should try some of Kate Pearce's Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1) by Kate Pearce "house of pleasure" books, she's got some great ménage scenes and long term couples. Emma Holly's a great ménage writer also, from Ménage by Emma Holly to Lord & Master (The Billionaires, #3) by Emma Holly

« previous 1 3