Kenyons Minions discussion

The Spoiler Zone > Malachai Prophecy theories after Invision reveals (SZ)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Here is a small excerpt from Illusion that explains the Mashuan, the Mashuani and a prophecy about Nick:

"The Mashuan was the tablet of fated destiny while the Mashuani was the tablet of prophecy. Twin documents that had been written by the original gods, aeons ago when the world was brand new.
The Mashuan told what was destined to happen, the other foretold ways to accomplish or divert the Mashuan. It was the tablet of what-could-be.
And it had been written on the Mashuani tablet that a Malachai would be born who could turn against his dark nature and become an instrument for good. One who could restore balance and make sure that the world didn’t end. That he held it in tandem with his brother. And so long as they stood united, nothing could destroy the world or universe. "

Because we already knew Nick had a half-brother, Madoc, I thought he was the one the prophecy talked about. It didn't really make sense , but we don't know much about him so I was willing to buy it. But now that we know Nick is also a reincarnated Monakribos, I'm thinking Ash is the brother the prophecy is referring to. The fact that they are both prophecized to end the world reinforces that theory. If Ash dies, Apollymi is unleashed. If Nick dies, the gates of all hell open AND Ash dies so... Apollymi is unleashed. If the two of them ever went to war, the world would end because one and/or the other would be killed. In order for the world to survive, they have to "stand united" like the prophecy said. They can never fight on opposite sides.

What are your theories?

Does Ash know Nick is Monakribos? In Sam and Dev's book, he freaked out while looking through "past nick incarnations", but nothing was said about it.

Do you think we will meet Braith in CON? That Nick will?

message 2: by Misty (new)

Misty | 83 comments I like the theory about Ash and Nick, it makes sense now that we read Invision.
I don't know about Ash knowing, at least in CON. In DH it's a possibility, things are more advanced there.

Abouot Braith, who knows, Nick already had a tour in Azmodae without wanting to, maybe he'll end up in Kalosis as well ^^

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Misty wrote: "I like the theory about Ash and Nick, it makes sense now that we read Invision.
I don't know about Ash knowing, at least in CON. In DH it's a possibility, things are more advanced there.

Abouot B..."

That would be awesome. She's so unpredictable.

message 4: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Well, it's a possibility that Ash is the "brother" that the prophecy spoke of--so I won't rule it out entirely--but I'm not convinced that Ash is the one. Especially when you go back to Invision and the various glimpses into the future.

I'm thinking of the scene where Nick glimpses Styxx entering Kalosis to talk to Apollymi, and it ends when she hands him the vial. In the scene, Styxx says the following:
"Ambrose is opening a gate for you. He and Acheron are going to face Cyprian's forces." (Kindle, 81%).

That tells me, that in that future, Ambrose and Ash are already working together.

Looking at the glimpses into the future in Invision, I can't help but wonder if the prophecy was correctly fulfilled. I wonder about this because there is absolutely no mention yet about Nick and Madoc working together. Kody certainly doesn't mention it, nor does Nick see any sign of such in his visions.

In fact, in Illusion, Kody originally thought that Adarian was the one the prophecy spoke of; the existence of Madoc doesn't seem to enter her mind, like perhaps she forgot the bit about the brother.

Just my two cents' worth, but like I said, I won't entirely rule out the possibility that it's supposed to be Ash and Ambrose working together. Just gotta wait and see.

Oh, and something else ... doesn't each Malachai retain the memories of all the previous Malachai? So I don't know just yet that we can say that Nick truly is the reincarnation of Monakribos.

message 5: by Marie (last edited Jun 07, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Charlotte wrote: "Well, it's a possibility that Ash is the "brother" that the prophecy spoke of--so I won't rule it out entirely--but I'm not convinced that Ash is the one. Especially when you go back to Invision an..."

I'm not sure I understand your arguments. You say you're not sure Ash is the brother the prophecy spoke of, but then you give me example after example proving he IS. Could you explain further?

About the genetic memory thing, I am confused about that too because I'm not sure of how it differs from remembering ones past life. In the DH books, some reincarnated characters got the memories of their past lives back after being reincarnated, and I'm guessing it feels as real as their own lives to them. But is inherited memory any different? Does he feel like he experienced all of that, or is he more like a bystander in those visions? I'm especially worried because I don't want him to remember some of those atrocities as if they had been commited by his own hands. God forbid he ever stumbles into the memory of his mother's rape.

I'd also like to add that, given how uncertain the future is in CON, with all the changes in the past and the changes in DH because of them, I'm starting to doubt the credibility of anything we see in the visions. It's like they explained in Invision, once you know the future, you try to avoid something and end up blindsided by another. I'm not sure any of what we see in the visions has much impact given that anything they do in CON could completly change it at any time.

message 6: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Okay, bear with me, this might turn into a mini-novel ...

Here's the way I see things: In Illusion, Kody has the following thought:

"But after the first war of the gods that had ended both the Malachai and the Sephirii bloodlines, the Arelim had risen to be the Guardians of Order and Truth. They were charged with ensuring that the human world didn't end.
That the Malachai remain forever dormant." (Kindle, 25%)

Now, if I interpret correctly (and I'll admit, I could be wrong), then the prophecy is one way to ensure that the human world doesn't end. And when I look at the statement " ... the Malachai remain forever dormant", I'm thinking in terms of the monster, the one totally lacking in compassion that lurks in each succeeding heir of the Malachai bloodline.

If the prophecy is fulfilled, then the Malachai monster is forever dormant. Again, that's my interpretation. Plus, when I think of "forever", I'm thinking that any future offspring are not going to turn into that monster.

So looking at Nick's journey into the future, the existence of Cyprian Malachai (who is in the process of destroying the world) tells me that the prophecy is not fulfilled. The DH kids are fighting against Cyprian's forces, and they make it clear that Ambrose was an ally. I believe we can safely presume that Ash would have been fighting against the Cyprian Malachai, too (I really don't see him fighting against Marissa or Amara). Therefore, Ambrose and Ash would have been fighting together against the Cyprian Malachai.

Once again, I'm basing this on the notion of Malachi monster forever dormant=fulfilled prophecy.

Now, if Madoc is indeed the brother that the prophecy spoke of, and he is not even mentioned in a future where Ambrose is not the Malachai monster. but Cyprian is ... then it seems to me that the prophecy is not fulfilled.

When I mentioned Kody not thinking of (or mentioning) Madoc, I was thinking that perhaps it hadn't occurred to her that there has to be a brother in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled, at least not until she had spoken with Adidiron and Suriyel. Now that I think about it, it probably has no bearing whatsoever on my interpretation of the prophecy. So I guess we can scratch that bit.

Hope that clarifies my arguments a bit.

On the Malachai's inherited memories ... hmmm, I'm honestly not sure. I thought that the memories served more like an information bank, with only some of the memories experienced firsthand, but I could easily be wrong. I, too, hope that Nick doesn't stumble across the memory of his mother being raped.

message 7: by Marie (last edited Jun 09, 2016 01:24PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Ok I think I get it. When they explained the two books, they said that one was the book of destinies and one was the book of prophecies. The second one is a way to avoid the first, prophecies are ways to change ones destiny. So the destiny of the last Malachai going psycho and starting the end of times is supposed to be stopped by having one Malachai turn against his nature and fighting alongside his brother. So, when Xev and Nick went to a future where that prophecy was fulfilled, normally, the place shouldn't have been a war zone. Because the prophecy should have stopped the destiny.

Is that what you meant?

If so, my theory to counter that is that it's not really the last-malachai-turning-psycho part of the destiny that is supposed to be stopped by the malachai-turned-good prophecy. I think it's the and-he-brings-about-the-end-of-times part that is supposed to be stopped. So maybe that destiny will happen, though obviously the Malachai in question is Cyprian, not Nick. And Nick/Ambrose will stop it somehow because he's turned good. Only we haven't seen that part yet because it's sort of in process in CON and DH. In the past we thought it was an either/or -type scenario: EITHER Nick is the last of his kind and goes psycho, OR he turns against his purpose and fights for the good guys. But if we're talking about two seperate Malachai, then it changes everything since Nick apparently breaks the one-demon-overlord-at-a-time curse.

...Which was apparently put in by Grim and Laguerre???? OMG is Nick going to defeat them??? :D

message 8: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Yes, ma'am, that's exactly what I meant. =)

But by the same token, I see where you're coming from on the Ash=brother theory, simply reading it word for word. Because the prophecy really doesn't specifically say that the brothers must stand together forever. And I agree, the deaths of both Nick and Ash would indeed bring about the end of the world.

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Charlotte wrote: "Yes, ma'am, that's exactly what I meant. =)

But by the same token, I see where you're coming from on the Ash=brother theory, simply reading it word for word. Because the prophecy really doesn't sp..."

I started another topic and I'd like to hear what you think about my theory. It's in the CON folder and it's about the big soulmate reveal in Invision.

message 10: by Pilar (new)

Pilar Ocampo | 13 comments Hi, as you know my english is nor very good, so i try to be as clear possible. I have two theories about the Mashuani. first when talking about his brother does not have to be a blood brother, you know nick's concept of family is basically the same concept with the DH, as explained Simi in the book of Fang. And the other theory is, it can be a brother on the side of cherise. It has always called my attention to bubba being so important to nick is not going to be relevant in the future

message 11: by Marie (last edited Jun 10, 2016 03:14PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I agree that Nick's brother isn't necessarily related to him. That's why I believe it to be Ash, who isn't related by blood, but IS his brother in a way. In one of the CON books, Nick even says Ash will always be his brother. Then there is the whole reincarnation thing. I guess it could also be any number of close male friends that we will see in the series, but Ash is my bet.

Your other theory is that Cherise and Bubba will have a kid? I'm not so sure about that. Bubba is never even mentionned in DH, even though he is one of the main characters of CON. I can't help thinking that he will die or become a Hellchaser at some point. And I also have a hard time imagining a world in which Cherise Gauthier is ready to have sex again. Nick is her world, and because of what Adarian did to her, the idea that she'll get over it sort of messes with how I see her. I'd love for that to happen, but I can't even imagine it.

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments In Illusion, Adarian said to Nick "You are the Malachai. You are the son of the Destroyer of Worlds". The Destroyer is Apollymi, but Nick is definetly Cherise and Adarian's son. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Maybe Adarian knows about the whole reincarnation thing, but I doubt it. I don't think he's all that in touch with his spiritual side. I doubt he would pick up or identify is own ancestor's soul showing up in his son. (Which I'm now realising sounds very very weird)

- Maybe, because Monakribos' powers have been passed down for generations, every Malachai since him has been considered Braith's son. They would have the same powers or privileges Monakribos had as her son.

- Or maybe it's not about power being passed down. Maybe it's a title for the Malachai. Like Conquest.

Whatever the case, I've been thinking that maybe any prophecy about "the son of the Destroyer" (view spoiler)