Play Book Tag discussion

The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1)
This topic is about The Fifth Season
June, 2016: Fantasy > The Fifth season by N.K. Jemisin 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1431 comments This is the beginning of a fantasy series set in the Stillness, a world with a super continent that is frequently rocked with devastating eruptions that cause large population die offs. There is a race of humans, called orogenes, who can control and prevent earthquakes. They are feared yet needed by the main population. The book follows Essun, an adult who was an orogene in hiding now trying to find her kidnapped daughter, Seyenite, an orogene working for the Fulcrum and Damaya, an orogene in training. I was very confused at the beginning on the book but slowly I began understanding some of this land. The book ends with a big cliffhanger and I'm afraid I'll forget the main parts of this book by the time the next book comes out, that's my problem with incomplete fantasy series. I was interested in the story and will likely read the rest of the books in the series once they are published.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments It looks like the next book The Obelisk Gateis being released August 16, 2016, a year after The Fifth Season.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I agree....I started listening to this in audio, but switched to Kindle and it was much easier to follow. I am looking forward to th not book, but will probably at least listen again to catch up and might wait until the 3rd book is immense the so I can read them all closer together.

message 4: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 1903 comments I'm adding this since I've just seen two great reviews.