Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > I would love to write you a five star review...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doug (new)

Doug Oudin | 168 comments How about a seafaring adventure with moderately strong romantic elements?
Kurt and Madison are bored with their daily lives. $500 for a five-week all expenses cruise to Jamaica grabs their attention. The 'luxury yacht' turns into not so luxurious, but they go anyway. Their relationship blossoms, wilts, and then the crusty Englishman boards the ship and.............
www.amazon.com/Doug-Oudin/e/B00J6ELD5C.

Five Weeks to Jamaica

message 2: by Casey (last edited Jun 06, 2016 06:02PM) (new)

Casey Lehman | 29 comments Lady Echo wrote: "IF:

1. I absolutely adore your main character.
2. I find myself unable to put down your book. OR...
3. Your plot blows me away.

(If not, you can expect a lower rating.)

New reviewer looking for ..."

Eh, are you into dragons who are emotionally/mentally human? I have a book out and well.... I have one waiting for art and another 50% done.

https://www.amazon.com/TalonFyre-Chro...

Can a mercenary who has spent so long with his heart closed to the prospect of becoming mates with a female even begin to think of a peaceful life with one? Moreso, will he be able to escape the ghosts of his past even if he decides to? If not on his own, but with the help of an unusually powerful (human?) male and his extraterrestrial wife, it may be possible for TalonFyre to move on. However, will this odd man's help truly convince him to give up on his mercenary and accept Hikari's love?

Also, a teaser to the first part of the prequel can be found here -

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/327696...

In a world of myths and legends, a hero was to be born - Electus the Balance Dragon. Before his heroism, he was to be raised by a Virtue Councilor. This is the story of Radiata, Temperance Councilor and caretaker of Electus.

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 144 comments It's on! Here's the excerpt from Progenitor

Humanity’s greatest achievement exposes our greatest weakness.

Kalea Kerner was an electrical engineer focused on taking over her father’s company, until her uncle sat up from his deathbed and healed her broken foot. The miracle of their healing without the aid of recently developed nanotechnology puzzles doctors, especially when other cases of miracle healings are revealed. When the witnesses to the resurrections demonstrate abilities beyond human capacity, both medical professionals and government leaders are desperate to discover why witnesses to the healings are evolving, while the people who healed them are degenerating through their original diseases. These strange events on the brink of the twenty second century unite doctors, scientists, and ordinary people whose lives have been turned upside down grappling with the possibility that something greater than their advanced technology may have come into the world.

Is it a miracle? Is it a side effect of increased technology? Or is it something else?

Whatever it is, you can find it on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Progenitor-Ear...

Progenitor (The Earthside Trilogy, #1) by Sherri Fulmer Moorer

message 4: by Crystal Dawn (new)

Crystal Dawn (crystal_dawn) | 51 comments How about a fantasy about addiction? Strife by Kevin J J Carpenter.

A Fantasy, Dystopian, Western that sets up the stage for a many grand stories. Files Deschain finds evidence of the malicious drug, Strife, in his quaint hometown of Ophelia. As a part of the local law enforcement he sees it as his duty to pursue and catch those behind the operation, not only for his town, but to protect his young daughter from corruption. After being told to let it lie, Giles becomes obsessed with the crime and ultimately his obsession has deadly consequence to all of those around him.

This is the first part of an anthology series supporting a greater fantasy epic, all of these stories are completely free (forever, not as a gimic) and downloadable to any format, from our website, iBooks or Wattpad. :)

message 5: by Dwayne (new)

Dwayne Fry | 349 comments Sid Harker finds a Bigfoot child in his hen house, trapped with a broken leg. Sid makes plans to get rich from his stroke of luck. His wife, however, is torn between her love for her husband and her compassion for the Bigfoot child.

https://goo.gl/WDtLBT

message 6: by Jim (last edited Jun 06, 2016 06:27PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1047 comments Imagine a world in which war, crime, poverty, hunger, prejudice, inequality, bigotry, envy and greed do not exist. Every inhabitant, without exception, has access to the exact same quantity and quality of food, clothing, housing, medical care, formal education and social advancement opportunities. Being different is not just tolerated, it is admired.

Now imagine that, in this world, the words father, mother, daughter, son, brother sister, family, government and religion do not exist because the concepts themselves do not exist. Inhabitants are occasionally transported to a place they never knew existed or required to do something without having the slightest idea of what they are doing or why it must be done.

If you should choose do so, I hope that you enjoy reading about the world of Levels as much as I enjoyed creating it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 7: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 491 comments Hello Lady Echo,

I know your time is precious so I'll go with one sentence only and hope I won't regret going so short.

Fate Fate (The Legacy, #1) by G.G. Atcheson :

After crashing on Earth, an alien enlists the help of vampires to save the planet.

message 8: by Chad (new)

Chad Descoteaux | 60 comments The Inter-Terrestrial

Bloxnor is an alien scientist who has a half-human son on planet Earth. Aliens on the surrounding planets of Mars and Venus think they own the Earth. This makes it difficult for Bloxnor to return there to see his son, who represents the final key to true unity in the galaxy. A multi-generational space opera with a strong anti-racism message.

message 9: by Lyra (last edited Jun 07, 2016 01:45AM) (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 35 comments Ayn, a sheltered boy predestined to save his galaxy from disease and war, must decide if he is the God of prophecy or just a mere mortal.

A coming of age story amidst galactic turmoil, Shiva XIV has action, romance, mysticism, and magical creatures.

Shiva XIV

Shiva XIV (Shiva XIV #1) by Lyra Shanti