Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Author Profile Help

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 10 comments Hi everyone! My client is Claudine Kapel. She has two profiles, and the one with the asterisk is the claimed one:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
* https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

The other unclaimed profile has one of the same books on it A Chance of Light.

So here is the deal: she is my client and this is why I even noticed it at all. She tells me she wants the unclaimed profile to only show her HR non-fiction book, and NOT the fiction book, which is now re-added to her claimed profile.

Must these two be fully combined, or can she keep her non-fiction page separate?

If they must be combined, please feel free to combine them.

Thank you.

message 2: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 10 comments New information: She has told me she wants the unclaimed profile deleted instead. She wants to retain the one she manages. Not sure what the rules are on this. Thanks again!

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13665 comments Since both names are the same, I moved the book to the claimed profile.

The empty profile will be deleted in due course.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13665 comments ... But I see there is a follower, so that won't happen automatically. Will request in the appropriate thread.

message 5: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 10 comments Great, thank you so much.

message 6: by Noy (new)

Noy Monaco (noywa) | 2 comments Hi, almost the same the question, but my new young adult author would to create her own goodread profile and she would like to know how to?
this next question is just a curious one: what if the author already have her own profile, are there is a way to make that in to a author profile?

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Noy wrote: "my new young adult author would to create her own goodread profile and she would like to know how to?"

Add a book written by the author to Goodreads. This will create a page for the author profile. If the author profile also shows books written by another with the same name, we can assist you in moving the book to a new author profile.

"what if the author already have her own profile, are there is a way to make that in to a author profile? "

If the author is existing GR user, she can claim the author profile and once her claim goes through, her existing profile will be merged with the author profile. This may take several days as per the norm.

If you need any other assistamce, please post here and one of us can help :)

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim Walton (kimwalton) | 4 comments I combined my original profile with my new authors' profile. The name on it should be Kim L Walton and not Kim Durham (help).

please change, I tried but was unable to.

Thank you

message 9: by Joneen (new)

Joneen (belovedjg) | 99 comments Kim-

I just replied to your other post about moving the books by John H. Walton from your profile, got it all resolved, you can see my answer about it in that post. But when I was working on it, I saw your name on your profile is displaying as "Kim L Walton Durham."

So I don't know if you this is resolved for you, but if not, you will need to contact Goodreads support ( support at goodreads dot com), as librarians cannot edit author profiles that are Goodreads Authors.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Walton (kimwalton) | 4 comments Joneen wrote: "Kim-

I just replied to your other post about moving the books by John H. Walton from your profile, got it all resolved, you can see my answer about it in that post. But when I was working on it, I..."

Thank you for your help. I will contact support for the other problem