Literate Cinephiles discussion

Audience Feedback > Should we cover a major series?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylejsmithers) | 11 comments Mod
Game of Thrones is an adaptation of epic proportions.
The Harry Potter series is 7 books and 8 movies.
Would it be worthwhile to take several months and do one (or both) of these? Would it be fun?

message 2: by Jasmine (last edited Jun 09, 2016 10:33AM) (new)

Jasmine (pikakejazz) | 5 comments I probably wouldn't care to listen to any podcasts of those. Definitely not Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter as much as the next person, but I'm ready to move on to other series...

I've only read the first book of Game of Thrones and really liked it, but I'm guessing that there are already places where superfans who care to dissect things can... I wouldn't listen to any podcasts just for spoiler purposes.

message 3: by Jasmine (last edited Jun 09, 2016 10:33AM) (new)

Jasmine (pikakejazz) | 5 comments That being said, I think you could have some interesting podcast discussions if you chose a less-popular series or maybe made a series of podcast episodes on a slightly more general theme (dystopian YA trilogies, spy/detective mysteries, paranormal romance??, etc.,).

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Yeah Jasmine that's a cool idea around the general themes! There's a podcast out there that reviews a movie and then covers similar movies in the genre. I think for LC it would be interesting to not only compare with source material but also similar themed films in the future. Thanks!

And I guess I was looking for an excuse to dive in to GoT...? It is intimidating and podcast prep is quite motivating.

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffrsnbgh) | 5 comments Mod
Jasmine wrote: "That being said, I think you could have some interesting podcast discussions if you chose a less-popular series or maybe made a series of podcast episodes on a slightly more general theme (dystopia..."

Jasmine - thanks for the comments!

Does anyone else agree (or disagree) w/ Jasmine? Other thoughts on the topic?

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendolamite) | 2 comments I like the idea of a theme. I just finished the Red Rising series and absolutely loved it. I read the GoT series last year and have to admit that it's a little too involved for me. I have friends who have gotten way into reading about theories and sub-sub-sub-plot twists but I want something faster and lighter.

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Wendy wrote: "I like the idea of a theme. I just finished the Red Rising series and absolutely loved it. I read the GoT series last year and have to admit that it's a little too involved for me. I have friends w..."

Cool, thanks Wendy. I agree that GoT might be too heavy with too much material. I like the idea of something lighter, even if it hasn't been adapted for TV or a movie. Tell me more about this Red Rising series.