RDG 6319 Foundations of Reading, Summer 2016 discussion

Pink and Say

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Thornton | 19 comments A powerful and emotional story of friendship, strength, injustice and bravery. Patricia Polacco is an amazing author, I pretty much enjoy all of her books. This book brings up a lot of topics and history about our country that is important for children to understand. It would be a great story to read at any grade level because of the theme and also the historical content. Of course, at the younger grade levels you would have to explain more about the times surrounding the story and that some things happened that weren’t right and fair to everyone. To me this is a must have for a classroom library.

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 18 comments This was a wonderful book about two young boys who were brought together during the Civil War and the bond they formed. The book shows a hint of life during the Civil War from the standpoint of two young boys.

message 3: by Nickole (new)

Nickole Castillo | 39 comments This is the first time I have read a book by Patricia Polacco. I liked the way she wrote this story and I am interested in what else she has written. I am glad to see that you like her as well. Do you have any suggestions for other books she wrote that you enjoyed?

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (drld) | 9 comments Mod
Oh my gosh Nickole! I'm so glad you were introduced to Patricia Polacco! She is an amazing author. She has so many wonderful books written for children!!