Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Long | 23 comments Dear Reader,
I wanted to let you know that The Amish of Ice Mountain Series, although inspirational, is still a bit more PG in nature than my previous books. I chose to write the story that God laid on my heart, and this involved really exploring the relationships formed between married characters--and sexual tension is part of this exploration. I dedicated this book to my father, daughter, and my father's cancer doctor, who fought so valiantly to keep my dad in this world. This story brings me more joy than any I've written, and I'm glad that my father can read it from Heaven. So, here's to you--The Discerning Reader--may you continue to enjoy great Amish fiction and thank you should you choose to read...
Kelly M. Long

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 78 comments Kelly I lost my dad to cancer in 2005. I really can't wait to read your story!

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1073 comments @Kelly: Thanks for the warning. I prefer cleaner books so I might not read The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain by Kelly Long . On the off chance I do and I enjoy it, do you know the titles and release dates of the other boks and how many there will be in this series?

message 4: by Rachel (last edited May 08, 2014 08:53AM) (new)

Rachel Brand Kelly, thanks for the update on your new book! I really enjoy novels about married couples, and exploring what happens after the "happily ever after", so I think I'll like this one :)

Also, moving this thread to Amish Book Discussions so members can find it easily!

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina Watson | 222 comments That's ok Kelly Long I will still read it. You did an excellent in the Patch of Heavens series with exploring the relationships formed between married characters.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Tina wrote: "That's ok Kelly Long I will still read it. You did an excellent in the Patch of Heavens series with exploring the relationships formed between married characters."

Agreed!

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Long | 23 comments I appreciate all of your warm response and gentle candor--thank you very much!

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Long | 23 comments I appreciate all of your warm response and gentle candor--thank you very much!

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1073 comments @Kelly: Did you mean to post the same thing twice?

message 10: by J.E.B. (new)

J.E.B. Spredemann (jspredemann) | 164 comments Kelly, how does this compare to Lilly's Wedding Quilt? I know that some took offense at it, but I really enjoyed it. (And I don't read trash, btw.) I felt that it was realistic. With that said, I probably won't let my daughters read it until they're married...

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand J.E.B. wrote: "Kelly, how does this compare to Lilly's Wedding Quilt? I know that some took offense at it, but I really enjoyed it. (And I don't read trash, btw.) I felt that it was realistic. With that said, I p..."

I loved Lilly's Wedding Quilt! I read it when I was newly engaged and appreciated the chance to read such an encouraging portrayal of married love.

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1073 comments @Rachel: I read Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2) by Kelly Long last year and though some parts ofi t were too raunchy for me? I am curious if tour situation at the time you read made the topics within the story t more relatable to you.

message 13: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) I love Kelly Long's books! She is my favorite Amish author. I am looking forward to reading her new book.

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Long | 23 comments The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain is NOT "Fifty Shades of Amish" by any means--It's simply more reflective of the realistic experiences between a man and a wife--sexy? Yes! Raunchy? No!

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 33 comments I personally cannot wait to read this one!